How many of you buy clothes for the kids but won't let them wear them until Disney?

Ok, ok...I admit it! You've discovered my stash of new outfits, socks and underwear for our Disney August WDW trip. My kids MUST have new things for our vacation! Is there a name for this condition :crazy: :crazy2: :sick: ...we must ALL seek medical attention!!

I'm so glad I'm not alone :rotfl2:
I have most of my girls outfits planned out, and waiting to be worn for our trip in Sept.!

We do need a name for this illness! My dh has it too, but worse than me. HE has new underwear and everthing packed, and it's only July :rotfl:

GUILTY!!! :cool1:

I buy myself clothes and hoard them until vacation. My dh remembers me buying stuff, and says he never sees me wearing them. :rotfl:

I also buy for the kids and they put them away until vacation themselves. I guess it's an inherent gene and I'm so proud that I passed it on. :banana:

WAIT!!!! DOES THIS INCLUDE TSHIRTS BOUGHT ON VACATION? I USUALLY PACK THEM AWAY UNTIL THE NEXT VACATION. I AM NOT COMPULSIVE OR NEUROTIC, THAT WOULD BE CRAZY. :crazy: IS THERE A NAME FOR THIS? I don't care, I don't want to be cured. :dance3:

DW does the clothes buying. I just nod. :laundy:

We don't do much hording, since we're going in September and, in July, we spend a week at a Unitarian Universalist retreat :yay: (absolutely nothing like it in the world). Therefore, any shorts, shoes or underwear get broken in then.

However, t-shirts are a different matter. :bounce: :bounce: Last year, DW got us all Mickey Mouse Club shirts (with our names!), which we're considering wearing as costumes, with ears, for MNSSHP. (That's the adults. DD6 will no doubt be fully costumed.) This year, she's already purchased WDWToday shirts, as well as Scopa Towers shirts. (Don't get it? Then listen to their excellent podcasts at www.wdwtoday.com.) Since it's only July, who knows what she'll be buying before the trip? And we don't get to wear them until the last week in September. :sad1:

We leave tomorrow morning (YAY!!! :goodvibes ). Our suitcases are full of NEW clothes! MINE & DH's too!! That's part of the fun!!

Enjoy!

Lives4Disney :sunny:

We go twice a year and my children are so lucy they have new cloths both times. They have wonderful family on both sides so I just pack away some clean things and they get to wear them when we get back. Not always does it work for the shorts but my guys wear t-shirts all year round. We live in NE so they don't usually get as much use out of the shorts but they take PE and wear them inside the house year round.

In our heart of hearts we are true Floridians or we think so with owning a home down there. LOL My daughter has been in 1 wedding and will be in my dbil's this Sept. a couple of weeks before we go so we take the dress up cloths and the wedding dresses and she thinks she is a real princess. We will have to break it to her one day we are not royalty but for now she is sparkly, shiney Fiona pricess. Mind you her name is not even Fiona? Go figure where she gets this stuff from?

I was just at the Disney Store this weekend and got the kids t-shirts and other items for our trip in December. No one even knows about my stash, this year it even includes lots of Christmas decorations since we will be there over Christmas!!

I am so glad I finally found a "support group" for this. :wave:

New undies, new socks, and new clothes for the kids. A couple of matching outfits for the three of them. I really made out at the sale at Disney Store this weekend. Even got them new beach towels for $3.99. I have a few new tops and shorts for myself, some new undies and socks and pjs too. As for DH... I did buy him some new things but if he has it he wears it... he doesn't wait.

I thought I was being so sly about my hoarding until over the weekend I started packing the swim stuff and I asked my DH to get my DD's Tinkerbelle bathing suit out of her closet (a birthday pressie she got in March, tags sill on it) and he carried in a BUNCH of clothes and said "these all still had tags on so I figured they were for vacation". BUSTED!!! :blush:

Of course with all my buying and hoarding... now that I pull stuff out I see we have WAY too many clothes for 8 days. Good thing we are going back in October!

Oh definately. I bought a few new outfits on our last trip in 05. Our next trip is November 1, 07. But i've already been thinking about new clothes , especially new sneakers and sandals. 2 of my daughters' birthdays are in June, so we will be asking for new clothes for Disney.

jennifer293 said:
I am sooooooooo GUILTY of doing this... :rotfl2:

Just a note to a fellow clothes hoarder - we'll be at Disney July 12-23 and Universal July 23-27. I see you'll be there that time too. Maybe we'll run into each other. Just look for the kids wearing the new clothes, the mom with the lime green mickey heads and lime green ribbons hanging from the stroller, and the frazzled looking father!

5 Disney Fans said:
I am so glad I finally found a "support group" for this. :wave:

Of course with all my buying and hoarding... now that I pull stuff out I see we have WAY too many clothes for 8 days. Good thing we are going back in October!
:rotfl2:

I love it. I'm not sure any more if I buy clothes to go on vacation, or if I go on vacation because I buy so many clothes. I am so happy to see others in the same boat. :boat:

Wow. This is a very interesting thread.

Just curious, how old are the kids? Mine stopped letting me pick their clothes when they were - oh, about - 2nd grade. Now my only say is t-shirt v. collar, gym shorts v jeans shorts v. khaki shorts, etc.

I do miss those days of dressing the kids. Much simpler. Alas, I doubt we could have afforded to "save" new clothes until vacation.

Mine are 5, 7 and 8 and I still pick out their clothes and tell them what they're going to wear. I'll let them help me when I'm shopping online and ask which of several things they like better but I still do the picking out and the buying!

Kelnottatt I have 2 DDs. DD10 will not let me pick her clothes unless they are Limted 2, Holster, or Abercrombie (I blame no one but myself, I have created a picky princess. but you see DD10 never liked to wear pretty things she only wanted comfort :confused3 :you mean that mickey dress w/ ears and gloves are not comfortable?.). DD6 is my puppet I can still dress her in pretty dresses and hair ribbons. and as long as she gets attention she's comfortable. I use to be able to dress them in the same outfits, they loved it. Or was that me who loved it? :cloud9: But now DD10 is to embaressed to wear what her little sis is wearing so i try to get them to wear the same color. This will only work if DD10 is in a good mood.
I'm able to afford to shop because I only by sales and clearence, unless it's a must have. It's amazing what I can buy w/ $20.

I have a 14DD,11DS and 8DD. I pick all their clothes for Disney. DD14 and I have to mutually agree on anything she wears. The other 2 have some say but I lead them in the direction I want them to go. They don't complain about it. If they see something they like and I approve they can get it. When we go to Disney we all wear Disney t's so it's not that big of a deal. I have already bought their shorts, socks and underwear all safely tucked away in their suitcases along with last years Disney T's.

I guess I'm in the club too!! I'm glad to see this post! I'm not alone!!
Kimba

LOL Just this morning, I put all of DG's (18 months old) new clothes in a suitcase.........ready for her trip in 2007!!! :thumbsup2

I have a drawer full of Disney clothes for our trip. Most of it is for my DD but I have 2 shirts, DS has 2 shirts and even DH has a Mr Incredible shirt! I also put aside a white pair of shorts for my DD because there is no way they will be wearable if I don't. I have a cute Hawaiian outfit for her and a Hawaiian shirt for my DS. Oh and a Tinkerbell dress came today and I just need to find a Cinderella dress for my DD too. I also have a drawer of goodies for their welcome bags I'm going to make. So far I have Disney fans and a plush Dalmation for each of them.I'm going to get candy for the bag too but I don't know what else to put in it.Guess I'll have to keep shopping.

OMG, I thought I was the only one doing this ha! My mom sows a lot and she makes these gorgeous Disney clothes that I keep for the vacations... People ask me where I got that dress or the wonderful shirt... I keep nice and clean for the trip and then they can put them on as often as they like ha! :rotfl: She is now coming up with some dresses and outfit for my Daughter that will be celebrating her birthday at Disney in January... daughter will be 7 and son is 10... So my daughter gets the princesses dresses with matching hats and purses, cute disney capri with matching tops etc... and my son gets Cars printed shirts and nightmare before Xmas shirts (a little older designs for him) but I love it... I might get something special too... why not!!! :crazy:

We mix new shirts with already owned shorts. All of it is of course purchased on clearence, I was so happy to find all the shirts at the disneystore for 4.99 I bought them each 3 or 4 new shirts plus got hubby some, it was really good as My daughters no longer fit in the kids Disney T-shirts, so finding adult shirts for those prices was unbelieveable. I also have 2 boxes on top of my dresser fillled with glow sticks, fans , laundry detergent etc..... I can't wait for our trip in September............glad to know I am not the only one ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter