• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How many more days until your trip to WDW - Part 9

33 days and a small miracle: I hadn't been able to find my pins for a long time. The last time I remembered using them was at Aulani in March 2020 (right as a little thing called Covid was taking off). I remembered showing my kids after I returned because I had gotten a couple neat Hawaii/Aulani themed ones (and I'm super into pins). But then, I moved and before a quick trip I had in September, I couldn't find my main set anywhere (I had a ziploc bag that had 2 "sets" - the ones I didn't really care for and were happy to trade and the ones that mean a lot and I would never trade (greatest dad, limited edition from a MVMCP). And I know this isn't that important - but it really made me sad. There aren't many things I'm that into - but for whatever reason, I love pins/pin trading. It doesn't help that I felt like I had a small fortune invested (not so much in the actual pins themselves but I knew I had like 20 and the cost to replenish my stock would be expensive, not including that would be just to get the number back to where it was - let alone the types/sets/sentimental value which is what really mattered).

I've been looking each week as I unpack more boxes from the move (although my progress on that front has been waning) - but as the trip has been getting closer, I had resigned myself to more or less not finding them before we go (in advance of our going, I bought the kids lanyards and a couple of pins to get started). And then on Friday, I found them. And I'm just ecstatic. For whatever reason, it felt like a big disappointment on my quick solo trip and I know I would've felt something missing from the next one. And now I feel like I can just relax and embrace it.

33 days, y'all! (ETA: I really need this countdown thread because I'm keeping the date of when we're going a secret from the kids - at their request - and it's so hard to do!).

And for what it's worth, here they are in their silly glory! The picture is small and maybe you can't tell - so:

• Expedition Everest and Soarin Fastpasses (paper - lol, I wonder if they'll ever end up making Genie+ or Lightning Lane pins 🤣)
  • Matterhorn, Conquered Everest, and Tower of Terror (with Stitch inside as a CM) - Ride based
  • Mike and Sulley from Monster's Inc (when they were really young, my oldest and I dressed up as Mike and Sulley for Halloween and that's been our thing).
  • I used to have a lot of Muppet pins as they're pretty important to me - but so many are gone (I had a whole set with a Muppet and their name, and some extraneous ones ... hmmm ...)
  • I have some Toy Story Mania pins (that I'm eager to trade)
  • Some Sorcerer Mickey pins (pre-Lilo and Stitch, this was my favorite character)
  • Some Stitch pins (new favorite character, one my kids got me that says, "Mood of the day")
  • A collection of Disney Characters inside of Mickey Ears
  • Sentimental pins: MVMCP Limited Edition, Greatest Dad from my oldest, Aulani Mickey
  • And in the very bottom right corner, Christopher Robin and Pooh (with the quote "You are smarter than you think, braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem")
I got myself and my two kids this pin in September, ahead of our 2022 trip - we have a print of this in our home and talk about it a lot). A brief anecdote for this one: I am a rule follower. I struggle to break rules that might make sense to break. It's just who I am at this point in life; so, I'm trying to learn to accept it. All of that is to say that if you noticed, I said I bought 3 of the Christopher Robin quote pins in September and that was one of the scariest things I've had to do lately - ask someone if I could *gulp* break the rules 😆 (as the current policy is 2 items per customer). I explained to the CM that this was my plan for my kids and even showed her a picture that I had two and even then ... it wasn't clear at first that they were going to let me! Though, to be honest, maybe she was being facetious and I just didn't get it - but it wasn't clear to me.). She relented and I got them - and still am like, "I promise it's okay - I'm not stockpiling to sell online!"​

IMG_8252.JPG

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter