• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How many people use the easywdw suggested parks?

QueenQueso

Mouseketeer
If many people are going by that, then does the suggested park end up being busier than the guide suggests it will be? Do you use it?

I'm sorry if that is confusing, but I've seen it reccomended all over these boards and was curious how many people will go by that.

No. There are only so many people who are even aware of his site. Plus, it's not like everyone on the DIS goes to Disney all at one time.

i honestly never use them.. i got to whatever park i want to go to that day and just not worry about it... but that being said i live an hour away and can go whenever i feel like it

If many people are going by that, then does the suggested park end up being busier than the guide suggests it will be? Do you use it?

I'm sorry if that is confusing, but I've seen it reccomended all over these boards and was curious how many people will go by that.

I read Josh's blog mainly for the snark and photography (in that order). I went to Epcot this past Saturday, when it was easywdw's Best Park, and it was really crowded. There were waits for The Seas and Journey Into Imagination at times!

I would've gone to Epcot regardless; I believe a touring plan is more important than choosing the "right park."

I used to think Josh's park recommendations were the be-all-end-all, until our trip this past October. After going to the first two parks he said were the best for those days and found them slammed, we tried the reverse. We went to DHS on a day he said to avoid (but that TP recommended), and the crowds there were very light the whole day. I do like to look at the pictures on his site though; he's a great photographer.

This would be true if the vast majority of all WDW guests were aware of these recommendations and then followed them. But I would hazard a guess that this is not the case.

We have used either easywdw.com or touringplans park recommendations for many years and have found them very helpful.

We used the crowd calendar at www.touringplans.com for our last 4 trips with great success. But I also think having a solid tourplan and getting there early are key to experiencing more attractions.

I always look at them. However, we tend to use EMH, and most of the crowd calendars recommend against going to the park with EMH, so that means I go to the not-recommended park. As others have said, having a good touring plan and properly setting expectations is most important, regardless which park you go to.

I think he's pretty solid and at least he gives explanations as to why he rates each park recommended or not. Plus he's freaking hilarious, if you've ever read his site.:lmao: I appreciate the time and thought he puts into his posts and calendars which is free, unlike those who shall remain nameless...cough, cough, touringplans, cough, cough, Tour Guide Mike...:rolleyes2

Also wanted to mention that while I have used touringplans in the past, I've often wondered how they expect me to enjoy my vacay when they recommend certain parks while leaving others completely out during a week I want to go. If I went by them, I'd hit Epcot like 20 times and never enter the MK.

If many people are going by that, then does the suggested park end up being busier than the guide suggests it will be?
:thumbsup2

Never used a touring guide, never will. Been going to the parks since LONG before they existed. Turly I think you hit a nail on the head. I've been shot down a number of times for saying this...but when I have experimented- i.e. made my own plans...then checked touring guides against my plans - I've discovered that many times the park they said to 'avoid' (due to crowds) was very uncrowded. I also say, there's simply no way to predict the weather, which has a huge impact on crowds. Untilwe get long term weather prediction down pat, good luck truely telling what the crowds are goiing to be 6 months from now.

But hey, somebody is making money off the idea.

I think lots of DIS folks like to think we are a tiny little community, once upon a time that was true. Now, I think most adults know how to do an internet search.

I like and write down the park recommendations from Josh's site. For me I like his logic about why a park will (or won't ) be busy

That said because we always have park hoppers (or APs same thing) we will sometimes choose to start the day in a 'non' recommended park (for example love morning EMH at AK and DHS) and then will park hop (around lunchtime ) to a recommended park

We use Josh's recommendations every time and have always found them to be accurate - his reasoning for the parks he chooses makes sense to us. Plus he cracks me up, which is always a bonus :)

Used his suggestions for yesterday and today. went to Magic Kingdom even though he recommended not to ( was listed as worst Park) and went epcot today ( he recommended it as the least crowded). we found both parks to be no difference in crowd level.

I pretty much just go to whatever park I want and use a solid touring plan of my own design and always get to do everything I want usually twice.

We have used touring plans easy WDW and tour guide Mike and honestly it's only a guide for us and not a set in stone plan. We have had better success with touring plans as a point of reference but we do EMH some too so that usually blows the plan out of water. The crowds are increasing even at slower times due to new FLE free dining and other factors so not sure any will be totally accurate most of the time. Factor in the mymagic+ changes coming and who really knows bc that has no part model to go by.

We went last Friday to the MK which was a 5 according to easyWDW. At 2:00 p.m., the place was packed and the lines were really long. I would have guessed it was an 8 day at that time. Little Mermaid was 80 minutes and Space Mountain was at least an hour. I can remember going to a park on a 5 day several years ago in May and it being very pleasant.

By 7:00 p.m. the crowds were great and most rides were 5-10 minutes. By 9:00 p.m. the place was deserted and walked on the Little Mermaid ride. Of course, the cool weather helped to send many home early or they didn't know the park hours were extended to 10:00. We rode lots of rides in the last 2-3 hours.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter