how many points?

mawe54180

Earning My Ears
We are going down in Jan. 4 adults & 2 children. WE have always stayed onsite in the past with only 4 people, but this time we were looking to stay off site.
Looked at townhomes, condos, houses, etc. Never considered renting someones DVC points and staying onsite. IS there anywhere I can find a list of what you can get for the points. I can stay in a townhome for anywhere from $800-$1200 and up for a week. What might an equivalent stay cost me in DVC points?
Thanks
Mark

We are going down in Jan. 4 adults & 2 children. WE have always stayed onsite in the past with only 4 people, but this time we were looking to stay off site.
Looked at townhomes, condos, houses, etc. Never considered renting someones DVC points and staying onsite. IS there anywhere I can find a list of what you can get for the points. I can stay in a townhome for anywhere from $800-$1200 and up for a week. What might an equivalent stay cost me in DVC points?
Thanks
Mark

You may get more responses to your questions if you post this on the DVC board.

Using the chart that Spicey provided, you would need at least a 2-bedroom unit. Old Key West requires the least amount of points and for 7 days in January, it is 218 points. If you rent points at $10, this is $2180 for the week. Staying offsite will be less expensive and the unit will be larger. You give up some features such as free parking at the theme park but if you have annual passes, the parking is free anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter