How many of us are from WA state??

We are from Kingston, WA.
North of Seattle and then West across the Puget Sound.
We have the best of both worlds....
rural living within an hour of downtown Seattle by ferry.
We worked for 20+ years in Poulsbo.
We now work from home.

We are off to Disneyland on the 24th.
Just wondering if you would be willing to drop a postcard in the mail when you get to Disneyland. We are going in December, and I know my boys would love a personal invite from Mickey. I saw this done for DisneyWorld but not for Disneyland. I would be willing to post a few cards to the next family when I am there in December. Thanks

We live in Anacortes and LOVE IT!!! Dh is in the Navy and this is our second time being stationed in the area, first time around we lived in Mt. Vernon. Love Anacortes so much we are planning on retiring here. :woohoo:

We live in Anacortes and LOVE IT!!! Dh is in the Navy and this is our second time being stationed in the area, first time around we lived in Mt. Vernon. Love Anacortes so much we are planning on retiring here. :woohoo:

We are also retired Navy; it's what brought us to Oak Harbor. We lived here twice, having spent three years in between in Hawaii. We've been blessed with beautiful locales.:cool1:

We also have been going to WDW the past few years; it's actually cheaper in some respects than DL. This year we're going to DL on request of DD, who is going w/us for the first time in a decade. We'll be there Dec 5-9.

I enjoyed reading this thread. It felt like college, when I ran into someone I didn't even know from my high school, but suddenly, in this big, scary place, the person was my best friend!! :lmao:

I live in Bonney Lake, and teach in Federal Way. I get to go to Disneyland on Wednesday night for a few days, and can NOT wait!!

Since I LOVE to travel, I have been to many of your fair cities. I really enjoy visiting many of them, but particularly Spokane (love the downtown area - you can walk anywhere!) and Port Townsend (what a charming community!)

Anyways, it was nice "meeting" all you Washingtonians!!

Another one from WA. :wave2:
I grew up in Puyallup and now live just south of there, in Graham. Love it here (but hate the traffic!)
We're planning our 2nd trip as a family to Disneyland for April 08. Cannot wait to go back!

Hi Meriweather, I live in Arlington too! Pretty neat to see another person on here from our town since it is not that big.:)

:wave: That is amazing to see someone else from Arlington ::yes::

We're out in Eastern Washington in Pullman (just over an hour south of Spokane). Since moving to Wa from Ca we always fly to DL or WDW. PDX is usually the way we go due to cost rather than Spokane.

To a few previous posters...I'm at WSU finishing my Masters in Teaching

DD did her undergraduate studies at Pullman. It is a great campus.
She is now going to WSU/Spokane for her Masters in Teaching :)
One more week or commuting to Pullman for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by calypso*a*go-go
Vancouver, WA

Hi fellow Vancouverite.

Oh and I work in Portland, Oregon

We drive-DD14 and DD16 refuse to fly again. !st trip the plane lost cabin pressure, lost altitude to compensate, slipped and slid back and forth and we made an emergency landing in SF.. this was a few years back.

They will not get on a plane no matter what so we make the drive. It is a family vacation.

Jack

Greetings from Sunnyside, WA!!

Annual trip to DLand coming up in .....8 months (right after DD graduates, and before heading to Pullman). Husband is a WSU alum (I know, his one fatal flaw) and I am a UW alum (Go Dawgs!). Oh well, other DD hopes to go to the U. We're really a 50/50 family!

First time visitor.....We are driving to Seattle, from north of Bellingham, on Dec 3rd. DH and I, my folks and DS13, DD10 and DS7. Will go to HD and get our green Mickey's Anyone else going Dec 3rd to 10th?

Any advice on getting to our hotel from LAX for 7 people?

:dance3: :grouphug:

Washington native here - grew up in Edmonds and now live in Everett. Boy do I wish airfare would go down so I could work out another trip to Disneyland -- I miss it!

First time visitor.....We are driving to Seattle, from north of Bellingham, on Dec 3rd. DH and I, my folks and DS13, DD10 and DS7. Will go to HD and get our green Mickey's Anyone else going Dec 3rd to 10th?

We booked an exclusive van for 8 at Shuttle Express from John Wayne airport. It cost $67.00 (one way) but SNA is closer to DL than LAX.

The exclusive van we booked from our house to Sea-Tac was $99.00 (one way) so I would guess that it would be about the same from LAX to DL.

I like using airport shuttles. Maybe it's because we always travel in herds and need to reserve a private van to fit us all in. :rotfl2:

I am also in Whatcom County! On our first trip in 91 we flew into LAX. We just took the shuttle. I don't even remember what one, but it was a huge bus all painted with DL murals. It comes to the airport once an hour and you don't need a reservation. At least that is how it was 6 years ago.

Does anyone fly into Long Beach? That is what we have done the last two trips and we love it. Very small and easy airport. :)

Last week I was a resident of the Disneyland Hotel, but this week we are back to reality. {sigh}

I must live near victorandbellasmom and KirklandTutu, and perhaps the Bothellites. :goodvibes

Grew up in Kent, though if one were a snob about it, it was on West Hill so I attended Federal Way schools. :snooty:

DH grew up in Eastern Washington, and we met in college (Go Wildcats!) I loved the simple, small-town life of Ellensburg, and experienced real seasons for the first time in my life! :love:

To be honest, I hate the gray skies and rain, rain, rain. But I love living close to family, the beautiful scenery and outdoor activities of the area. The Anacortes waterfront park has got to be one of the most beautiful places on the planet! Ocean Shores calls to us every summer. We love to drive to Leavenworth in the fall, simply gorgeous!

Does anyone fly into Long Beach? That is what we have done the last two trips and we love it. Very small and easy airport. :)
We flew into/out of Long Beach last week. It is very small, and I can see how it would be nice when things go well. But we were dealing with a vomiting 3yo on the way in, and cranky and squabbling aiport personnel on the way back, so it doesn't hold good memories. :headache:

Last year we flew into/out of SNA (aka John Wayne, Santa Ana) and had a very smooth, more professional feel to that trip. If we have a choice I think we'll do SNA on our next trip.

Woodland here. On I-5, 20 miles north of Portland, OR. I was born near Disneyland but moved here when I was 5. Love it here, well except for November & February!:thumbsup2

Hey there! I live in Ariel but my boys go to Woodland schools! Who'd a thunk?!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter