• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How many DVC old timers out there?

goofymax

Earning My Ears
pirate: By that I mean age. I will be 63 in two days and I am still capable of wondering, so I'm wondering if there are any DVC geezers out there? I know I can't be the oldest, can I? I do have an a reason to be so DVC and Disney crazy, you see I have a seven year old son and he will inherit the 450 points eventually. Not too soon! Go for it- your age please. I too love DVC and Disney!

We purchased in 1993, just a couple of months before I turned 49. You can do the math. :teeth: :teeth:

BTW Goofymax, Happy Birthday, from one ole DVC Geezer to another....

I am 58 and DH will celebrate his 60th at OKW in March. We purchased in 1997 when I was 50 and DH was 52. Our kids are in their 30's and we have no grandchildren, so we either enjoy taking the "kids" or other family and friends with us. LOVE our DVC fix several times a year!

Almost to 57 but still about 13 at heart!!! Bought DVC in '03, so I was on the 'geezerish' side when we bought.

According to my birth certificate, I am an Old Bat! But I sure don't feel like one! :maleficen DH (same age) walked around the MK last week with his Mickey santa hat and waving his Mickey hands, so I'd say he's still young, too! :teeth:

I turned 72 this month and my wife is 68. 5 children, 13 grandchildren and two great grandchildren. Joined in 96 and have 610 points. No need to say why!

JR :cool1:

I'm 58 and my DH will be 64 (going on 16) in a couple of weeks. We think Disney helps keep us young! We've been WDW goers since 1977. We bought DVC in '04 - we wanted DVC to make it even more fun for future grandkids. Not that we don't enjoy it now! We were just there in October with our son and DIL and had a great time.

My one regret is that we didn't buy back in 1992 when DVC was first available.

Our DVC will always be a family affair - we put our son and his wife's names on the contract. They're both in their 20's, and they can enjoy it when our batteries have pooped out.

DisFlan

hey I also brought back in 93!!!

I was 43 then...

I have loved DVC greatly the last 12 years....

I'm 53, and at the OKW annual meeting, I felt VERY young, by comparison. From where I was sitting, it looked like most everyone was older than me. And I noticed, during the question and answer time, that the newest member who spoke became a member in 1997, with many 1991 and 1993 members there. Even with the prevalence of resales, I was surprised that it seemed the old timers, both in terms of age and in terms of years of DVC membership, were most likely to attend the meetings. I felt so young and "new", since we first joined in 2002, just bought at OKW this year.

Bought in 1991
I am 65--going alone on the Member Cruise next October. I have 2 kids but only ONE grandchild--of couse he gets slightly spoiled.
Am a retired Psych RN and a Cub Scout leader for past 5 years.

Not only are you only as old as you feel -- but none of you can really be all that old.

Otherwise --

YOU'D BE TYPING LIKE THIS !

:earboy2:

62 at present - bought in 1997 - like so many others wish it had been when I got the first info before OKW was built.

My Husband just turned 61 and my son will be 19 next month and I am..... well over 21 :earsgirl: And if they could they would live at Walt Disney World and go on the fastest rides all day long!!! :earboy2: ::MinnieMo

I'm 58 and DH is 61 and we bought 2 years ago, and we keep on buying. Our last add on was this past Monday! Mom (86) helped us out there, and she'll tell everyone that she's "in on the action" at DVC!

Bobbi :flower:

I'm 55 and DH is 57, but when we're in WDW I would say we're about 10 and 12 respectively :) . We made our first purchase (VWL) in 2002 -- gotta get the most out of the "empty nest" years!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter