How many Solos are only solo at Disney?

anonymousegirl

DIS Veteran
Hi Everyone,
I am one half of a great duo but my DH's one flaw is that he is not a huge Disney fan. If I could go to Disney (land or World) every two months, I would. He is fine with once every two years. So I go solo to Disney (a lot).

Anyone else out there like me-solo but only at Disney?

My DH hates to travel except for dive trips so just about anywhere I go I go solo unless I can talk my DS (adult) into joining me. I'd go to Disney every 2 months solo as well. It's one of my favorite places to go solo.

Hi Everyone,
I am one half of a great duo but my DH's one flaw is that he is not a huge Disney fan. If I could go to Disney (land or World) every two months, I would. He is fine with once every two years. So I go solo to Disney (a lot).

Anyone else out there like me-solo but only at Disney?

Definitely! Like your situation, my DH is happy going to WDW much less often than I am. So most of my trips are solo.

I'm married with 2 kids but my husband LOVES Disney. I will be going solo because I had a Southwest voucher I need to use and some vacation time that I have to use by the end of the year.

My hubby is Disney'd out. Probably won't be able to convince him to go for a couple of years! I planned an impromptu trip to see the Osborne lights for the last time and will be going solo Nov 10-15 . I've asked several friends if they would like to join me (since we own dvc) but almost everyone has kids/family obligations or no more vacation time. unfortunately since my hubby doesn't like Disney as much as I do, going with him isn't as much fun anyways. Can't explain it; being at WDW just makes my heart smile

I'm directionaly challenged so I prefer not to have to drive myself around with a rental. Disney offers the opportunity for me to just go with the flow. A couple years ago we went for our anniversary and I had some time alone need so after that vacation months later I was brave enough to go solo after many attempts to get other people to come with me. I LOVED that vacation! I had no one to take care of and no one to explain where I was going or what I was doing. It made some time for me to show myself that it's ok to be alone.
DH agreed to go on an anniversary redo last year because I was sick the previous year and he saw how much I enjoyed my solo time.
After that vacation he said he was Disneyed out and it would be a couple years before he would want to go again. LOL
Well this winter was terrible and I decided if he didn't want to go, I was going solo. The more I talked about a solo trip and the things I was considering doing, he decided he wanted to try solo at Disney too. Also he has coworkers that have been going the past couple years with their families and Disney was becoming appealing the more we all talked.

So this year, because of "circumstances" we decided to do an overlap vacation. He will leave a few days before me, I meet him there for 3 days and then he leaves and I have 3 days solo. So he has planned his itinerary around things he likes to do (and I tolerate) then we will do some things we both are interested in, and then the day he leaves I have my DTD shopping day planned. LOL I have tentative ideas for the days I'm solo but honestly even if I sit by the pool with a book that will be fine with me. I just want to have only me to worry about.

As much as I look forward to doing vacation together (or even have a girlfriend to join me) I do look forward to my solo days. My day to day life has me doing a lot of care giving, even it's my "time off". I need to recharge with my own interests.

I don't know if people are "against" solo vacations when they hear about them because of their own fears or if it's the "leave husband behind" idea that they have an issue with. I'm not sure but it doesn't matter. I like solo and I think it will be good for DH to have some solo time too.
After all Disney is not only about characters and rides. There is so much more to take in and enjoy. Even if it's quiet time.

Glad to hear another DW has a DH that is ok with solo time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter