• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How many NICE dresses /outfits to bring on 4 nt Dream? Cruising in 10 days!!

Jenleephoto

Mouseketeer
We go on our first Disney Cruise in just ten days!! DREAM for 4 night Caribbean. I am curious, since I have never been on a Disney Cruise before, how many NICE outfits should I bring? Do the parents/adults typically dress up for the dinner/shows? I like to dress up, cute sundresses, or capri with low heels kind of thing. Would that suffice? or is it more "Evening wear"?? I want to look cute but we have two young children (ages 5 and 2) so high heels and prom dresses are not something I am really considering much LOL Help! Thanks!!!

The 3/4 night cruises do not have a formal night so sundresses and the like are great for dinner. If you are going to dine at Palo, then you do want to bring something a bit dressier, like a cocktail dress.

Thanks! Nope, not dining at Palo. Wanted to but all times were already sold out when we booked. So, we booked a couples spa session instead :banana:

Disney cruises are so casual that when I've worn a prom-type gown I've felt way over dressed, even on a formal night. Sun dresses are fine, tho people generally don't dress up for the evening shows. Even when we dress up for dinner, I generally slip into something more comfortable for the shows.

I usually have a dress on, sundress,or maxi dress,or knee length, both simple or wear to a wedding type outfit, but def not formal. I bring 1 or 2,low to mid heel dressier sandals for nites. We usually stay in our clothes thru the showa and afterwards for a while. DH and DS's are in slacks and oxfords,suit,that type thing. same goes for them. Now that they are older(13,16) they run back to the room and change before their clubs.

Thanks for asking this and thanks for all the answers. I was thinking about this just yesterday!

Don't overpack, that is for sure! You could wear the same pair of capris 2 nights with a different top for dinner.

As for low heels - I had brought a pair on our last cruise for formal night (longer cruise) and quickly regretted it. I wear higher heels a lot to work, but it was totally different on the cruise (plus we did have some rough seas). But for our next cruise, I will just be bringing my sparkly flip flops for nighttime. If you do go with the heels, may I suggest a backup, just in case?

Enjoy - and don't forget to book another cruise while on board, even if you aren't sure when you will cruise! Saving that 10% and getting the OBC is the best deal out there!

We go on our first Disney Cruise in just ten days!! DREAM for 4 night Caribbean. I am curious, since I have never been on a Disney Cruise before, how many NICE outfits should I bring? Do the parents/adults typically dress up for the dinner/shows? I like to dress up, cute sundresses, or capri with low heels kind of thing. Would that suffice? or is it more "Evening wear"?? I want to look cute but we have two young children (ages 5 and 2) so high heels and prom dresses are not something I am really considering much LOL Help! Thanks!!!

Cute capris/sundresses with low heels will work for every evening on a four day cruise. They will probably have one semi-formal night so if you want to bring one cocktail dress or something that you feel "fancy" in, then bring it!

Enjoy your cruise :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter