• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How many pins for first trip?

emsstacey

Mouseketeer
We are taking our 8 and 12 year old daughters to Disney this fall. It will be the first time staying multiple days and in a resort. I want to treat them with pins and lanyards when we leave so they will be ready when we get there. I also want to avoid paying full price. ;)

How many pins should I purchase? I found a lot from a trusted seller on ebay that is 77 pins and 3 lanyards for $79 + shipping. (which is high for shipping)

I'm not sure if that is going be more than they really need or not. If so, I found some lanyard starter sets that come with 8 pins on ebay for $18.50 with free shipping.

Which should I do? I don't want to buy the smaller sets if they are just going to want to purchase more pins in the park to trade at full price.

Thanks!

I normally order 20 pins for my kids before we leave for each trip . I find this a good amount for our 7 day trips !

We are taking our 8 and 12 year old daughters to Disney this fall. It will be the first time staying multiple days and in a resort. I want to treat them with pins and lanyards when we leave so they will be ready when we get there. I also want to avoid paying full price. ;)

How many pins should I purchase? I found a lot from a trusted seller on ebay that is 77 pins and 3 lanyards for $79 + shipping. (which is high for shipping)

I'm not sure if that is going be more than they really need or not. If so, I found some lanyard starter sets that come with 8 pins on ebay for $18.50 with free shipping.

Which should I do? I don't want to buy the smaller sets if they are just going to want to purchase more pins in the park to trade at full price.

Thanks!

It depends on how actively you are going to trade. If it will be a casual, every now and then type of thing, I'd say 3 or 4 per day would be plenty. If it's going to be a big part of your Disney experience, maybe increase it to 25-30 per day. I've heard of people going through 50 traders in a day, but pin trading was the main focus of their trip.

I'm sure you guys will have fun! I encourage you to read up on pin trading etiquette before you go, as well as learning about "scrappers". Hope you have a great trip.

I would go with the 77 pins and 3 lanyards. We can easily trade 20 pins per day, but we are pretty big on pin trading so keep that in mind. :)

Thanks everyone! I'm going to order the 77 pins and 3 lanyards set. I checked out the thread on reputable ebay sellers and the seller is on there. I'm actually going to share it with a friend and her daughter is going to get 1/3.

It sounds like that will start us off well and then if the girls find some special pins, we can purchase those there.

My husband and I went the first week in April. We love pin trading and we trade frequently. We had 5 days in the park and 2 nights we went to DTD. We loaded our lanyards with 8-10 a day and we ran out! We went to the outlet and fortunately we found some of the baby princess sets for 14.95. They had 7 pins in each so that ended up being about $2 a pin. The one thing I will say though is a lot of the CM lanyards we saw had the same pins on them over and over again.

I would go with the 77 pins just make sure you divide them up evenly cause that can easily turn into a fight. I know it did with my nieces. Also if you don't want to break the bank on pins while your there, my father has a rule of "I buy you each one pin per day. After that you pay for it with the money you got from your relatives." Which I always found to be a fair deal, ad the only way I could work him over for another is if I found a Frollo pin (cause he's my favorite character and you can't find him any where). Have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter