How many out there are on the January 25 2003 Eastern?

Welcome to all of you who had to switch yor trip.. On the bright side, it is always nice to get away when it is winter. Actually, here in NJ, it is COLD!!!
I know of a lot of people who go away this week and have problems. We went to Aruba one year and it rained 8 inches every day. We all go sooo sick. The water had no place to go so it was coming out of the ground floors toilets. NEVER AGAIN. We had a virus that lasted weeks.
Friends are in Captiva now and it is raining and cold! My parents were in the Caribbean a few years ago and had a hurricane devistate the island so there was no where to go.
Anyway, the end of Jan will be GREAT!
I found my lanyards in walmart over the weekend and we all got new bathing suits. All we need is a bigger rolling duffel & we'll be set!!
Carolyn

Woohoo! Weather forecast expects sleet. icy snowy weather here in SC midweek. What a great time to start planning what clothes to take on the cruise! I can't wait to meet everyone. Once again anyone with dd's 5-7 please have them email Sydney. She's a little leary of the kid's club adnd I think having some friends in advance may help.

By the way-I have some really cute captain mickey ornaments if anyone is interested. I bought too many thinking more friends would join us. I think I have 4 or 5 available.

Hi Laurie & Gary! Welcome to the Jan 25th cruisers!

I'm a Laurie too. Do you pronounce your name Lori or more like Law-ree. I'm the latter. DD Isabella will be in the group with your son- she'll be turning 3. Sounds like there will be a lot of boys in that group. Better tell the boys to watch out! Queen Isabella has a tendency to turn little boys into her loyal subjects.;)

Glad to hear that the 11/30 cruisers that got bumped have something to look forward to the end of January. Just think, if you hadn't been bumped, your cruise would be half over by now. Now you can look forward to the end of January.
To everyone that's worried about our cruise being cancelled, I'm sure that Disney will have the virus disinfected by then. I heard last night that Carnival's Fascination was hit this past week. You can't blame it on the cruise ships, it's the people that come on board sick that are causing all the problems. At least Disney is doing their best to clean things up.
Everyone that has kids ready to turn 3 or 13 that gets bumped will probably get age taken into consideration when rebooking under these circumstances. If we get canceled, we'll probably just spend that week in Disneyworld and then take advantage of 50% off a future cruise next year.

If we get bumped again, does that mean we can combine our 50% offs and go for free?!?!?! Yippee!!

:) :Pinkbounc :) :Pinkbounc :) :Pinkbounc :) :Pinkbounc :) :Pinkbounc

Hey CoachMinnie,
Where in Michigan are you? We're from Ann Arbor, though we currently reside in Indiana.:eek:

We have DD9 as well. Maybe they can get together. It seems like your 3 will all be in different groups. Bummer! See you in January!

Smiles!
tlgoblue

Thanks to Chrissy for her emails to DD Sydney! We really appreciate it! Now she has a friend she's looking forward to meeting. Others with dd's 5-7 please email her too @ monie516@aol.com. I think it will be nice for the kids to be able to have new friends they can look forward to meeting just like we do here on the board!

Hello all. My DH and I are looking forward to the upcoming cruise. We have a 3 year old DD (Claire) and was hoping to see if there were any other children her age who are going to be on the cruise. I thought it might help her to adjust if she new in advance someone who is going to be on the cruise with her.

Thanks,
Tracie

Monie516: Chrissy enjoyed writing to Sydney and was thrilled when she wrote back. I let her type it the first time but it took so long! The 2nd time she dictated and I typed.
She is looking forward to a response. Take your time. It makes it more exciting for her!!
How is the weather in the south? NJ is getting hit tomorrow w/snow. Anywhere from 2 to 6 inches!!!
Thinking of the caribbean is a great thing when it is this cold!

Originally posted by ElyseAnnLynn
We have a 3 year old DD (Claire) and was hoping to see if there were any other children her age who are going to be on the cruise. I thought it might help her to adjust if she new in advance someone who is going to be on the cruise with her.

Hi Tracie,

My daughter was four in September, and there are several other 3- 4 year olds going with us. She will have lots of company! :)

Howdy TLGOBLUE,

We live near Traverse City. Our friends that are going with us live in Royal Oak, though. A little bit closer to Ann Arbor. Our DD is also 9 and would love to exchange some e-mails with your DD in order to get aquainted before the cruise. Maybe even exchange a picture through snail mail. My girls are so excited about the cruise. We are used to our girls being in different groups. Thats what we get for spacing them out!!

Please let me know if your DD is interested in exchanging e-mails. It would be nice to have a buddy on the cruise!!

CoachMinnie

Hi all,

Been lurking on this thread for some time and finally decided to chime in.. DH and I will be traveling alone, our kids are grown and on their own now. We decided our 60th birthdays, were a good time to give Disney a try.

I am glad to see some of the 11/30 cruisers joining us. You all found a really great week to rebook(grin). I hope that we won't see any more sickness on our ship.

dvarallo - We are neighbors, I live in Sicklerville.

Nancy(4crusin) - If you are looking for gold jewelry, you should look in Phillipsburg. There are many jewelry shops on Front St and their prices are very good. We will be shoping for birthday presents, for each other while we are there.

Sue

Hi CoachMinnie!

DD is very interested in E-mailing your DD. She is, however, not using the computer for a week, but promised she will be happy to chat after that time. My DD will be a month away from being 10 in January. Of course she wants to jump to the 10-12 group. DH and I have been very hesitant to do this, so maybe having a friend in her group will take that all away. She didn't have anybody she connected with last year, and since DS is in 10-12, she (believe it or not, and he) were hoping to be together on this one. We'll see. PM me for address. I have to go grab a bite to eat. Catch you later.

Oh! Speaking of DS, Any DS12 out there? His request.

Smiles!
Tracy

:Pinkbounc :) :Pinkbounc :) :Pinkbounc :) :Pinkbounc :) :Pinkbounc :) :Pinkbounc :) :Pinkbounc

Hi Sue,

Thanks for the tip about jewelry shopping in Phillipsburg. Last night, my dh asked me what I wanted for my bday and I told him that I would like to get a bracelet while on the cruise. He said that I would probably do that anyway and it shouldn't be a bday gift. The way I look at it, the cruise is a big enough present.

The 4 of us, my dsis, dbil, dh and I are so excited about spending a week cruising and seeing some of the islands. We took the 3 day last year and loved it. Can't wait to spend a whole week on the Magic. Hope to meet you at the dis party.

Nancy

I have been lurking on this post for a while too. Me, DH & DS (3) are also on this cruise. Looking forward to meeting up with a family with another little boy for my son to play with!!! Snowing here in NJ and can't wait for the sun in surf in about a month and a half! :D

jakesmom:
We are from Convent Station (Morristown). Lived in Roseland up until 5 years ago. We're practically neighbors. We have DD6 and DD4. Seems as if there are a few boys it that range!
Enjoy your snow day! I have to wait for DD6 to get out of school, early dismissal today. Couldn't waste a day off since I'm taking her out for 5 and a half days. When are you leaving? We will take a 3:40 flight out on the 24th. Wanted to be safe in case we have weather like this.

Hi Nancy,

You have a really nice hubby(grin). If you don't find anything you want in Phillipsburg(not likely), there is also good shoping in St Thomas. Good prices also, but IMO not as good as Phillipsbury.

We started planing this cruise, as a birthday present for me, you have to do something special for a big birthday. Then DH, whos birthday is three months after me said, well what about me. We compromised and picked a date half way between both birthdays.

(quote) Can't wait to spend a whole week on the Magic. Hope to meet you at the dis party.(end quote)

Hope to meet you also and all the others.

Sue

:D I'm so excited to see all the new people on our cruise. I havnt had much time spend on the boards, I just check in every now and then. Its great to see this thread always towards the top! I am as excited about Christmas as I am the cruise, I FINALLY get the let my kids in on the secret;) It is a Christmas present!

hello again everyone! I am getting so excited! i have some questions for you. are there many teens out there going? do the teens plan on doing the teen excursions? my son is 15 and he is not sure what he wants to do. I am also so happy to see a few 9 year old girls, i am sure if my daughter meets them then she would love to spend time in the club. that is at least mine and Dh hopes so we can have some fun with the grownups. how many people are waiting to decide on excursions and just play it by ear?is that a stupid idea incase things fill up? i thought we may just get off the ship and look around and see what looks fun.any thoughts? also i am trying to talk my best friend and her DH and DD14 into going but her DH isnt really interested. he is a golf addict and i told him there was probably a super golf course on one of the islands. can anyone give me suggestions on other lures to use on him?
Thanks, melissa

Hi everyone!
I just got back to work and read our thread fron the begining....boy my head is spinning!

Hey Nancy-4cruisin-
Where are you guys from? We live on the North Shore (Topsfield)

You guys were right...I would be on a plane today and my vacation would be over...now I have something to look forward to....not pack for because my bags are all packed....but look forward to!!! LOL

Laurie-Boo-
We say our names the right way!!!! HAHA ! Matthew has a habit of saying"your highness" so he and Isabella will get along great!

Carolyn-Piglet-
We are staying at the Radisson Fri also, I have it booked for Thurs too but I'll see how it goes closer to travel time.
We will have to get the kids to meet Fri so they will see a friendly face when the go to the club!

Have a great weekend everyone! I am having Thanksgiving Sunday because we were away.....boy I thought I lucked out.
What a fool I am!!!

PS....I drove Johnny crazy all week....today we would be in St Maarten....St Thomas...ect. I will tell you one thing...It sure does look like I have been on a cruise all week....I ate my way thru my cruise cancel depression......

MY BUTT IS HUGE!!!!

Laurie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter