• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

how many people

I know in my first program, they told me that the total amount of cps were a little over 2500, and that was when Patterson was still being built. So, you can imagine how much they are hiring now that they have Patterson to fill. They did say, though, that the amount is different every semester. You also have to remember that they also hire ICPs and they also are allow to live at any of the complexes now instead of only The Commons.

I think its around 2500-3000 they tell you "6000" for some reason or thats the rumor thats always spread around but I think it because people assume of the about 60 thousand who work there 10% are CPs and CS. I think it's closer to 3000 though. Even that seems like a stretch to me.

Hmm. I wonder how many people APPLY each recruiting season. That would really put the approximate number of CPs into perspective...

I've heard that they'd allow 6,000...that is what they have room for. But they're never totally full. Which makes it seem sad that people are rejected from stupid things like the wb interview.. :headache:

I've heard that they'd allow 6,000...that is what they have room for. But they're never totally full. Which makes it seem sad that people are rejected from stupid things like the wb interview.. :headache:

What really makes it sad is if they have room and people are just denied at least the web interview is kind of a test. But when they pend people for 2 months then deny them but still have room available thats just terrible. (if thats how it happens)

I feel like no matter who you ask, you'll never get a really accurate answer, especially if they do have room for more CP CMs than they take. They wouldn't want to project that image because of what you said, that they will pend people for 2 months (and much longer) and then deny them. It's bad publicity to let people know that they do that, if they do it. So... they don't give a real answer.

housing is split between college program, all of the various international programs, and careerstart. they lose money if housing isn't filled. it is like empty airline seats. each unfilled seat on a flight is lost money. any unfilled spot in an apartment each week is lost money.

the notion of them leaving this unfilled is ridiculous although I do recall hearing about chatham square being closed not long after sept 11 because they reduced the number of people on all programs following that.

Info I received directly from Recruiting is that there is around 9000 on all of the programs each year. About 3500 Spring/Spring Advantage and 3500 Fall/Fall Advantage. Summer and Quarter programs are just backfill.

as far as total number of applicants, that would be between 15000 and 20000 each semester.

my info isn't really that old, but i haven't asked recruiting about it again that recently either. if you really want to know, ask them. they may not give you everything right off, but they may if you ask the right way or at least give you some.

^ It does seem like they would lose money by not filling housing but during my program housing wasn't full at all, we had about 5 or 6 people move in and out of one of our bedrooms in our apt and new of people with numerous empty spots in theirs. By the end of the program my supposedly 8 person apt was 5 people and this was with no terminations. Just people who moved out to other empty apartments.

I've seen empty beds as well. The apartment next to us was a three bedroom and only had four people living there. The two beds stayed empty the entire program. And one of my friends had a whole room to herself the whole program as well. It's sad that they have all these empty spots when they could had filled them with awesome people who wanted to do the program.

housing is split between college program, all of the various international programs, and careerstart. they lose money if housing isn't filled. it is like empty airline seats. each unfilled seat on a flight is lost money. any unfilled spot in an apartment each week is lost money.

the notion of them leaving this unfilled is ridiculous although I do recall hearing about chatham square being closed not long after sept 11 because they reduced the number of people on all programs following that.

Info I received directly from Recruiting is that there is around 9000 on all of the programs each year. About 3500 Spring/Spring Advantage and 3500 Fall/Fall Advantage. Summer and Quarter programs are just backfill.

as far as total number of applicants, that would be between 15000 and 20000 each semester.

my info isn't really that old, but i haven't asked recruiting about it again that recently either. if you really want to know, ask them. they may not give you everything right off, but they may if you ask the right way or at least give you some.

3500 def. sounds right compare to the ridiculous 6000 per program people try to spread around. Obviously someone was told 6000 per year and assumed per program.

I've seen empty beds as well. The apartment next to us was a three bedroom and only had four people living there. The two beds stayed empty the entire program. And one of my friends had a whole room to herself the whole program as well. It's sad that they have all these empty spots when they could had filled them with awesome people who wanted to do the program.

It really bums me out that they can't keep a 'wait list' of people to call down in case that happens. Schools can have some pretty rigid guidelines about semesters "abroad" or at Disney, so I can understand why most people wouldn't be able to come down mid-semester, but if the places are sitting empty, that's usable space and spots.

I get keeping a couple of apartments open in case of some emergency. My school did this to use as "quarantine" rooms for students who got sick with H1N1 and for emergencies like bedbugs or something, or if a student is feeling really unsafe in their room but has no place else to go, etc.

Rooms are probably left empty a lot of the time because of operational needs not being that high.

6000 is accurate.

Based on housing:

Vista houses 2400
Chatem houses 1800
Patterson houses 1800
Commons houses 1000

Total: 7,000

That includes ICP, CS, CP, and any people who extended. It used to include PIs, but I believe they are housed somewhere else now. There are also a handful of individuals that do not live in the housing that would need to be added in there.

6000 is accurate.

Based on housing:

Vista houses 2400
Chatem houses 1800
Patterson houses 1800
Commons houses 1000

Total: 7,000

That includes ICP, CS, CP, and any people who extended. It used to include PIs, but I believe they are housed somewhere else now. There are also a handful of individuals that do not live in the housing that would need to be added in there.

Wow Vista holds 2400?:scared1:

I can't argue with the numbers though. So I guess there are about 6-7000 CPs & CS participants.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter