How many DVC members are LI'ers?

Were is Sound Beach! We own at HH and are waiting on a SSR Contract to get thru ROFR now. WIsh us some pixie dust!

Heidi

I think I am the farthest East...we are close to Montauk.

DVC members at SSR since last year!! :goodvibes

Yes, we pay high taxes, but....
-The ocean is in our backyards..
-Our schools are great!
- Spending time in traffic on the parkways teaches us patience for the long lines in Disney...

Long Island is home and I could never leave!

Another Massapequa Park family here- whoo hoo!!:banana:

The owner of the OBI (something Matherson)died a couple of months ago, his son works at the same company I do.

bob, & i can probably tell you all the regular bartenders' names too :rolleyes1

-Our schools are great!
- Spending time in traffic on the parkways teaches us patience for the long lines in Disney...

~ a short train ride (longer for the east end, of course;) ) to one of the greast cities in the world, with plays, attractiona, top restaurants, etc
~ love our beaches!!! i've traveled quite a bit, & it amazes me that we have some of the most beautiful:thumbsup2 personally, i especially babylon town beaches :love:
~ transportation options ~ a lot of places don't have all we take for granted

the one thing that really keeps me an islander tho (besides family & friends, of course;) ) is that long islanders are some of the most friendly & (believe it or not;) ) courteous people in the entire country. total strangers will help one another, you can make friends just by going grocery shopping ~ there's a sense of comradery you don't see in other places.
yes, there is bad (not everyone believes in that "comradery" :sad1: ), winter:cold: , high taxes, & high housing prices........but there are problems everywhere, many of them worse (btw, i know a number of ppl who moved to Fla from LI ~ sadly, about 80-90% regretted their decision w/i a year :guilty:. & we've met many other transplanted LIers near WDW (see, LIers really are a chatty group:teeth: ).....out of about 50-60 strangers, only about 5 said they were happy they moved....4 of the 5 being CMs :sad1:).
yeah, long islanders have a lot to be proud of & thankful for:thumbsup2

-Our schools are great!

:lmao:
I agree....I knew that traffic was for a reason:goodvibes
Kerri

I Live in Speonk, Been a member since 2006. Deffinatly some good memories at the boardy barn, where I still make a few apperiances each summer

How do you fellow LI'ers mke the trip south? I prefer SOUTHWEST out of ISLIP. My driveway to a parking spot in there parking lot, when we arrive back the car is sitting there waiting for us.

We're from Elmont. Bought SSR in 2006, have stayed there and BWV, WLV and 2/2008 just came back from AKV--SV which was really great!:banana: I like to try all of the places.

The last 3 years we've traveled by Autotrain and LOVE IT!:love: but you have to get a sleeper car, I don't know how anyone could stay in coach all night!!! The nicest thing is you load up your car, just take a small carryon onto the train and when you get to Florida, you have your own car. For me, I always get so frazzled in airports, with packing, going through security, checking in, etc. . . so this is a perfect way for me to travel. By plane I feel as though I'm going to have a nervous breakdown. When you leave to go home its easier too, because you just load up your own car. Also, we go in February and even if there's bad weather, the train will go, we don't have to worry about being cancelled or sitting on a runway for hours.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter