How much are you spending on gas in a month?

LaraK

<font color=magenta>A wet monitor is the sign of a
I did the math today while I was caught in traffic....

Two cars (both SUV's)....45 mile commute each way and 35 mile commute each way...

Two trips to the gas station to fill up each week for each car...

about $800 a month :scared1:

What are you spending?

I hate to say it's going to change my driving habits, but I'm going to be sticking a little closer to home this summer!

I have a very short commute for the time being, thank God. But I'd say I'm spending $100-$125 a month.

I did the math today while I was caught in traffic....

Two cars (both SUV's)....45 mile commute each way and 35 mile commute each way...

Two trips to the gas station to fill up each week for each car...

about $800 a month :scared1:

What are you spending?

I hate to say it's going to change my driving habits, but I'm going to be sticking a little closer to home this summer!

WOW!! You could buy 2 fuel efficient cars just with the savings/month in gas, YIKES!!!!

I have a 1.1 mile commute. I don't have to fill up very often and DH drives a fuel efficient car, 14 mile commute. I would have to say with the almost $3.50/gallon we will be spending about $120/month or so on gas.

I have to get to work, even when it snows...so I need four wheel drive. The other SUV is paid off, we're trying to avoid a car payment...the next car will be a hybrid, but we were trying to put that off for a while...at a certain point it will be a good investment to get the hybrid.

About $120-$160 roughly. I drive a Toyota Rav 4 and fill it up once a week.

We spent $350 on gas last month.

DH drives 26 miles round trip to work. I drive anywhere from 10 miles per day (if I just take the kids to school and go nowhere else) up to maybe 30 miles a day (if I have a lot of errands).

We WERE spending about $500 per month but DH got a job much closer to home and now between the both of us we probably spend about $200 a month. He only works about 20 miles away and I stick close to home and only spend about $40 a month. Gas is killer man.

3 cars, prob right at 800.00 a month.

AGHHHHH!!!!!!!!

DH averages $400+ each month. :sad2: We were just talking about this today. I stick close to home and only use car for errands mostly.

according to Quicken March was $655.52 and the average for the past year is $686 - 2 cars and one SUV.

But Spring Break was in March which meant my SUV and my son's car were parked much more during one week of the month.

I bet in April we go over $750.

I would say that based on the Math, SUV's are getting 14 MPG

(45+35) =80 Milles per trip x 5 Days a week x 4 Weeks = 3200 Miles per Month.

$ 800 Divided By $ 3.60 per Gallon = 222.22 Gallons per month.

3200 Divided by 222.22 Gallons = 14.4 Miles Per Gallon.

Or the New Calculaton 14.4 MPG Divided by $ 3.60 per Gallon =

4 Miles per $ of Gas. Roughly for Every Mile You Drive it cost a Quarter.

If you were to switch to a Toyata Hybrid at 40 Miles per Gallon. You would save 3200 Divided by 40 MPG = 80 Gallons of Gas, So you Save 222-80 =142 Gallons of Gas a month. That translates to a cool $ 500.00 per Month.

Since the Toyota Pirus Hybrid goes for $ 22,000 and you would need two, $44,000 is needed.

Taking out a six year loan at 9%, Your Monthly Payment would be $ 793 Per Month. a $ 293 per month Short fall. Of Course we don't know the trade in value of the SUVs and if Gas Continues to rise the break even point will get closer and closer.

I guess I had nothing to do tonight

Oh I spend $ 240 per month on Gas. Work from Home. Kids use most of the gas in the cars.

We have a giant van w/ a wheelchair lift. :scared1: We can't get anything smaller that would be capable of carrying our children and hauling the 850 lbs of equipment (lift, powerchair, and power/swivel seat). My little car costs us about $55.00 a week. I shudder to say the what the van costs...$180 a week. :sick:

That's over $1,000 a month! :scared:

Yet another way the disabled get hosed.

I don't know what we are paying now but with just our landcruiser we were paying at least 800 a month just on that never mind my husbands car. Now we traded that in for a highlander and get better gas milelage and my husbands new job pays for gas and a car for him. So better I would assume.

About $1,200-$1,300 per month (4 cars)

Wow. I spend about $80-90 per month. Thankfully I don't drive a gas-guzzler... er I mean SUV :eek: . I drive at least 30 miles a day.

I pay more in GAS a month then I ever paid for a car in a month!:scared1:

We pay some of the highest gas prices in the country right down the street from me it's currently $3.85 a gallon for regular unleaded.

For my large monster SUV we pay $350 a month in gas and another $100 for my husbands car. He commutes into the city and it's a long commute for him. We have to drive to get to any major services, we just don't go anywhere during the week and we're looking into getting a smaller car for me to drive during the week and only using the truck when the five of us go out on bigger trips and for Costco runs.

$140 per month. We share one SUV.

14 months ago we had a truck and a SUV with a 45 mile commute. Thank God we quit the rat race. I can walk to work (not that I do) and my wife works less than four miles from our home. Gas here is now $3.97 per gallon.

We spent about $60 a month for a minivan but that's only because DH drives a company truck for his job and they pay the gas. He has at least a 45 minute commute everyday....he works contruction so sometimes it's more than that. If we had to pay for the gas to go to work, I don't think we could afford to have him work where he does.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter