How much better is Hard Rock than Royal Pacific

We are heading down in June 2012(I know a long wait) and have stayed at both HRH and RPR. My kids want to stay at HRH this time. They love the pool and music and all that hype. My husband also prefers HRH because he loves music. Me I like RPR because it is more relaxing. Guess it depends on the ages.

i agree with everything macraven said :thumbsup2

i have stayed at HRH over 22 times.
also have stayed at RPH for a number of stays also.
once at PBH.

there are pros and cons between the two hotels, hrh and rph...

<snipped>

One of the most informative posts I have seen on here. Very helpful! :thumbsup2

We usually stay at RPR, but teen son has been begging to stay at HRH so we did for spring break. He did not enjoy the pool at all. What teen wants to "swim" in 3 feet of water? While I liked the room and did not have any attitude problems from employees, we won't be back to HRH. It just wasn't worth the price difference for us.

I too prefer Royal Pacific to the other 2 onsite hotels at Universal Orlando. However, I cannot help but feel that RPR is a cheapo version Disney's Polynesian Resort. I watched a YouTube video of Polynesian Resort walkthrough yesterday and tbh now Royal Pacific doesn't seem as good. :confused3

I too prefer Royal Pacific to the other 2 onsite hotels at Universal Orlando. However, I cannot help but feel that RPR is a cheapo version Disney's Polynesian Resort. I watched a YouTube video of Polynesian Resort walkthrough yesterday and tbh now Royal Pacific doesn't seem as good. :confused3

We always stay at RPR and love the atmosphere. Many people have said that the Polynesian is not as nice as RPR. I myself have never stayed there so I have no idea. When we do Disney we stay at RPR and drive down to Disney. I find no benefit of staying onsite at Disney's hotels.

We have stayed club level at all three on-site hotels. We prefer RP to HR. The decor at RP is truly lovely, the dining options are better and (like others have noted) we didn't care for the HR employees. RP, to me, is like what Disney's Poly should have been but isn't -- really a lovely design. The Orchid Court and elephant fountains are stunning.

Having said that, HR is somewhat more convenient to the parks, the rooms are larger at HR (especially the deluxe rooms) and the Kitchen (or whatever it's called) does a great breakfast buffet for a reasonable price.

However, our favorite Universal resort, by far, is PBH.

If u are saving that much a night going to RPR I would absolutely without a hesitation go there. They are both so beautiful and as another said, just a little different. BOTH are absolutely gorgeous. Having stayed at both and usually having a hard time deciding between the two, I would absolutely do RPR, without a hesitation. Go over to HRH and spend the day there at the pool if you like. And the answer to your question is no, it is not worth that much more to go to HRH than RPR.

We have stayed at RPR 3 times now and to be honest, it has seemed to have got better and better with each stay.

However, we did enjoy one evening when we swam over at HRH and for this trip, DD 16 (who is a budding rock chick - will have to post a photo so you will see what I mean!:goodvibes) wants to stay at HRH more than anything else in the world so it seems I will have no say on the matter anyway:rotfl:

We have stayed at RPR 3 times now and to be honest, it has seemed to have got better and better with each stay.

However, we did enjoy one evening when we swam over at HRH and for this trip, DD 16 (who is a budding rock chick - will have to post a photo so you will see what I mean!:goodvibes) wants to stay at HRH more than anything else in the world so it seems I will have no say on the matter anyway:rotfl:

My eyes are playing tricks on me! I originally read the 'at' as 'to'! :rotfl:

We went to Universal for the first time last September. After going back and forth between RPR and HRH, we ultimately decided to spend a little more and stay at HRH. We did not regret the decision. The rooms were large and well apointed. The staff was most friendly and helpful. When the bellhop found out it was our first trip, he gave us a lot of advice and opinions of where to eat and what to do. Moreover, we were pleased to be able to get into our room right as we checked in at 11 am.

The hotel is quite beautiful with an endless display of rock memorabilia. While we didn't eat at The Kitchen, we did get a pizza to take back to our room the last night we were there. The bartender kindly gaves us plates and silverware to use. And the pool was great. I love the slide. The day we spent at the pool, they had a dj and some hula dancers. Made for a very fun day!

The walk from HRH to the Studios was just about five minutes or so. Double that for IOA. Most days, however, we took the boat, which makes for a relaxing ride.

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at HRH. That said, we'll probably stay at RPR the next time we visit, only because I'd like a different experience.

Honestly, I think the only reason HRH is more expensive is because of less rooms. It's not any nicer.

RPR is FAR from a cheap Polynesian at Disney immitation. I have been to both. Yes, the lobby at the Poly is nice, but it's not the most amazing thing in the world. Overally, RPR is actually the nicer hotel. The only thing the Poly has on it (aside from being on the monorail obviously) is the beach. There is beach at RPR also, but you don't have the MK view in the background.

Honestly, I think the only reason HRH is more expensive is because of less rooms. It's not any nicer.

RPR is FAR from a cheap Polynesian at Disney immitation. I have been to both. Yes, the lobby at the Poly is nice, but it's not the most amazing thing in the world. Overally, RPR is actually the nicer hotel. The only thing the Poly has on it (aside from being on the monorail obviously) is the beach. There is beach at RPR also, but you don't have the MK view in the background.

I agree. I find the Poly to be very tacky and very tired. Our room was really musty smelling.

my opinion, I think HRH is more expensive b/c of the location. You just can't beat it. And, I 100% agree about RPH being better than the Poly. We thought we were the only family who didn't enjoy our stay at the Poly!

The only thing the Poly has on it (aside from being on the monorail obviously) is the beach.

The Polynesian also has much bigger rooms (especially in the newer longhouses) and many have balconies. You can more than compensate for the room size by getting a king suite for less money than a standard room at the Poly, although that wouldn't work if you have more than 3 in your party. But the lack of balconies is a sore point with the Universal resorts, at least for us. I know that PB has some, but it sounds like a pretty small percentage.

I don't know yet which resort I like better overall though, as I'll be staying at RPR for the first time this October. Can't wait! :yay:

The Polynesian also has much bigger rooms (especially in the newer longhouses) and many have balconies. You can more than compensate for the room size by getting a king suite for less money than a standard room at the Poly, although that wouldn't work if you have more than 3 in your party. But the lack of balconies is a sore point with the Universal resorts, at least for us. I know that PB has some, but it sounds like a pretty small percentage.

I don't know yet which resort I like better overall though, as I'll be staying at RPR for the first time this October. Can't wait! :yay:

:thumbsup2

I really like RPR and think it is a great value, but I really like Poly too! :goodvibes

We are planning to stay at RPR this June, but we might change to PBH if AP rates come out since the rooms are bigger. But I am very happy with RPR if we go there - we had a wonderful stay there a few years ago.

RPR is FAR from a cheap Polynesian at Disney immitation. I have been to both. Yes, the lobby at the Poly is nice, but it's not the most amazing thing in the world. Overally, RPR is actually the nicer hotel.

This.

Funny, we stayed at RPR for the first time last week, and on the trip home, my wife and I were discussing comparison b/w Poly and RPR. We loved the Polynesian, but agreed that RPR was simply a nicer "hotel." As for "themed resort," well, that's probably a matter of personal taste . . .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter