How many nights on Mackinac Island?

jodifla

WDW lover since 1972
Would 2 nights be enough, or do we need 3? We are planning to stay at the Grand Hotel for our 25th wedding anniversary.

I am from Michigan, have never stayed the night on the island but unless you were renting a house I'd say two night are enough time to be on the island. It's not that big. After you have rode bikes around the island ate fudge and looked at the fort there isn't much else to do.

I have made reservations for two nights on the Island this summer after three nights in St Ignace. We are planning to use St Ignace as a base while we tour the UP.

Would 2 nights be enough, or do we need 3? We are planning to stay at the Grand Hotel for our 25th wedding anniversary.

I am SO JEALOUS!;)

The island is not that big as everyone here says however I just love the island. 2 nights is fine unless you just want to hang and chill.

I have been a few times without my dh. I need to get him to go!!! He loves to bike and I know he would enjoy it there. It is just peaceful and relaxing to me.

No need to even plan! Enjoy!:goodvibes

Depends on what you are planning to do, but if you could swing it, I would go for 3. The island is not all that big, and can be covered in 1 day. But I hear that the Grand Hotel grounds are amazing! My parents stayed there this past fall and my mom said she could have spent a whole day walking the grounds of the hotel. Have fun!!

Whatever you can afford. We loved the Grand Hotel. The food is amazing. So is the service.

LOVED my one visit to Mackinac!
Just one full day...

For a visit to the island, honestly, a couple of days might be enough for me.

But, for a nice Anniversary visit, I would bump it up for three nights.

(The mackinac fudge there is DIVINE!!!!)

I would stay for 3, 4 if you can. We vacation there every year in July or August and never get tired of it. Lazy afternoons on the porch at the Grand are absolute heaven and I highly recommend it. Browsing the stores downtown after dinner after the crowds have gone is just the best. Cinnamon rolls at Marc's Double Oven are also a highlight with late morning coffee. Also be sure to stop into Little Luxuries of Mackinac for some wonderful Michigan made items and unique items for your home!! Favorite place to vacation (next to Disney, of course!!)

I've always stayed 3 nights at a time there. The meals are wonderfull and we ride horses every day.

Well, we're back from our anniversary trip to Mackinac. We ended up staying at the Lake View Hotel on a Romantic Escape package....I couldn't pull the trigger on The Grand Hotel rates, and by the time I was ready to, it was sold out!

But it worked out for the best. We loved the Lake View. We could see the water from our room, we enjoyed being in the thick of things downtown, and we did spend the afternoon at The Grand having lunch, touring the grounds, etc.

It was a fabulous trip. We ended up staying two nights, and three full days. It felt just about right.

We've never stayed the night on the island just did many day trips which was suffice for our family. However, we always stayed at least 3 nights at Mackinaw City.

Enjoy your trip, tho! I'm sure the island would be fun in the evening/early morning without all the boat traffic. :)

Congrats on your anniversary!

Glad you had a nice time on the island.

Sounds like you had a perfect stay :thumbsup2. We always stay in Mackinaw City and just do a day trip to the Island (family of six isn't really affordable to stay on the Island). One day when we go without kids I'd like to try the Grand Hotel :).

Two days would probably be more than enough. Take some time and visit the Les Cheneaux islands (say hi to my Gramps!), head up to the Soo (Sault Ste Marie), visit the Soo Locks and shop the shops..as for the Island, not terribly much to do. It's definitely peaceful though, maybe go horseback riding!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter