How much are h2o misters in WDW?

Last May I think I paid $17 or something like that. It should have come with a case of Evian! By all means, I think you should pack your own if you can. We learned this one the hard way.

We just came back from our trip in May and they are 17.00 and they just fill them with ice from their cart and some water. Our first day at disney we hit mgm and it was 97 degrees and star wars day. My kids first trip to disney and they were walking around in a daze amazed at it all and a staff member starts shooting my kids (daughter especially) with his mister fan and then he just gave it to her...she is very shy and quiet and was at a loss for words other than "ahhhh thankkkkkkks" Needless to say we then bought my son one also. We would never have paid the 17.00usd a piece otherwise so definitely get them from walmart my kids had so much fun with them all week. Every day before hitting the bus to a park they would load them up with ice and off we'd go. When the ice runs out they still use the fan. Remember extra batteries also cause they are double at the parks. We needed extras.
have fun :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

On very hot days, you'll be glad you have them. It was amazing to see how quickly little kids ran up to the CM selling the fans right after the CM sprayed the crowd with water on a scorching hot day waiting for the afternoon parade.

NOT only are they expensive they are LARGE! I see poor parents holding 2-5 of these things! It was crazy. I wish I would have gone to walmart and got a small one!

We agree the mister fans ARE expense but WOW on a hot day in the parks that $17 us feels like a bargain!! DD12 used her spending money for it and we get our use still!! It is more powerful and sturdy than the Walmart kind....also we looked at it as a souvenir!!

Tinkerbell Teen said:
We agree the mister fans ARE expense but WOW on a hot day in the parks that $17 us feels like a bargain!! DD12 used her spending money for it and we get our use still!! It is more powerful and sturdy than the Walmart kind....also we looked at it as a souvenir!!

They are made by the same company

missmun52 said:
They are made by the same company

Watch out. This quote above should not be meant to say a Walmart $3.00 item is the exact thing as a $17.00 item.

Just think of Home Depot. That Moen brand of faucet is not the same quality as a Moen faucet from a plumbing supply house. Two different animals selling at two different price points.

I'm not here to upsell WDW merchandise, just pointing out what should be an obvious observation, but for whatever reason isn't.

I'd buy the Walmarts and use them. If by any chance they are lost or brake, WDW will always have the misters for you to purchase. :goodvibes

Laurajean1014 said:
Watch out. This quote above should not be meant to say a Walmart $3.00 item is the exact thing as a $17.00 item.

Just think of Home Depot. That Moen brand of faucet is not the same quality as a Moen faucet from a plumbing supply house. Two different animals selling at two different price points.

I'm not here to upsell WDW merchandise, just pointing out what should be an obvious observation, but for whatever reason isn't.

I'd buy the Walmarts and use them. If by any chance they are lost or brake, WDW will always have the misters for you to purchase. :goodvibes

A company can make two different products one being better than the other with the higher ended model generally having more and better features than the other.

A company can also make one product sold at two different stores, one store selling it at a little more than face value and the other tripple what it is worth. (still the same exact product with different prices)

I have seen on these boards where people had problems with the Disney one but they were replaced in the parks with another no problem.

I am not saying this is the case here, but dont be fooled into thinking that any time you pay more for something it is of better quality.....Just because something is Disney does not mean that it is better.

And if you feel I am wrong thats great but dont come on here saying that this should be an obvious observation!! What was said may be true in this case but it is not always the case!!! :goodvibes :rolleyes:

http://www.o2-cool.com/products.htm

I just bought some great misters at Target for $6.99. They are about 7" high and pretty light. You can just use the fan or pull trigger for water.

They seem to work great!
Always bring extra batteries!

The Walmart Misters are 4.96 plus tax. They take 2 double A batteries. We bought one for our trip (just got back last Friday!) - I tested it out at home - looked great and I patted myself on the back for saving money and thinking ahead. Fast forward to the hotel - I go to fill it up - it won't work. Period. I couldn't bring myself to pay 17 bucks at WDW for one, but you can bet I took that broken mister back to Walmart yesterday. Got my money back. So buy a couple! LOL!!

Carol

Added to say - I saw the misters at Target - the beauty of the ones at WDW and the ones at Walmart (vs the ones I saw at Target) is the strap that allows you to hang it on your shoulder (or better yet - give it to your child to carry and they won't set it down somewhere).

I won't get into the whole quality question - LOL - The Disney one is cuter by far, but not 12 dollars cuter.

Carol

check the disney stores... they have one with the americana theme!

Can you tell if those fan misters are available in canada at the walmarts?
I did check the walmart in my area and couldnt find one

We LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Misty Mate misters from Wal-mart ($13). They don't require batteries and don't have a fan. You fill them with water, pump them up to pressurize them, then a fine, cool mist of water continually comes out the small tubing. They come in a little carrying case with strap and can be placed of top of a stroller canopy to mist down on little ones riding in the seat. IMO they are much better than the battery/fan type of misters. We've used the same one for years without any problems.

I got a couple of very small misting fans. They are about the size of 1/2 of your hand. they have a clip that can attach to anything (rock climbing type clip) and uses 1 AA battery.they cost $2.44 ea. :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter