How many of you have second jobs?

I've worked a second job for as long as I can remember:faint:I work p/t at Penney's in the jewelry dept. I make decent $$ because I've been there for 15 years. It does get tiring working 7 days a week, but I'm not ready to give up my WDw trips :)

I teach nursery school 5 days a week and work in the bakery at a local supermarket here one night a week and all day Sunday. I can have more hours if I want at the supermarket but that job is just for my trips so I just work what I need to. I also have worked there 15 years and make pretty good $$$ especially on Sunday time and a half.:goodvibes

I work full time and also have a part time job at Hastings (small company of 155 stores in small to mid size markets. We sell and rent videos, sell music, books, trends, etc) and have been there 8 years. I've done almost everything there, but now I do strictly magazines and pretty well come and go as I please, working about 8 hours a week. I also do ebaying in a small way, and have done that for 12 years. For the most part my 'extra' money goes to vacations.

Well I actually have 3 jobs at the moment. 1 full time and 2 part time. The first is 40 hours per week office job which I really enjoy. The second is managing a storage warehouse and am in charge of all billings and auctions. The final is every saturday from 7-12 we sell eggs and fresh chicken from our home. We normally sell about 20-30 dozen eggs and on fresh chicken days we sell about 50-65 whole birds.

I am planning on returning to school in the fall - just one class and going with online to skip the 45 minute drive one way. I wanted to get as much stuff paid off as I could and pay for student fees in cash.

I work 3 jobs currently. 2 full time, and 1 part time. My full time job is 40 hours at a office job, and my second is 35-40 hours at Olive Garden. Then I work about 10 hours at a arcade here in town. I work all the time, but I am about to start nursing school so every little bit help i guess. I will be leaving my office job August 14 :guilty:

I work in my kid's school cafe and I also babysit after school.
I also have 2 stores which I do merchandising work for. I used to do mystery shopping for 7 years but the pay went down so much it is not worth it anymore.

I work full time as a Nurse Assistant in a group home and on the side I do photography, taxes during tax season, make & sell jewlery on Ebay (although sales have been really slacking there these days) and ChaCha!

I am a nurse. I work full time in an allergy/rheumatology office. I also work per diem at a nursing home on the weekends when my DD5 visits her dad. Just a few weekends of extra work paid for our next trip to the World!! :thumbsup2

I'm a student, so I work part-time, but I'm also a Jewelry Designer, so I do that part-time, too. :lmao:

I am thinking about getting one to pay off credit debt.

YEP! I work 7 days a week.

5 days a week I work in an office (M-F)
2 days a week I work as a private flute and clarinet teacher (S,S)

It's very tiring.... working 7 days a week... but if I didn't, I wouldn't make the amount of money that I'm 'worth'. I have a college degree, and I'm making less (at the same college that I graduated from... ironic) than it cost me per year to GO to school. Makes me sick.

I've had my 2nd job for a little over a year now. I originally got it to help pay off my debt and to save for our next Disney vacation. But, hubby was laid off from his fulltime job back at the end of the year, so it's been more about saving so we have a cushion in case he doesn't find something before his unemployment runs out.

And I was promoted back in November and received the last pay increase at my part-time job. (No pay raises for 2009 at all.) They are great with my schedule. I usually work two nights a week 6-9:30, and then weekends - sometimes both days, but mostly one or the other. And I always have Friday nights off.

I work full time as a Nurse Assistant in a group home and on the side I do photography, taxes during tax season, make & sell jewlery on Ebay (although sales have been really slacking there these days) and ChaCha!

Have you tried Etsy for your jewelry? Much more in line with cottage industries than Ebay imo.

I work full-time and then I score essays from home for Pearson. The second job pays pretty well but there is a limited time frame. It is fun and I have enjoyed doing it.

Two people now have mentioned scoring essays for Pearson.What is this, and can you give any more info? I have a background in journalism and English, so this sounds like it might be right up my alley (although I already have two part-time jobs...).

Erin

Never mind, I found it through Google -- looks interesting!

I have one year left in nursing school, so my time is limited, but I have the whole summer free and I'm trying to think of a good summer job that would be flexible. There are some great ideas here! :)

I am self employed , but also sell stuff on eBay. I usually make somewhere from $400 to $1000 month on eBay. This last month was good and I made a little over $900. I consider eBay like a second job , because it does take some time and it has taken quite some time to find my niche.

Nope. I did do some mystery shopping and may start doing that again but honestly most of the jobs don't pay much. :confused3
I would LOVE to get a merchandising job but have not found one yet.
I make some money reading emails and doing reviews online of products.

Other than that I focus on coupons and sales to make my dollars stretch...ie I generally don't pay more than 50 cents for a box of name brand cereal and get all my toothpaste, shampoo and soap free. I make my own laundry detergent and have started washing dishes by hand to save electricity...etc. :thumbsup2

Right now, I would be happy to find a job at all. :sad2:

tell me about it Disney....

This area is rough...

any openings (half decent anyway) have like 300-400 applications for one job....

so much for that stupid 1-5 ratio the goverment is quoting...

Last year I worked 2 jobs. Monday to Friday in a warehouse and weekends packing friut and nuts for supermarkets in the build up to Christmas. I was glad when Monday rolled around again, so I could have a rest.

It helped to pay for last years holiday, so it was worth it. Will I do it again? No chance, if I decide we need extra income I'll look for something easier like being a lumberjack.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter