How many Disney Visa rewards points do you have?

I have the Premiere - can someone clarify if I use the card to pay WDW for vacation, do I still get the points? Thanks! :)

I have the no-fee one, I have had it since they came out with them YEARS ago. My best guess is over the course of having the card - I likely have earned and used somewhere around $5,000 - $7,000.

For our upcoming August trip, I am hoping to 'make my own free dining' by having $800 saved on the card for the restaurants we want. So far I have close to $600.

None. I have the card, but don't use it because the bonus offers are few and far between, and it's probably not one of the best out there for earning rewards.

Yes, we all love Disney rewards, but they are worth about 1 cent each. I prefer to use a card that I can earn double points on certain categories such as paying for air travel OR if you don't want to be bothered, just get a cashback card and put the reward in the vacation pile. The earnings are the same.

If you spend a lot on travel or dining out, right now the Chase Sapphire Preferred pays double points on those categories (worth 2 cents each) and will also get you 20% off travel you book with them using those points. This card costs $95 per year, and the Disney card is free, so it may not be worth it for you if you don't spend a lot each year.
this,exactly.:thumbsup2 I have none,their rewards points are WAY too low....there are too many other great reward cards out there to save money for a vacation.....

I believe the poster came up with the value of .01 by dividing $100 by $1 meaning you have to spend $100 to get the $1 in rewards

yes....you have to spend 100.00 to get 1.00:scared1::confused: that is not great payback.....so if you have 200.00 in rewards (that = one nice dinner in WDW) that means you have to spend a LOT to get those points:headache:

i dont have a premiere but i have a regular one. i figured it would not work out for me to pay the $49 fee but i wasn't aware transit was 2%. so i use a bus pass and metrocards monthly. do you mean i would get double rewards if i had the premiere with those?
I'm talking about the Chase Saphhire Preferred credit card that offers double points on travel, which includes every means of transportation, including train tickets and cabs. This card costs $95 per year.

For my spending patterns, I prefer to get 2% on those categories rather than others - including groceries.

For me, the Disney card just doesn't make a whole lot of sense, particularly when I can use those same reward points on the Chase mall to pay for my hotel or airfare and get a 20% point discount on top of it. I spend about $2k a month on the dining and travel categories, meaning I get 4k points that are valued at 1 cent per point. I'm getting $40 value in rewards with this card rather than $20 value from the disney card.

BUT, like I said, everyone needs to look at their spending patterns and find the card that's best for them.

I have the Premiere - can someone clarify if I use the card to pay WDW for vacation, do I still get the points? Thanks! :)

Pretty sure you get 2% back since it's a Disney purchase. :)

We had the regular card for a few years. After the premiere card came out I crunched some numbers and figured out that we'd get more reward dollars by switching to that one. A few months after that we got Chase Freedom cards - every 3 months they rotate certain rewards that are 5% back (right now it's gas stations, Starbucks and drug stores, for example) and there's no annual fee. Everything else is 1% back. Earlier this week I called Chase to downgrade back to the regular Disney Card...I think we'll use that for pretty much everything except for whatever the 5% Chase Freedom reward is. :goodvibes

This year we've gotten at $200 reward check from the Chase Freedom card and have about $150 in rewards for that card. We've been letting our Disney rewards accumulate since summer of 2011 and currently have about $700. :goodvibes

We actually do the Dave Ramsey plan w/ the envelopes. So what I do is, I have a Chase Visa envelope also. when I go food shopping and put it on the card, I then take the cash from my food shopping envelope and put it in the chase envelope and enter the amount on a piece of paper. Same w/ gas, movie money, out to eat, all the cash goes into the chase envelope. It's budgeted and accounted for, so I'm paying everything off a few times a month and we never run a balance. ( I know, we don't have to do that, but I feel ALOT better if I do)

It's great to read that someone else does this. Going back to the literal envelope systems brought us back out of debt. For our household, the cash system (even if it appears to others as credit card) is the way to go!

We have the premier card. After using our reward dollars in June 2012, we have started accumulating them again. We have around $650 already for our April 2014 trip!

It's great to read that someone else does this. Going back to the literal envelope systems brought us back out of debt. For our household, the cash system (even if it appears to others as credit card) is the way to go!

For us too....I live by the envelopes! it's a great way to not overspend for us... if it's not in there, it doesn't get bought.(unless it's something unforseen or an emergency) :goodvibes

I have the basic card, with about $730 right now on my main card (I have a secondary card with about $40). This after buying park hoppers for all 4 of us last summer at Disneyland using rewards and spending some at WDW last fall.

I have been saving Disney Dream Dollars since April 2011 and currently have $809 in rewards. I upgraded to Premier last year. Like others, I use this card to pay for nearly everything and pay off the balance each month. I have never paid any interest on this card.

I have the regular one - not Premier. Right now I am up to about $245. I usually have about $500 per year. I use the $$ towards my DVC annual dues

We earn about $500 a year in DRD. Last year we used them toward a stay at the Grand Californian. This year I can't decide whether to use them towards our WDW 2 day tickets or save them up and hope for a DL trip in Oct.

i have the regular visa. i have been using it since sept 2010 and have 450.oo points formour dec vacation.

if i upgraded to the premier card could i downgrade after our trip?

will our disney trip pay me at 2%.

16 people in 5 rooms wih 5 day park pass and airfare....all bought on that card could give me some serious points back

is that how it works?

To each his own on the best way to earn free stuff. IMO Disney Premier is superior because I use that those Reward Dollars on something very valuable to me ...a WDW Vacation. The 49.00 fee is paid for in 1-2 months so 10 months of extra rewards :cool1: I paid my DVC club dues and earned 2% which if you look at that a ceratin way reduces my annual dues. Frankly I fly United always so I got the Chase/United Premier card 95.00 fee but gives you free luggage for 2 people . Round trip that's a 100.00 value So I'm up 5 bucks on just 1 trip in a year, not too mention some other card perks. By charging EVERYTHING in my life (and being smart and lucky enough to be paying it off each month) I earn a lot . It's free , the CC companies offer it so I take advantage.Everyone should if they can. Have about 1500.00 for my May trip with 2 billing cycles to go !!:dance3:

i have the regular visa. i have been using it since sept 2010 and have 450.oo points formour dec vacation.

if i upgraded to the premier card could i downgrade after our trip?

will our disney trip pay me at 2%.

16 people in 5 rooms wih 5 day park pass and airfare....all bought on that card could give me some serious points back

is that how it works?

You must keep the premier card for a full year before downgrading, but it sounds like it would be beneficial to you to at least try it for a year. You would earn 2% on your trip. Even our preorder for Photopass earned 2% last year. :goodvibes

I have had the premiere one since July. I had just over 300$ earned for our October trip. After that I just cashed out in Feb for our DL trip and got 450$ for that trip. I just paid for my roof on my card and currently have 150$ already!:cool1: My goal for next year is to have enough to buy groceries for our DVC unit and a dinner at Be Our guest for my dd hs graduation celebration for the entire group of people! It's so easy I just put EVERYTHING on that card and pay it every 2 weeks when DH and I get paid!

I have had the premiere one since July. I had just over 300$ earned for our October trip. After that I just cashed out in Feb for our DL trip and got 450$ for that trip. I just paid for my roof on my card and currently have 150$ already!:cool1: My goal for next year is to have enough to buy groceries for our DVC unit and a dinner at Be Our guest for my dd hs graduation celebration for the entire group of people! It's so easy I just put EVERYTHING on that card and pay it every 2 weeks when DH and I get paid!

How can you buy groceries with rewards? :confused3

How can you buy groceries with rewards? :confused3
DVC has its own grocery delivery service for members. You pay for it through member services and they take rewards cards and gift cards as a form of payment. The selection is limited.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter