How many DVC'ers don't have kids?

Do any of y'all want one?? I have an 11 yr old boy you can HAVE, free of charge. He knows now to mow the lawn and does a B grade on dishes.

No kids for us. We do invite extended family from time to time. But we really could use everyone of our points by ourselves.

I'm 45, DH is 50 and we've been married 23 years. Never tried nor wanted kids. Unless you count 4 legged children. We do have cats so we always say we have furry children.

We've only been DVC since 2010.

We bought at BWV in 1998 and don't have any kids. I'm 55 and hubby is 62. We have traveled with adult friends and family and are now starting to plan a trip with my nephew & his family of 3 small boys, ages 6,5 & 2.
No regrets here about being a DVC member.

:) DH and I married in 1994 and he finally took me on a Honeymoon First Trip to Disney in 2002 at the age of 34 (he was 38). It was our 8th anniversary trip and we planned it for a year. I had always wanted to go to Disney and my parents just couldn't afford it. Once I entered those gates and saw the castle I was hooked. DH was hooked because I was hooked. We came home and the next week made a deposit on the trip for 2003...the rest is history. Over the years we decided not to have children, but our parents do have grandchildren from our siblings.

We purchased AKV in 2009 and this Nov will be our 7th DVC trip. We take my parents and MIL in alternating years and they love it. All I have ever had are adult only trips.

I will be 45 this year and DH is 49. Kids ain't happening...but DVC is :banana:

No kids and most likely won't have any given our age. We were married at Disney so it is a very special place to us too. I use to get annoyed at the people who gave us a hard time but either they have stopped or I have learned to ignore it :) Love DVC and hope we are able to buy additional contracts. (We own at AKL and so far have tried AKL, SSR, WL, BLT and BWV. AKL and SSR a few times)

No kids .. we spent our honeymoon at the Poly in 1985 ... We purchased our first DVC contract in 1997 ...we have been back yearly ever since ..sometimes taking 2 trips a year. We enjoy every vacation...sometimes sharing with family, but most of the time just by ourselves. We also take vacations annually to other locations. We still get lots of questions from friends and family about repeating Disney so often..however, once they spend some time at a DVC resort as our guest the comments stop and they admit they "get it".

I am alot like PeggySue. We went to WDW for honeymoon in 1988, bought in 1997 and went many many times. Everyone wondered what the lure was since we did not have kids.

We finally made decision to adopt children in 2003 and 2008 and have now gone with them many times. There are many times on these trips how thankful we bought before we had them....couldn't afford it now!!!! ;)

cheryl

We are 44 and 47.

Dh and I joined in 2006.

We started trying to have kids in 2002 and nothing worked. We will be applying for adoption this Summer, and will have a good long wait after then.

We have gone to WDW with relatives and friends with their kids. We really enjoy trips with and without other people's kids. I think we prefer the trips by ourselves...but I think that is because we are with OTHER PEOPLE'S KIDS.

The biggest plus of travelling without kids is that you can stay in a studio in the off season and only have to worry about food and tickets for 2 people.

We started our adoption process last Father's Day and our process went very quickly! Our little guy is now 4 months old-if you have any questions along the way let me know!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

We have 3 adult children - 31, 33 and 35. We bought into DVC in 2001 when two of them were in college and the youngest was a senior in high school. Oldest son doesn't get why his adult parents love Disney but you don't have to have children to love it - or belong to DVC!

99% of the time it is either just my DH and myself or we go with friends. We are spending some of our October trip this year with our 5 yr. old GS but they are staying in a different resort. Meeting other friends down there for a couple of days. We have done Disney as a honeymoon, when the kids were young, when they were in high school and now just us. Childless, you can sleep in, go to the "nicer" restaurants, come and go as you want. Absolutely no regrets about our DVC!

No kids and my biological clock stopped ticking a long time ago so there won't be any. Do have nieces and nephews that we share our DVC with. Been DVC members since 2007.

We bought in 2008 on a Cruise after watching DVC for years. :rolleyes1. Our kids were in high school and junior high school. Now both are in college, both still love Disney and DVC. :beach: We go as empty nesters and thoroughly enjoy ourselves. We also go with the kids. Our only regret...not buying earlier. :teacher:

We bought in 2008 on a Cruise after watching DVC for years. :rolleyes1. Our kids were in high school and junior high school. Now both are in college, both still love Disney and DVC. :beach: We go as empty nesters and thoroughly enjoy ourselves. We also go with the kids. Our only regret...not buying earlier. :teacher:

same here!

except for fact that we went so often to make up for lost time;)that my DSs burnt out on disney in general. The older two have come back into the fold, #3 is resisting (but we all know resistance is futile when it comes to WDW). we're looking forward to trip in January with our 1st grandchild.:goodvibes

Just curious... How many DVC'ers don't have kids yet, or have no plans to become parents at all?

My DH and I don't have any children, and we go back and forth about whether we will or not. I guess we are both more of the mindset 'if it happens, great... if it doesn't, that's OK too'

We love to travel, and that's what we do in the meantime. We went to WDW for our honeymoon 4 years ago, fell in love with the place and a year ago we finally joined DVC. I have been catching a lot of slack from family and friends over the years for loving WDW as much as we do. How can you go there over and over? Isn't that for kids? Why would you join a timeshare there?

I know that basically all 'Disney People' deal with these questions - but, it also made me wonder how many people fell in love with WDW as an adult without kids.

popcorn::

My husband and I were exactly the same. We honeymooned in WDW and we have been there every year since. We purchased DVC before we had our son. At that time, we weren't sure about kids either. We do a lot of pin trading. Also, as crazy as it sound, a Disney trip is relaxing to us. It is a home away from home.

DH and I don't have kids and no plans to have any. We've been together going on 16 years. I have always loved Disney, and he does too. We have always had annual passes, even before we met, I always had an AP. My mom and dad would always take my brother and I to WDW, Busch Gardens, Cypress Gardens, and SeaWorld. My dad would alternate between WDW AP and AP pass for BG/CG/SW.

DH and I just bought DVC last year, but it's the best thing we've ever bought ourselves. We probably never could afford to keep staying at deluxe resorts (at $225+ a night), we had splurged a bit on staycations and it was adding up, I was looking into DVC and after doing a lot of research we decided we can save a lot of money by "biting the bullet" and buying a DVC resale. If I knew about DVC 16 years ago, I would have bought direct if I had to, I don't even care if it cost more money, I would have gladly made the payments to have a gauranteed vacation every year at WDW, that means a lot coming from someone as frugal as I am. We love DVC.

There are many people that don't understand. Most likely because they haven't experienced WDW first hand, some people don't like theme parks. Some people don't realize that WDW isn't just theme parks.

My MIL always asks us what we want for birthdays or Christmas, and the last few years we just ask for Disney Gift Cards, and she always says "Why?"... and DH always says "Because that's where we spend our money!". I'm sure they all talk about us behind our backs, but I don't care, we're the ones having fun and they must have nothing better to do than complain.

I think that people who say negative things about how you choose to spend your time and money are just being flat out rude. If anyone I know had a special hobbie or interest I wouldn't heckle them about it, I'd be supportive. :thumbsup2

We are empty nesters, bought into DVC a year after our youngest finished college, that was 5 years ago.

My husband & i have been together 14 yrs, i was still in hs when we met. I grew up going to disney every or every other year. My dh came with my family back in '01 & he loved it too. We did 3 more trips after that, took a rc cruise in there too & then had our 1st son in '07. Took him when he was 18 mos. Have to say its a whole new experience seeing Disney through the eyes of your child. '09 had our 2nd son, took him at 18 mos back in '11 & now we bought Dvc. We plan on taking family trips yearly.

DH and I were married in 2003, bought DVC in 2004, figuring we should buy before we have kids. Well due to a slew of health problems and other life issues, we will be celebrating our 10th anniversary at WDW this year still without kids. Here's hoping by 2015 we can make our first trip with a kid of our own. But we certainly have enjoyed every kid-free trip we've had and the ones where we brought other people's kids.

just wanted to say hang in there!! My sister had a lot of health problems, and one of her ovaries removed...I got pregnant for the first time when I was 30. I felt so guilty calling my sister to tell her...it's hard to be happy for yourself, when you know you are going to have something, someone you love, had been trying for 15 years. Anyway, I called her and she asked me when I was due. After I told her, she said, "Oh, I'm due just a month before you!" :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: I think I was more excited for her than myself!! :goodvibes Me and my DH had been trying for two years, I still find it funny that we'd both been trying for years, (although me and ex-DH not as long as them, but then got PG at basically the same time (our sons were born 3 weeks apart). Life is full of surprises. Good luck!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter