• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How many of you are as nutty as me?

Principessa Alba

DIS Veteran
You know how misery loves company? I think nuttiness does too, because I am wondering if I am the only one who

a) only goes to WDW when they go to Orlando and

b) only stays onsite, not even staying at the Swan and Dolphin anymore.

As time goes on, for you who go often, do you find yourself more or less likely to branch out and try non WDW resorts or non WDW parks and attractions.

Sorry, can't say I've ever done either of those (simply because I can't afford it, especially number 2) but I will add to the nuttiness...

Everytime I walk by a character, I have to stop and wait in line to get a picture. Whether it's big characters like Stitch, Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, or smaller characters like Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dumb, Gipetto, and Smee, I am wiling to push aside the rides and attractions to get a picture. Personally, I love it when parents see me standing there with no children next to me. In fact, i've had people tell me it's great to see someone who's not embarrassed to have a little fun with the Disney experience.

As a family, we've only stayed onsite, and we only go to WDW. Well, once my mom talked us into a day at SeaWorld, but I felt odd being off WDW property, LOL!

Now that Universal is getting the Harry Potter franchise for its theme park, we'll have to venture off property. We'd probabaly spend a night at Universal too. The shock of it!

I have never stepped foot in Florida that it wasn't for a WDW trip. As a child we stayed of site and did other parks but as an adult it is always on site. This will be the first trip as an adult that I will going of property for an event. My dd wanted to do the pirate dinner in Orlando. Once HP comes to town we will be doing a US trip for my dd's graduation the summer of 2009 if it is open at that time. If HP isn't there it is back to WDW with a 3 day cruise added as a special treat for dd's graduation. Either way she thinks we are going to the Grand Canyon as I told her it is beautiful and she needs to see it at least once. As a WDW freak she is quite mad at me about this.

There are other things in Orlando besides Disney World! :rotfl2: We always stay in the bubble of WDW on site the entire time. Call me nutty too.

We're pretty big Disney snobs! We'll only stay onsite and only in a Deluxe resort (of course I have a family of 5 so we're pretty limited anyway in resort selection).

However, we do stray off one day during our vacation - we've had fabulous times over at Sea World and Busch Gardens. And we have also stayed over at The Dark Side when we toured IOA/USF just because we wanted front of line access to the attractions. I'll say the Hard Rock Hotel is amazing!

I HATE Florida. I HATE FLORIDA!!!! I hate everything about it, it's too hot, it's too everything I just dont LIKE! I HATE IT!!! (I lived there for a year) HOWEVER....

In my eyes, Florida isnt DISNEY and DISNEY aint Florida!!!!

People will ask - when you going to Florida? I answer - Im going to DISNEY WORLD in (today its 41 days!!! YAY!!!)

I dont go on vacation anywhere else - ever. :confused3 :rotfl:

Sorry, can't say I've ever done either of those (simply because I can't afford it, especially number 2) but I will add to the nuttiness...

Everytime I walk by a character, I have to stop and wait in line to get a picture. Whether it's big characters like Stitch, Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, or smaller characters like Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dumb, Gipetto, and Smee, I am wiling to push aside the rides and attractions to get a picture. Personally, I love it when parents see me standing there with no children next to me. In fact, i've had people tell me it's great to see someone who's not embarrassed to have a little fun with the Disney experience.

You are not alone with this. My wife and I are the same way with characters. We take so many character photos it's crazy but a lot of fun. We could care less about what others think as we are there to have fun and let the kid inside loose. We probably took a 100 character pics back during our May vacation. :cool1: Plus we'll get on the rides and see all the attractions. No rush.

You know how misery loves company? I think nuttiness does too, because I am wondering if I am the only one who

a) only goes to WDW when they go to Orlando and

b) only stays onsite, not even staying at the Swan and Dolphin anymore.

As time goes on, for you who go often, do you find yourself more or less likely to branch out and try non WDW resorts or non WDW parks and attractions.

a) we have only gone to WDW when we go to Florida

b) We only stay onsite. Period. We don't want to deal with offsite and drving to and from the parks.

Call us crazy, but it works for us.

Hi we're nutty club members too. Stayed offsite the first time but that was my parents decision not mine since I've been as an adult only onsite. Once the then Dh and I tried to go to Florida and not go to WDW just hang out at the beach for 2 weeks well by day 5 we looked at each other and said what are we doin....and within 4 hrs we were "home' at Ft Wilderness and we never made that mistake again!!! Once Harry Potter moves in though I guess we'll have to figure out where that other place is. I could care less but dd is a big fan

When we started going to Florida, it was supposedly to see DHs family. As our DKs got older, it was to go to WDW only. About 2001, we went at Christmas time with 2 other families and they wanted to go to that "other" park. We had a miserable time. We kept saying things like, "they don't do it this way at Disney", and "this isn't as good as Disney"! That was the last time that we ventured off-property! We are here to stay!!!:cool1:

My DH has a business associate that lives in the Jacksonville area and is always telling us to come stay with them when we are in Florida.

Anyone want to help me think of excuses for why I can't so I don't have to come right out and say I'm not giving up my WDW to do it? :rotfl:

We will only stay onsite now. We did stay offsite the first time and at SOG the second time, but will only stay onsite now.

We do do other things though, but we do go for 2 weeks. This year we did Sea World and the beach. We always do the beach for 1 or 2 days. Last year we did a Hot Air balloon ride and 2 trips to the beach, the year before that we did the Space Shuttle launch, Busch Gardens Tampa and 2 days at the beach (one was the same day as the space shuttle launch). We have also done the Universal thing for 3 days during one trip.

onsite in disney's bubble for us. Over the years we have tried other theme parks in other states, but we find ourselves saying "Disney would NEVER do that" or "Disney is so much better!"

So, we have returned to our favorite place on earth. We even took a non disney cruise. While walking around the ship we would say, "that would NEVER happen on a Disney ship!"

So, I guess I am not officially a disney snob!!:cloud9:

My husband will not tell anyone we are going to Florida - We are going to Disney World. We just have to fly in and out of Orlando to get there.

As a family, we've only stayed onsite, and we only go to WDW. Well, once my mom talked us into a day at SeaWorld, but I felt odd being off WDW property, LOL!

Now that Universal is getting the Harry Potter franchise for its theme park, we'll have to venture off property. We'd probabaly spend a night at Universal too. The shock of it!

We used to stay offsite, but found the conveince of on-site too amazing.... and i hate universal, they bash disney too much, not ok!! so yes, we are strictly a wdw, on site family.... as ridiculous as it is! granted, our disney trips once a year are the only vacations we go on! (and thats fine with me!!)

But I will be going to the Harry Potter theme park at universal, even though im not a universal fan....

You can count me in with the nutty crowd too.

1) Ever since I was a little girl, whenever we went to Florida, even if it was other than Orlando, we would always go to Disney for at least one day. That carried on over to when I was married too. Except that this past June my DH wanted to teach our two little princess: princess: that there was more to Florida than Disney :confused:. So we decided to stay at POR for 3 nights and do other things than parks like rent a pontoon boat, tour the different resorts, shop, play mini golf, etc. After that stay, we stayed in our condo for a week and that is when we went to Epcot, US/IOA and the beach, my ILs were meeting up with us then and wanted to take in those sites with us. Let me tell you, we were not impressed with US/IOA at all, it has been a long time for both my DH and I since we went there, so we thought it would be kind of fun. We really hated their fastpass system and how you had to pay extra, over the amount of your ticket, just to get front of the line perks, plus the people there were so rude and obnoxious. My Dh and I decided that for now on it will strictly be Disney and only Disney, with maybe a day at a Beach somewhere.

2) As for staying on property, since we have a condo we usually stay there with an additional stay at one Disney resort, for a couple of days, just so I can get that Disney feel that I so love. However, we were so disappointed with our condo this past time that we kept comparing the service and grounds to the service and grounds on Disney. With that, we decided when we go back in 3 years, we will do it the right way and purchase a MYW package with dining plan and use my Disney Visa Card to pay for it so I can pay it off within 6 months with 0% interest. I think for now on, we are going to use our condo to just trade out to different destinations and just stay onsite whenever we go to Disney.

My 1st WDW trip was in 2003 with my DSis. We stayed offsite. Last year DH and I went (his 1st time) and we stayed at the BC (part of the land/sea vacation package). What a difference!! Everything was so much easier. We had such a wonderful time that we bought into DVC at SSR and just last week added on points at AKV. Looks like we'll be staying onsite from here on out!! :goodvibes As such a big Disney fan, I can't imagine visiting any other place, but you never know!

I'm a nut too! People think I'm crazy to stay on property when I only live 20 minutes away. But it's about the whole experience. Sure, I can go to the theme parks any time I want, and sometimes do go for a few hours on my day off. But that just doesn't feel the same as staying in one of the resorts and getting away from it all. With fuel prices being what they are, I'm thankful that my favorite vacation destination is literally right in the back yard.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter