How many days to plan in the Magic Kingdom?

Murfee17

Been there,Done that,Going back!
We are going December 10-17. Me, DH, DM and our almost 3 year old daughter. We plan on 1 day in AK, HS, and EP. Our arrival day will just be at the resort and Disney Springs. I have also put an off day in there.
We will be taking breaks during the day. We have a park hopper. Just wondering if 2 days will be enough in the Magic Kingdom for my DD or should I half some of the other days for MK?

Thanks

A two day plan sounds fine for now. Having ph gives you the flexibility to not really worry about your parks since you can change things depending on your mood, the weather, etc....Since you have a ph, you might just want to start a third day at MK and hop over to HS later for fireworks or Fantasmic.

I think 2 days in MK will be fine if you have a good plan in place. You won't get every.single.thing in, but you never will.

Why do you have a park hopper if you weren't planning to hop? It seems like from your plan above you planed one park per day? That said, if you already have the hopper, then I certainly think hitting MK in the afternoon/evenings after breaks would be fun. You'll probably be done early on your HS day since the 3 y.o. probably isn't tall enough for RnR or ToT. So you could pop over to MK in the evening to do a couple M&G, or some shows you hadn't been able to get into your tour, etc.

I think 2 days in MK is plenty. This last trip we did three days and it was too many.

See, I'd love 3 days. I'd feel like I could RD, stay til 3 or 4pm, then leave and relax at the resort 2 days. Then on the 3rd day, get there late, do our 3 FP+, and just meander and enjoy the atmosphere before nighttime entertainment. But we haven't been able to make 3 days work in our last 2 trips. Someday!

We love 2 full days and one nighttime so our time in MK is not rushed. Not sure how crowded it will be when you go but we always go when it is somewhat crowded so we love to go one night late - around 8pm and do some of the rides in tomorrowland without much of a wait and do some shopping.

Depends on the pace you want to go at. This past trip, we did 3 MK days. The first day we stayed all day with no break. The other two days were very laid back. We did our FP+'s, rode anything that might have a short wait, and took an afternoon break at the resort. Then we'd come back in the evening when it was much cooler. It was a very nice pace for us, especially with my wife being pregnant.

See, I'd love 3 days. I'd feel like I could RD, stay til 3 or 4pm, then leave and relax at the resort 2 days. Then on the 3rd day, get there late, do our 3 FP+, and just meander and enjoy the atmosphere before nighttime entertainment. But we haven't been able to make 3 days work in our last 2 trips. Someday!

This is what I'm planning on our next and possibly last trip! We might even do 4-5 days at MK but do a much different touring style than we've ever done (slower and enjoy more than just rides). I can't wait to try it!

A two day plan sounds fine for now. Having ph gives you the flexibility to not really worry about your parks since you can change things depending on your mood, the weather, etc....Since you have a ph, you might just want to start a third day at MK and hop over to HS later for fireworks or Fantasmic.
flexibility at Disney is kinda scary to me. Lol. But I have a little one so that is going to be the word of our vacation
I think 2 days in MK is plenty. This last trip we did three days and it was too many.
Thank you!
I think 2 days in MK will be fine if you have a good plan in place. You won't get every.single.thing in, but you never will.

Why do you have a park hopper if you weren't planning to hop? It seems like from your plan above you planed one park per day? That said, if you already have the hopper, then I certainly think hitting MK in the afternoon/evenings after breaks would be fun. You'll probably be done early on your HS day since the 3 y.o. probably isn't tall enough for RnR or ToT. So you could pop over to MK in the evening to do a couple M&G, or some shows you hadn't been able to get into your tour, etc.
The PH is a product of free dining. This will be our first time using it. I might utilize it or I might not
I know I wish I had the days to do all the parks like that!
We love 2 full days and one nighttime so our time in MK is not rushed. Not sure how crowded it will be when you go but we always go when it is somewhat crowded so we love to go one night late - around 8pm and do some of the rides in tomorrowland without much of a wait and do some shopping.
I'm hoping she will stay up late at least once or twice to see the fireworks
Depends on the pace you want to go at. This past trip, we did 3 MK days. The first day we stayed all day with no break. The other two days were very laid back. We did our FP+'s, rode anything that might have a short wait, and took an afternoon break at the resort. Then we'd come back in the evening when it was much cooler. It was a very nice pace for us, especially with my wife being pregnant.
Thank you!

Thanks everyone. I wonder if I should make lunch or breakfast adr's and fastpasses for before our break. That way after our rest we can just do whatever we want. I have never park hopped but think it might be the way to go since we are going to have a break anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter