How many rewards/gift cards did you earn for one wdw vacation?

minniemom92

Earning My Ears
I know many have Disney Visa Rewards (as do I). I have read some belong to Sunshine Rewards, My Points, Quick Rewards and other sites.

Out of curiosity and just for fun, what is the highest dollar amount (gift cards) combined from all reward venues that you have used to pay for a WDW vacation?

I'm sure I won't be anywhere near the highest, but for my upcoming vacation I will have a $25 Rainforest gc from mypoints, a $25 Speedway gc from Speedy Rewards, $50 in cash from surveys, and I have about $40 in Amazon gc's from Swagbucks that I'm using for things we'll need for the trip.

So all together that's $140. I've been saving these for about 4 months, so next year I hope to have even more.

Erin

Well, between Sunshine, CashDuck (now closed), MyPoints (cancelled now), Pinecone and MySurvey, I paid for about 90-95% of my 2 week trip in January. It took over two years to accumulate the rewards though. We stayed at ASMu and bought tickets through UCT/Mousesavers.

Also added in that are money saved from coupons (...that "note" on the bottom of your receipt..."you saved $xx today...that $xx went in the savings acct.). Also any rebate checks and change jar.

Right now I do Sunshine for surveys, Ebates for shopping unless more at Sunshie, and SimpleGPT. I also do MySurvey a little. I kind of fizzled out doing it alot for the last trip, I was religious and tried for something daily. Now it is more like every few days, but I still get about $40 per month between all. If I really tried it would be about $70, summer is just so hard to find the time!

We accumulated 944 Disney VISA rewards points for our 2006 trip. We built a house & charged everythig from granite to appliances to landscaping. Yes, I know that 944 is 1% of a lot of money charged! We paid it off every month & were more than happy to spend 944 Disney points! I think Disney Visa now has a cap on how many points you can earn in one calendar year.

This is our first trip to Disney but we got the visa reward card a while back with the 200 point bonus. I just orderd our gift card and we have 406 points on it. We chared everything on the card and paid it off each month. Every time I charged something I subtracted it from the checkbook so there were no surprises.

I've been doing market research locally so have two visa gift cards for a total of $205 for that.

DH has a reward program at work and saved enough "bucks" to get a $100 Disney gift card.

I figure our Disney cards will pay for our ADRs, snacks and souvenirs and the gift cards from the market research will pay for a good portion of our gasoline expense.

I just received a $500 Disney Gift Card from Sunshine Rewards and I have a $50.00 Landry Gift Card (My Points) that we plan to use at Yak & Yeti (RIP Pho.) I have over $300 in Disney Rewards...but as I've been buying Disney Gift Cards at the grocery store to maximize the 3% reward's promo...I think I'll let them accumulate until next year. I also save change, do rebates and do a few survey programs, halfheartedly.

Wow, I've never heard of Sunshine rewards. Is it a easy as it sounds? :idea:

Sunshine Rewards is awesome! I have been a member since early 2006 and have just topped $4,000 in earnings. Unfortunately, it took me a year or so to get really serious on there, but I'm very addicted now!

The bulk of my earnings are from daily surveys. There are currently 6 daily surveys that can be taken to earn up to $4/ day which really adds up! Qualifying will depend on your demographics as well as persistence, but there is the potential to make $120 a month in just surveys!

The other way to earn on Sunshine Rewards is online shopping. There is a large list of merchants that you can shop through SR and it grows on a weekly basis. They often post coupons and increased cash back % for various merchants throughout the months. I typically am able to find a better deal on things and I don't have to drive anywhere.

If you join Sunshine Rewards, be sure to pop over and join their forums. There is a lot of information there and tons of people willing to help you earn! I have been there since pretty much the beginning and their customer service is top notch! I think the most popular cashouts are for Disney Gift cards and Paypal although there are a lot of other options as well.

On our last trip in May, I took enough in gift cards to pay for 2 annual passes and all of our food. Since probably April, I have earned another $550 that will go towards our October trip!!!:thumbsup2

Another loyal Sunshine Rewards member here. I have $625 from SR for our upcoming trip. $200 in Disney Visa rewards from me, and my sister is giving me her $200 accumulated in Disney Visa rewards. (they are staying with us in a condo in Myrtle Beach next summer, and she wanted to give us something for the condo.) Plus, been buying disney gift cards at Giant Eagle, getting the 3x's rewards for grocery purchases, plus it gives me 20 cents off gas, which I then get 3xs rewards for. Can't wait to see this month's additions to my point total!

Sunshine Rewards is awesome! I have been a member since early 2006 and have just topped $4,000 in earnings. Unfortunately, it took me a year or so to get really serious on there, but I'm very addicted now!

The bulk of my earnings are from daily surveys. There are currently 6 daily surveys that can be taken to earn up to $4/ day which really adds up! Qualifying will depend on your demographics as well as persistence, but there is the potential to make $120 a month in just surveys!

The other way to earn on Sunshine Rewards is online shopping. There is a large list of merchants that you can shop through SR and it grows on a weekly basis. They often post coupons and increased cash back % for various merchants throughout the months. I typically am able to find a better deal on things and I don't have to drive anywhere.

If you join Sunshine Rewards, be sure to pop over and join their forums. There is a lot of information there and tons of people willing to help you earn! I have been there since pretty much the beginning and their customer service is top notch! I think the most popular cashouts are for Disney Gift cards and Paypal although there are a lot of other options as well.

On our last trip in May, I took enough in gift cards to pay for 2 annual passes and all of our food. Since probably April, I have earned another $550 that will go towards our October trip!!!:thumbsup2

I'll echo all of this! I joined in Sept, but didn't start really hitting it hard until this March. Boy! I wish I had been more serious back then! I set a 200.00 goal back in March. Then I had to up it b/c I hit it so soon! I am now closing in on 500.00 and that is with a family crisis back in June and major surgery last Friday (and all the prep before/after) and two weekend overnight trips away.
It's easy to do, if a little time consuming and it's all free. :dance3: I mean almost 500.00 free money. How can it get better???:love: I joined other survey/cashback sites but this is the only one I use. I love it! :love:

It really depends how much time you have to put into it. They have six surveys available daily. Also they do cash back on shopping - often with coupons and special promotions. There are also "freebie" offers where you are basically giving out your name and address in exchange for the chance you'll get $0.30 - 0.50.

I am the "wrong" demographic for surveys, so I do not get as many as others. I also work fulltime, so I don't have the time to try all six surveys a day. I manage to make about $100 in three months on average.

I really like the customer service. This is a smaller, family owned company - so if you don't get paid, they don't get paid. If you join, also join and read the forum for all the tricks of the trade. I'd be happy to answer any specific questions.

Another HUGE Sunshine Rewards fan here!!

I joined 2 1/2 years ago and am approaching the $2,000 mark in cash earned. My goal is to pay for our entire trip to DW next time with Sunshine Rewards Disney cards.

The bulk of my money has been earned doing surveys and some free offers. A small portion from shopping cash back sites that are listed on Sunshine Rewards. These are things I would have bought online anyway, the bonus is that I do it through a SR link and earn cash back for each purchase.

When I first joined it took me a couple of months to get the hang of things, but once I did it was very easy. The information and help I got from the Forum members was invaluable, so make sure to join the Forum if you sign up.

The customer service is outstanding at Sunshine Rewards, as well as offering an honest and ethical cash back site. Go ahead and join to see how much you'll love it too!

Our last trip was 3 years ago. Since then I have accumulated $2000 rewards $. That is an awful lot of credit card charges. I never use cash anymore. We will be using most of that for the end of month stay at the FW Cabins. For the first 4 nights before Disney we are using $648 Marriot $ earned through DH's travel stays. We also are using Hertz points for a week's rental car. The remaining rewards $ will be used for food-no FD for us. We have park tickets from years ago, but I decided to splurge and actually pay for YES tickets and save my old non-expiring tickets. One last item is a couple of restaurant.com certificates. Not bad, but I will be looking into Sunshine Rewards for next time. Oh, almost forgot, most of the airline tickets (4 people-DH paid to get more miles) were paid for with old Amex earned Delta $.

I think our upcoming December trip will have the most rewards paying for it.

I already have a $250 GC from sunshine, and am waiting on one to be mailed. I'm already at over $30, with a whole bunch of hubby's work trips coming up (I book his hotels through hotels.com clicking through sunshine...it's a double-win b/c they usually have the best rates and there's the sunshine rewards from it), and haven't even done surveys yet this month, and I only cashed out the second 250 a couple weeks ago.

Oh, and I just signed our two-night room-only stay over to a travel agency found through sunshine...that'll be nice too.

I have one $25 Landrys giftcard, and am HOPING to get another through mypoints. But I really only do the clickthrus over there. If I saw some shopping there that I needed and was NOT available through sunshine, I'd do it. Because I want that second Landrys card, LOL.

We have the Disney Debit card, and I have over $60 on that from this last 12 months.

But for our very first big Disneyland trip, the three of us got to upgrade to APs b/c of sunshine...that was absolutely wonderful!

Easy? Hmm....I do a lot of hotel booking online which is great, and I shop online too. I can only make time for 2 surveys per day, which cuts down on my earnings, but it's still nice to see the jump each business day from the surveys! You do have to read the forums, because LOTS of good info is in there. How to earn, how not to mess up, etc. As with all rewards sites, if you do it "wrong" you won't earn (and neither will they), and it can be very very frustrating, so start off doing things correctly and it will be better. :)

For our last year trip I believe we had over $900 we have 3 cards. Which are pd off each month. DH bought farm equipment and we spread out the down payments on the cards for 2 different months. We and our parents each bought a lawn mower, plus normal stuff. And last year we each got that offer 3 or 5X points for 3 months on all the cards. And my mom opened a new card and let us get the $100 rewards-sweet. So we started with the cruise deal-pay half the normal part down -using the rewards to pay for it-yet getting more rewards for putting on the card-also 6 months no interest to pay for it. Bought my sister who went with it her MVMCP ticket with DM $100 rewards. Paid for our tips for the cruise with our rewards. Bought DS a ticket for this coming up trip (his last as a child) with rewards. Paid for our dining plan with our rewards points. And paid most of our CM tips with rewards, we sent cash back to our CRT server through concierge-sister in her excitement eating there with only our children forgot to tip the server. Do not have a lot of rewards for this trip.

I signed up for the Disney Visa in 2007 and have accumulated about $1,700. But wouldn't you know this is the time we decide to stay off site. The rewards should cover our park tickets and food.

I am totally looking into that Sunshine Rewards! Sounds awesome!!!

I have for for hotel room with Mariott gift cards with quickrewards and mypoints that 200.00.

Mycokerewards.com two free tickets US

mypoints.com gas cards -50

quickreward.net resturant cards 100.00

All this little over a year.

I am about start on home improvement projects for the house. I am start using mypoints.com and quickreward.net for home depot and lowes to put gutters on the house.

I am love swagbucks for amazon gift cards. I have over 200.00 in amazon cards for my brand new smartphone that I just order.

I use simplegpt.com just do the daily clicks on there when I have time. When I have make alot emails that cut into my time. I am working two jobs right now and limit in my rewards programs

back in the hayday of rewards programs (around 1998-2000) i had over $2500 in reward cards in my sweaty little paws when we took our first trip to Disney. Ahhhhh, I miss those days!

this time around we have a couple $50 for t-rex...i only do mypoints and only as fun...i don't work it studiously anymore.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter