How Many Days?

Frozen2014

DIS Veteran
I know many go to Disney World for 10+ days at a time. When we went last year, we had 4.5 days and coverend 3 of the 4 parks. My kids and I could have done more (not sure about DH...lol).

From what I understand Disneyland is different as it's condensed into two parks that are side by side.

How many days are (1) minimum, and (2) maximum?

If the answer makes a difference, our kids are currently 10.5 and 6 years, and if we did Disneyland, it would be in a few years (but nothing wrong with early planning)

You will get very different answers on this. We have done 2 and 3 day trips, but that was back before they redid CA. We did 5 days in 2013 and felt good about what we got done, but I still wanted another day or 2. That's just my style. I like to leave feeling like we've done everything we planed to do. Not once have I gotten bored.

Keep in mind DLR has about as many attractions in 2 parks as WDW has in 4.

Also keep in mind they only sell up to a 5 day ticket, unless you move up to an AP.

We like 5 as well, I almost cut down on the days for our trip next summer but 5 is a lot more relaxing and your not rushing around trying to get everything done! We did 3 our first trip and it was a busy time (Christmas) there was so much we didn't get to do, we basically just rode the rides with short lines I don't even know if we watched any shows or anything besides parades.

We just used the full "allotted" 5 days on our last trip, but my daughter is young and needed breaks. But I also feel like we didn't do everything. I think I'd always shoot for the max 5 when we go in the future.

Our last trip we spent 6 days and could do more.
The truth is posts like these get answers from both people who are content spending 1 or 2 days in the park and others, like me, who cant get enough.
I don't think you can get a definitive answer or one we all agree on because it really depends on you.

I would say it would depend on how much you really want to do and if you repeat rides. I think for a first trip 3 days would be absolute minimum. 4 is better. 5 is best.
But so many of the people on these boards really love Disney parks. We could go for more than 5 days at DLR if they sold a longer ticket. But please remember that DLR is very attraction dense....they have almost the amount of rides that WDW's 4 parks have.

Go for at least a 3 day park hopper. If you aren't staying on site you'll get one Magic Morning and I've found 2.5 to 3 days is sufficient to do most of the park.

When you consider that it's only $40 (well, in park tickets, anyway) to increase from three days to five, it makes complete sense to do it if you have the time available. You will not get bored.

I think this is hard to answer because you're saying you're not planning to go for a few years, and theoretically Star Wars land could be open by the time you go.

If the park is still is it is now, and SW land isn't open yet, I would say a minimum of 3 days and a maximum of 5. We typically do 4 or 5 each trip and are able to do everything at least once and fit in all the main parades and nighttime entertainment.

If SW land is open, depending on how long it has been open by the time you take your trip, that could change those answers to include another day or even two.

I think this is hard to answer because you're saying you're not planning to go for a few years, and theoretically Star Wars land could be open by the time you go.

If the park is still is it is now, and SW land isn't open yet, I would say a minimum of 3 days and a maximum of 5. We typically do 4 or 5 each trip and are able to do everything at least once and fit in all the main parades and nighttime entertainment.

If SW land is open, depending on how long it has been open by the time you take your trip, that could change those answers to include another day or even two.

Which begs the question.... will they start selling tickets longer than 5 days when the new stuff opens? I'm guessing at the rate they are limiting the locals, I bet they won't add anything extra for those on day tickets.

Yes, my DS would sure love that. Hopefully by the time we're ready to go, it will be open.

Great responses. Thank you all.

We always get the maximum park tickets and always always get hoppers.

When we first went it was a 7 day ticket and now its a 5 day one and we never find ourselves wanting to leave.

So you can only buy 5 day park ticket at most? That number sounds good to me but since we only did 4 days plus night at Epcot, not sure we'd do 5 at Disneyland. But, if its the same number of attractions, how come the time spent is less?

Love to stay 5 days or more on every trip. With the advent of the 60th Anniversary and other crowds, I suspect that even this will not be enough this year. While DLR is only 2 Parks compared to WDW, there is just about as much to do. The nice part is you can park hop in about 5 minutes, and be in the other park. This is a hoot as we hop back and forth all day (YES get park hoppers).
At a very minimum 3 days with Park hopper option.

We just came back from a 6-day-in-the-parks trip (a 5-day, plus a 1-day, both from Airmiles.ca). 6 days was just about right for us, as we got to see all the major shows and we hit most of the rides more than a few times.

We do find that early entry / magic mornings do make a huge difference; last week we did as many rides in the first hour as the rest of the day (especially on the busier days). Also maximizing fast passes is a huge win. This year we even grabbed fast passes in both parks to get more rides in, as it was pretty busy around Veterans day (and the weekend before).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter