How many FP+ do you want?

FP-no-more_tiers_zpsfe65eb1a.gif

:lmao:

Where do you come up with this stuff? :rotfl:

Give me an untiered FP+ system that let you book multiple FPs for the same attraction if you wanted, and I'd be happy with a limit of 3.

I vote for - Unlimited! But that's not going to happen... unless they pull a UNI and start charging for it. If I were on a short trip, at a busy time, I would seriously consider paying for unlimited FP, but for the MK only. The other parks you could hit at least one headliner with a rope drop or the current FP+ scheme (and the other parks only have about 2 or 3 headliner attractions each).
C'mon Disney, just hurry up and $ TAKE MY MONEY $ already!

I would be happy with 5 but 6 would be better. Any less than 5 and if there is any tiering at ALL, I simply will not go to Disney World again.

Vacation packages with rationed rides are simply not a good value for our ride-loving family.

I agree that FP+ is annoying as it currently is. But I did just have to correct that Disney isn't rationing rides. You can still go at rope drop like my family does and ride as many as possible in the first two hours, watch shows till noon, go back and swim, eat dinner, and come back late to ride more.

We also are FP maniacs and worked the system well. Back in the day when you could use FPs all day I have a photo of us having 138 FPs which we used all of them late at night.

But they aren't actually rationing rides. You can ride as much as you want: in the standby line. ;)

I want the ability to have at least 3 in each park PER DAY for thise that have purchased park hoppers. We like the challenge of conquering a major ride in each park in one day on each of our trips. It's great fun and we usually buy something at the end of each ride as a momento.

Maybe Disney could allow us to preplan FP+ for each day and confirm that we'll be there to ride by a certain time that same morning. That way if we decide to change parks or rides that day the old FP+`s could be thrown back in the pile for others to use. As it is the FP+'s are locked in 60 days out and if someone doesn't show up they are "wasted".

Or your FP+'s are reserved, but until you enter the park that day they aren't activated. I dunno. So many "what ifs" right now.

I want the ability to have at least 3 in each park PER DAY for thise that have purchased park hoppers. We like the challenge of conquering a major ride in each park in one day on each of our trips. It's great fun and we usually buy something at the end of each ride as a momento. Maybe Disney could allow us to preplan FP+ for each day and confirm that we'll be there to ride by a certain time that same morning. That way if we decide to change parks or rides that day the old FP+`s could be thrown back in the pile for others to use. As it is the FP+'s are locked in 60 days out and if someone doesn't show up they are "wasted". Or your FP+'s are reserved, but until you enter the park that day they aren't activated. I dunno. So many "what ifs" right now.

If you did Test Track first, then single rider-ed RnR, then used FP at MK, and single rider-Ed Everest you could still do this.

In all honesty I'm not sure how many I would want. But one headliner is not enough. Whatever though. I can work whatever system Disney gives me to my advantage. FP+ even in its current state won't drive me away. Though I will wait until the testing is done. I dislike being a guinea pig with my hard earned money.

More important to me, though, is the quirks and how many times people (me included when I was there) have to go get the RFID stuff reset. I really hate wasting any time at Customer Service. It's my vacation. Watching a CM tippity tap on their computer feels way too much like work to me. And when I'm in the 100 degree sun it's kinda like torture. Whatever quantity they end up gracing me with is fine, but it has to work EVERY single time I tap my band to Mickey at the right time slot.

I keep reading post complaining about only 3 a day only one park.

How many do you really want?

I think 5 would be nice at any park.

Don't worry, before long you'll probably be able to buy two more FP+ reservations each day so you'll have your five. If capacity allows, you could even buy three more than that and have eight, isn't that great?

They may tie hopper FP+ to hopper tickets for no additional fee. Purchase a hopper ticket or Annual Pass and you FP+ become hopper eligible. Or they may get really greedy and charge more to make your FP+ reservations hoppers regardless of what type of ticket you have.

Apparently, Disney found that getting more people in the parks for less hours is better financially than getting less people in the parks for more hours. Limiting FP+ and making additional FP+ reservations available for an additional fee should accomplish that and make their bottom line much sweeter.

If you did Test Track first, then single rider-ed RnR, then used FP at MK, and single rider-Ed Everest you could still do this.

I've never attempted this myself, but I imagine doing AK last would really make this a tougher endeavor since that is the park that usually closes early.

The bottom line is that FP+ makes a lot of things more complicated and harder to do.

Apparently, Disney found that getting more people in the parks for less hours is better financially than getting less people in the parks for more hours.

That makes perfect sense from a financial perspective. Of course, they do want the guests already in the park to shop and spend more, but there is a limit to what each family is going to spend. Sending them on their way and replacing them with another family who hasn't tapped into their spending potential yet is likely to yield a higher return than hoping the first family will continue to spend. The reality is that, although most of us spend more than we should on vacation, we all have a budget limit somewhere and I think most people at least slow down considerably when they know they're over-budget.

I've seen more than a few posts here recently from FP+ users state that they went to the park, rode their three rides and left. Some were happy with that outcome and some less so but, regardless, the strategy (if one exists) of getting people OUT of the parks may be working.

As someone who goes always on October, not real low seasong, I would say moderate season. I want at least 5 FP+. No tiers. And park hopping allowed.

I agree that FP+ is annoying as it currently is. But I did just have to correct that Disney isn't rationing rides. You can still go at rope drop like my family does and ride as many as possible in the first two hours, watch shows till noon, go back and swim, eat dinner, and come back late to ride more.

Actually, even that is changing with FP+. I have a couple of friends down there this week who are reporting 100+ minute waits for TSMM at 9:15, 60+min for Soarin by 9:30, etc. While the earliest slots seem to be less popular (as reflected in the fact that they've been the only ones available to the friends who couldn't book their FP+ before arrival because of ticket issues), you still have to factor the fact that FP returns now start the minute the park opens, rather than having that first hour of the entire ride capacity being filled from the standby line.

It seems to me that the entire FP+ system is about rationing rides. Disney knows they don't have the capacity for everyone to enjoy every popular attraction, so they're rationing FP access to those top-tier attractions and counting on very long standby times to encourage guests to seek out less in-demand alternatives. Meanwhile, they're manufacturing a perception of value/scarcity by offering fastpasses for rides that are walk-ons at all but the busiest times of year, and steering guests to those attractions using entirely unnecessary pre-assigned ride times.

It seems to me that the entire FP+ system is about rationing rides. Disney knows they don't have the capacity for everyone to enjoy every popular attraction, so they're rationing FP access to those top-tier attractions and counting on very long standby times to encourage guests to seek out less in-demand alternatives.

Yep. They said as much when they publicly stated that they weren't interested in an arms race of rides with Universal. We'll just have to see how that works for them.

Hopefully, a headliner is not being reburished during peak season. I can't imagine what that would look like at Epcot or DHS.

Hopefully, a headliner is not being reburished during peak season. I can't imagine what that would look like at Epcot or DHS.

I suppose FP+ now puts the onus on Disney to announce refurbs consistently at least 2 months out. Or not. But if I schedule headliner, then find out it's going to be closed and I find out after all the other headliners are booked...... I'm going to be ticked.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter