How much can I expect to pay in tolls?

DisneyDreamer0610

Mouseketeer
This may be located somewhere else and I apologize if it has already been answered, but I was wondering how much I should expect to have on me in cash to drive from MCO to WDW property to pay for tolls on the toll road we encounter?

Thank you so much!

You're taking 417 or 528?

I get a roll of quarters and several ones. I put them in the front of the car when we're on the road, and my navigator gets the right cahnge out for me.

Your ticker shows 1 day to go. So there goes the roll of quarters idea. There's a toll calculator on the toll site (sunpass?), but I believe there are two tolls of 1.25 each and then if you go all the way on 417 there's one more that's a dollar, I believe. And that last one, I believe, is unmanned, so I would save 4 quarters for that one.

Maybe bump it up by a buck or two each way, just to make sure you've budgeted enough?

Thank you so much! Staying up super late to finalize everything. Yes, I can go to walmart or a grocery store customer service window and ask for rolls of quarters since banks are closed on Sunday! :( I will probably do that! This helps so much!

From 417 get off at the Route 535 & Route 536 exit for Downtown Disney.

Stay on the main line (536), go under the Disney entrance arch, then take the next exit (Buena Vista Drive). This takes you right into DtD.

Note that some of the toll plazas require that you go down what looks like an exit ramp to pay the toll using cash. Watch the signs. If you go through the no-booth toll area on the main line without a Florida electronic toll payer (e.g. Sunpass) then you will be charged a big fine.

Last edited:
Whew. Glad I told you to overestimate since I was remembering 528 prices not 417 prices!

Watch the signs.

That's for sure. In my experience at being a newbie, if you read the signs there is no way you can miss it. They really do alert you to the tolls and where to go for them.

What is the difference between taking 417 and 528? Why would you take one over the other?

Given the millions and millions of visitors who make the drive every year, you would think they would make the toll situation easier to understand. Their web site is a giant dog turd!

The best exit from 417 to Disney is Exit 6 to International Drive. Just take the exit and keep going straight and it becomes Epcot Drive, right in the heart of WDW.

On 417 ignore the signs suggesting you go past exit 6. If you do you will pay an extra toll.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter