• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How many have had leftover dining credits?

How many have had leftover dining credits?

• No way! We used or gave away all our credits

• Yes - but we only had snack credits leftover

• Yes - we had TS, CS and/or snack credits remaining

Results are only viewable after voting.

LittleMermaidsMom

DIS Veteran
We used the dining plan this past June and really loved it, but I hate to admit it - we had several leftover credits (2 TS, 4CS and 6 snacks). It was just sooo hot and we didn't feel like eating much so we let the credits go to waste. I've seen several posts about people having leftover snack credits and using them to take items home (bottles of water, rice krispy treats...), but I was just curious if we were the only ones to have leftover TS and CS credits??

We did use some of our snack credits to take home a bunch of rice krispy treats and a couple of waters for the plane, but we couldn't fit anything else in our suitcases. Also, we didn't get water in the parks because we had our own Brita water bottles and had purchased the refillable mugs at our resort, so we really didn't need the waters. We didn't plan on having leftover TS credits, but we missed our PS's the morning we left and didn't have time to use it anywhere else.

Has anybody else had leftover credits?? If so, did they go to waste, or did you purchase items and give them away to strangers??

We leave in 19 days :thewave: and plan on giving them away to fellow Disney travelers at the end of our stay :flower: . When I found out about the dining plan I had to rebook our trip and ended up getting 3 different ressies. One 5 day dining package, then 2 nights room only, then the remaining 9 nights with dining. The 2 room only worked out great for visiting the Universal parks, but we must use up our first block of credits or loose them, and it's difficult to plan. I mean we have ADR's but I can't imagine eating all the CS meals as well. So I'm thinking I'll just turn to whoever is near us and ask if they are on the plan and if not, free meal :goodvibes !

With that said ----
Is there any way anyone else can use these credits ?? Are they connected to you personally or could they just be used by anyone else. If so, I'd be happy to buy some from anyone that has leftovers - we were not able to take advantage of the dining plan because we're staying at a DVC resort.

when we went in July at the end of our stay we had 2 ts left we asked th cm at the food court if it was ok if we used them for cs meals because the next morning we were leaving at 7am and wouldn't be able to use them she said no problem so we got stuff like nachos, snack food. You never know if you don't ask!!

Stitches12 said:
With that said ----
Is there any way anyone else can use these credits ?? Are they connected to you personally or could they just be used by anyone else. If so, I'd be happy to buy some from anyone that has leftovers - we were not able to take advantage of the dining plan because we're staying at a DVC resort.

I haven't used the dining plan yet, but I don't think this is possible. I think the only way you could let someone else use your credits would be for you to phyically be there, paying for their meals with your card at the time and place the meals are purchased. Hopefully someone else will correct me if I'm wrong.

Well, maybe someone you trust VERY much, because remember your tickets are on the same room key as your dining credits...
On my last day I still had, let's see... three CS and three snacks left (knowing I'd be dining on filet mignon most nights, I held off on eating during the day :))
Anyway, I had breakfast plus a snack; then ordered two CS meals at Earl of Sandwich and gave the accompanying drinks to the couple ahead of me in line; and back at the hotel grabbed two more bottles of water.

Plus, I've just remembered that the dining credits expire on midnight of the day you check out, so if anyone was willing and able to sell or give you credits, it would have to be right then and there.

The morning we left we had 10 snack credits which we used up with 3 water bottles, 3 chip bags and 4 Mickey Rice Krispie treats!!!!

I had 2 CS left and I got a great croissant/egg/cheese/bacon sandwich and a package of grapes.

I had one more CS left and the three people in Captain Cooks were all on the free dining plan and said no thank-you.

I tried to give it to a CM but they couldn't take it either. :confused3

At the begining of our trip, I was trying to statigically use the snack credits for more expensive itmes and not waste them on bottles of soda. Then, half way though the trip we realized that we still had a ton of snack credits...so then we spent one day in MK eating like pigs! My 13 year old was in heaven!

We ended up having one full service meal left over

What can I say we planned! I made sure to use all of our TS credits, actually paid for some kid meals to stretch out the efficiency of the plan(no flames please), on our final morning we had 5 CS, and 9 Snacks! We all got breakfast, so that took 4CS, the extra CS we bought a chocolate croissant and graps and a bottle of water, they counted that as a meal. The 9 snack credits helped for the road, 1 bottle of water (we stil had plenty that we brought from home), 3 bags of chips and 5 mickey crispy treats!

We planned to have left over CS and snack credits to feed us our last day. As it was we ended up leaving the morning of our last day out of fear of not getting gas on the way home figured the sooner we got headed home the better chance we'd have to get gas.

We used those CS credits at the food court at POP and then also used our 4 snack credits and got the DD's and SIL each a mice krispie treat.

We ended up having two CS credits left. There is just so much food provided on the plan that I thought we did pretty good using as many of the credits as we did.

We didn't always order an appetizer and/or dessert for each of us on many occassions though. Most servers always encouraged us to do so however.

We also had 2 CS credits leftover when we departed. We had planned out all the TS credits so there was no problem there. Most of the snack credits went to water or ice cream, as we were there the last week of August and it was hot! Since we got the free dining, I didn't really care where we spent them, so when we were thirsty we got water! But a couple times, my DS's weren't that hungry in the am so instead of getting a breakfast entree, they just ate a muffin/danish/banana bread that was DH & my "dessert" from our breakfast entree. Our DS's drank the milk that came with the CS credit and DH and I used the mugs to get coffee/tea. I think it worked out great! :wizard:

In June, we managed to use all of our credits. We had 5 "nights" worth of meal credits, but we arrived mid afternoon on our first day, and left after dinner on our last (6th) day, so we spread out our meals so that we could eat at least one "decent" meal each day. We ended up paying for one sit down meal during the trip. Used all the snack credits on ice cream, since we had our brita bottles and it was SO hot!

Wish we were back at Disney!! :earsboy:

We are arriving after midnight, so I know we'll have extra CS and snack credits at the end of our short stay. Luckily, we're moving on to a week at a timeshare after WDW, so my plan is to use up the snack credits at the food court before we go and stop at Pepper Market for carry out meals using any remaining CS credits. I've carried out leftovers from there before (mostly pasta and Tex/Mex dishes) and they were great warmed over. That should keep us fed for an additional day or two.

Sheila

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter