How Many Days???

jstouder

Mouseketeer
Disney I can do in my sleep by now but Universal is new to us. Can we see just about everything in three days?

Yep, when are you going and are you staying onsite.......

If you really don't know much about Universal start by reading the stickies on here........they have a lot of info about many things including hotels and what perks you get at each. Menus are available for every restaurant in the parks, hotels and Citywalk.

Quick access sticky is full of info extremely helpful to newbies.

www.universalorlando.com check the park layouts and have an idea of what you want to do and rides or shows you may want to miss.

I would say three days is ideal! The HP sections are not huge but they are amazing! having 3 days give you plenty of time to see it all and even see it again! be sure to see the separate sections in the day and at night. They are so pretty at night....especially Diagon Ally. Also by having 3 days, if a ride breaks down one day, you can ride it the next day instead. In order to see it all, plan to arrive early. We usually got in line to enter ht park about 30 mins before it opened. the HP sections fill up FAST! We focused on one park on the first morning and them the other park the next morning.

The short answer is "yes, three days is enough." Many here do longer stays and consider three days as the minimum. Feel free to ask more questions with details on your trip and we will help out.

If you're not doing Volcano Bay, 3 days is plenty. However, some prefer more and stay around the hotels and pools. If you're purely going for the parks, 3 days is more than enough.

Highly recommend staying at one of the hotels that does Express Passes as well, and look into annual pass rates for said hotels (there's a sticky posted here). It looks like you're in Orlando a lot based on your signature so an AP might be worth it for you.

AS others have stated depends on when and plans. I have gone to the parks multiple times adn done 3 days each time and that was plenty. Gave a day each to focus on each park and a third day to hit up everything you want to do another time boefre leaving. However now with Volcano Bay open that would eat up more time. And if you want some time to relax around the resorts and visit CityWalk more factor that in. Overall I'd say you could cover the parks at a brisk pace in a couple days and a third for Volcano Bay. But if you want a bit mroe relaxed stay I'd try to do 4 or 5 days.

I agree 3 days is enough for the US and IOA parks, especially if you have an EP. Volcano Bay is also a possibility which takes more time. After numerous Disney trips, I tend to spend more time at Universal these days. My next 2 trips I am spending 3 nights at Disney and 5 at Universal. I love the relaxed atmosphere and spending time at the pools. I have APs for both Disney and Universal this year, probably not renewing the Disney AP but upgraded to a 3 park AP at Universal.

The best thing about Universal is that you can do it in 3 days and 3 weeks.

You will have fun for 3 days, no question. But going on every ride, and more importantly taking it all in, might take more than 3 days.

We did 3 days two years ago. This past Nov we had 4 park days. We still haven't done everything we meant to do. Three days is good. Four was good too (but it was during the holidays so there was more to do). I could live in the Potter areas so maybe I'm a bad example. And the kids LOVED camp Jurassic and we let them spend about 2 hours there over 2 days. We did also take a half day out for pool time each trip. I would consider 3 the min but we are not checking the "Done" box types so we'll do things more than once if we like them. If you get bored with theme parks easily I wouldn't go more than 3. If you're willing to hang out and enjoy things multiple times, I would say 3 is the min.

I consider three days a . . . start. Easily, one full day for each park, to allow sufficient time to really take them in and experience everything, including one day for Volcano Bay (gotta remember to consider that one as a full fledged park). That leaves zero time to explore the resorts, Citywalk, make repeat visits to favorites, maybe a resort pool day, mini golf, and my favorite - water rides at the parks followed by pool time at a resort.

As others have pointed out, where are you staying? That makes a difference, on or off site. Lots more time to explore if staying on site.

Much like Disney there is a "tired" factor here - how much do you want to do in a day? If you like a casual schedule three days is not enough. If you are a commando, maybe three is enough, but you end up exhausted trying to squeeze in everything.

Personally, we stay at least five nights and even then we leave a lot undone. Someday I want to do a Schumi - 19 nights. Now we're talking . . .

Like some others have said, 3 days is a good start

I do a couple trips each year
The fall trip i stay a couple of weeks
and I’m just getting started after my third night there...

But 3 days is great for your first stay there

You can get a whole lot done and your second trip you’ll explore more of the grounds at the darkside

City Walk and the other hotels are things to add on for your next trip there

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter