• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How much are you spending on your 4 night DCL cruise??

Disneydreamer5

DIS Veteran
I had 2 cabins, cat 11 on hold last week and on the day the deposit was due I freaked out and let the cabins go.
I have been second guessing myself and driving my poor DH insane ever since.
I had a milllion reasons not to do it but I keep looking at prices and now I am really thinking I should consider this again.
I was playing $3532 for 2 cabins, cat 11, side by side. Nov 8th 4 nighter. The cast of crew is below in my signiture.
The cheapest 7 nighter I have found comes to $5980. Would you wait until you had the money for a 7 nighter or spend the above amount for a 4 nighter?:confused3
What do you all pay for your cruises?

We will be sailing on Aug.8 (7 nights Western Caribbean).
We booked a Cat.8, outside Cabin for a family of 4 for $2541
This was such a great deal, that we couldn't have turned it down.

Due to the current economy, there are many such good deals around. Be patient and keep your eyes open for great cruise deals.

Good Luck

We're booked on the 6/13 7 day western and I got a Category 5 Delux Verandah stateroom for 4 for $3100. This includes our tips and insurance.

Lynn:flower3:

:)
We're booked on the 6/13 7 day western and I got a Category 5 Delux Verandah stateroom for 4 for $3100. This includes our tips and insurance.

A couple of questions...

When did you book your cruise?

Is this what you booked or were you upgraded?

Thanks!:)

:)
A couple of questions...

When did you book your cruise?

Is this what you booked or were you upgraded?

Thanks!:)

I'm mystified by this. I have a 4-night on the 6/14 cruise, 4 people, Cat. 6 and I paid $4600. How did you get a 7 night cheaper? Do you have young kids? Ours are 11 and 12, which could explain some price difference, but not THAT much.

Some of those great prices could be for people who received pin codes. I am a DVC member and have sailed DCL 2 times. I have never received a pin code for anything. So don't count on that. DCL is still expensive and not discounting the fall yet at all.

To the OP, have you checked out Royal Caribbean? They are running specials this fall on the Freedom of the Seas. You can get an inside cabin for 4 people for under $2000. For teenagers I would think the FOS would be better than the Magic anyway.

we are travelling on the magic 08/22 western caribbean. we paid a little under $3500 for our Cat 6 ...and then a further $1400 or so for a cat .11 for our kids. it worked out almost the same price to have the 2nd cabin as it did to share..we booked the day the reservations opened up. i cannot beleive just how cheap it was compaired to current pricing on lower cabins ( than the 6) on the cruise .:confused3

Wow, I feel like I got ripped. I paid $4300 for a deluxe inside cat 10 for 7 night 6/27. How did you get such a cheap deal? Who did you book through?

I booked a 7 night land/sea package (3 nights land, 4 at sea) Port Orleans French Quarter/cat. 12 on ship for about $1700 for 2 people. I booked through vacationstogo.com. I think it was a pretty good deal, and we just got room assignment today and were upgraded to cat. 11.

Just keep looking around, I'm sure you'll find something! pixiedust:

We cruised Oct. 2008 in a cat. 3 there was me, DH, and DS 9 our cruise was $3900, 4 night disney wonder

We are paying $3200 for 2 Cat. 11's, 4 people (2 teens so everyone priced as adults), for the 4-night 8/16. The rooms are 2 different prices because we got the onboard re-booking credit for one room when we changed our ressie from our original booking and added a room. We have some OBC's.

When I saw the military rates that are offered for that same date -- :eek: I begged my retired military parents to cruise with us so we could re-book at that rate and save $1400!!! But they don't want to do DCL again. :sad:

I have been seeing so many great FL resident rates -- I am hoping that one will be offered for our sailing, and that it will be available to us. pixiedust:

However, $800 per person for 4 nights of Disney Cruising is still a good vacation value in my book, especially since we don't have the added cost of airfare. My DD is going to be thrilled! It is a secret and we are bringing one of her BF's. :yay: (that is "best" not "boy" :rotfl2: )

That price includes the travel insurance.

We paid $2200 for three of us (1 child) in a cat 11 for the June 7th 4 day and then I paid $200 to upgraded us to a cat 8 for a new total of $2400. We received a free upgrade to a cat 6 and can't wait to leave Sunday on our first cruise. These were FL resident rates that we booked about 1 month ago.

So would you say most of these rates are either return cruisers, FL resident or other special rates?

We are in Ohio, booked on 5/16 and did not qualify for any discounts.

I feel so ripped off though...:mad:

Some of those great prices could be for people who received pin codes. I am a DVC member and have sailed DCL 2 times. I have never received a pin code for anything. So don't count on that. DCL is still expensive and not discounting the fall yet at all.

To the OP, have you checked out Royal Caribbean? They are running specials this fall on the Freedom of the Seas. You can get an inside cabin for 4 people for under $2000. For teenagers I would think the FOS would be better than the Magic anyway.

DCL is running specials for the Fall - we were able to get an inside GTY on the 10/17 MAGIC 7-day western for $2500 for 4 people. Even though it is an inside GTY, I was very happy with that price. I know that we will have a Cat 11 b/c we have 4 people but I am happy with whatever we get b/c I think we got a very good deal.

We were very lucky though that DS's aren't in school yet so I was very flexible with dates. I literally just started checking every sailing starting in April to see what was available under this deal.

Good luck.

The price that lynnivey paid was an interline rate (see post where she mentions she booked through an "interline company"). Not everyone is eligible for those rates.

Who Qualifies? - Rates are valid for: Commercial airline employees, spouses, dependent children under 21 and retirees of the airlines (not defunct carriers). Parents of employees are NOT eligible at this time. We must submit a copy of your airline ID within 48 hours of booking or Disney reserves the right to adjust the booking to regular rates. Rates shown are valid on new bookings only, if within the final payment date.​

Just thought everyone would like to know! :)

So would you say most of these rates are either return cruisers, FL resident or other special rates?

We are in Ohio, booked on 5/16 and did not qualify for any discounts.

I feel so ripped off though...:mad:

The further ahead you book, the lower the price. You just booked a month ago and you are cruising at peak season. The person who said they paid $3100 may have booked a long time ago, or may have booked while onboard a previous cruise (you get a discount for that, so consider that when you are cruising).

I don't think your price of $4300 for a 7 night cruise sounds bad! We originally booked our cruise in January of 2008, while onboard the Wonder, for the 8/8/09 7-night cruise. I think we had a Cat. 7, and it was $5128 for three people, with the discount for booking onboard. We had to reschedule due to a conflict with one of DD's camps, and that is how we ended up with our current booking for the 8/16 4-night.

You will have a wonderful time! pixiedust:

The price that lynnivey paid was an interline rate (see post where she mentions she booked through an "interline company"). Not everyone is eligible for those rates.

Who Qualifies? - Rates are valid for: Commercial airline employees, spouses, dependent children under 21 and retirees of the airlines (not defunct carriers). Parents of employees are NOT eligible at this time. We must submit a copy of your airline ID within 48 hours of booking or Disney reserves the right to adjust the booking to regular rates. Rates shown are valid on new bookings only, if within the final payment date.​

Just thought everyone would like to know! :)

Ah, thanks for clarifying that!

Aug 4 day $1,772,96 (cat 6, 2 adults)
with a $99.00 3 day B2B Total with tax etc...$272.96 (cat 6 same cabin as 4 day).
Just saved $500!!!:cool1: with the new military discount! off our 4 day.

Total =4 day $1,272.96
3 day $ 272.96

Grand total= $1,545.92 7 days cat 6, 2 adults, not bad! :thumbsup2!

OR $110.00 a day each!!

We paid $2200 for three of us (1 child) in a cat 11 for the June 7th 4 day and then I paid $200 to upgraded us to a cat 8 for a new total of $2400. We received a free upgrade to a cat 6 and can't wait to leave Sunday on our first cruise. These were FL resident rates that we booked about 1 month ago.

WOW. Great upgrade(s)!!!!!

We're cruising on the 4 day Wonder cruise next week. We paid $1997.00 taxes and tips included. We declined the trip insurance. This is an interline rate as described by a PP. We have a cat 9 room.:thumbsup2

There are definitely good deals out there depending on when you book and some other outside factors.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter