How many days should be distributed for each park?

davidc1

Mouseketeer
Hello. Going to WDW for 14 nights in Aug/Sept and would like to know how many days does it take to see MK, Epcot, Animal Kingdom, and Hollywood Studios. How should I distribute my days into seeing the four theme parks?

You've asked a question that really depends on the interests and touring styles of the visitors.

We've never gone for more than 1 week at a time. We do MK 2 days, EP 2 days, AK 1 day, DS 1 day, and have a rest/Downtown Disney day.

But that's just us! YMMV.

For 14 days, I'd have to add in the Waterparks and More Option.

Happy Planning!

Kerri

Hello. Going to WDW for 14 nights in Aug/Sept and would like to know how many days does it take to see MK, Epcot, Animal Kingdom, and Hollywood Studios. How should I distribute my days into seeing the four theme parks?

Really depends on who is going to be there... if you have kids then you would spend more time in MK than if you didn't have kids... Epcot tends to be more adult oriented and kids will be bored in it more than MK... I would say you would spend 10% at Animal, 20% at Hollywood, 30% at Epcot and 40% at MK... if you have kids on the trip.

If you are just adults on a trip then cut down on the MK and bump up the Epcot.

Also if you are going to be there as late as September 13th you could also do the Halloween party at MK, which is probably their best special park event.

No kids on this trip....just me and my gf who enjoy Disney a lot! We are from California and we love the Disneyland in Anaheim. So even if we don't have kids, we love to see the MK in Florida lol. And I know 14 days is a lot of days just for theme parks but we won't be at the theme parks everyday. I'm thinking of getting the 10 day park tickets so how would you distribute that amount between the four theme parks? Water parks aren't out interests but should I also visit the water parks too just to check it out? Any advice is good!!

We are rope drop commandos - so one full day at each park will be more than suffice. I always admire those who can take long vacations especially at Disney. I admit, I just don't know how? :upsidedow

As a semi-frequent visitor (and off peak visitor), I only need to allocate 1 day to MK, 1 to Epcot, and a split day at DHS/AK. For you, I would probably recommend 2 days at MK, 2 days at Epcot, 1 full day at DHS, 1 full day at AK, and then *maybe* a 7th day to hop between DHS/AK again or to go to a favorite park again if you do not want to park hopper option. You're going during a somewhat slow time, so you'll be able to accomplish a lot in little time. To fill out the other days, some ideas are mini-golf, Downtown Disney, the Boardwalk hotel (they have somewhat of a nightlife scene - Jellyrolls is a popular spot).

Wow, with 14 days - you have NOTHING to worry about.

I suggest the first 4 days are:

Day 1: Magic Kingdom
Day 2: Epcot
Day 3: Hollywood Studios
Day 4: Animal Kingdom

(or any variation of the above)

Day's 5 - 14: Pick up what ever you feel you need more time in.

Honestly though - Epcot and MK are definitely 2 day parks.

But with all those days, you can do everything multiple times, and take it slow and easy to really enjoy the small details.

Without kids, I would suggest just getting a park hopper, and then completely play it by ear. If you are having a great time at a single park, stay there. But if you feel like moving on to another, do that. It will certainly make setting up your ADRs a lot easier. :goodvibes

Let's see, my in almost 3 weeks distribution will be something like:
MK: 1 full day, 2 half days, 3 party nights
Epcot: 1 full day, 1 3/4 day, 2 half days, 1 PM EMH
DHS: 1 full day, 1 half day, 1 PM EMH
AK: 2 full days, 1 half day (Note: AK has shorter full days)

And that's over 10 days :p.

Typically, I go for a roughly 2:1.5:1.5:1 ratio of Epcot:MK:AK:DHS. Of course, it's never that thought out really, just Epcot has better restaurants and my camera loves AK.

We're hoping to not tucker out the kids (5 and 1 1/2) so we'll do I day MK, 1 AK and 1/2 Downtown Disney. Don't think they would appreciate Epcot yet. We're also off resort so there is traveling too.

We spend 2 days at Magic Kingdom....1day usually from 9am until 5pm and then another day 2pm until fireworks. I think you need 2 days there.

Animal Kingdom is a 1 day park for us.... Usually 9am until 4pm
Hollywood Studios we like to take 2 days to do, but split it up over 1/2 days. One day is first half of the day and the 2nd visit is for the PM hours (usually 4pm until we to see Fantasmic) You could probably see everything in 1full day, but if you want to see it all, it's hard to time all the shows to fit it all in.

Epcot is a 1day park for us...usually 6 hrs TOPS... but that's just us.

We have kids though so it might be different for you.

We are in the middle of a 14 week trip...we got 10 day passes with water park option. We did -3 MK, 3 Epcot, 2 AK, 2 HS, 1 BB, 1 TL and one day day totally off (also off on arrival/departure days)...worked beautifully for us!

We are in the middle of a 14 week trip...we got 10 day passes with water park option. We did -3 MK, 3 Epcot, 2 AK, 2 HS, 1 BB, 1 TL and one day day totally off (also off on arrival/departure days)...worked beautifully for us!

This is my dream trip!! :cloud9:

The last time we went, we had 4 kids and 10 day passes. We did 2 days AK, 2 days EP, 2 days HS and 4 days MK. It worked out perfectly for us. We also had days inbetween where we went to DTD or went shopping, to the beach, or stayed on site and relaxed.

Thanks for the replies! I think I'll go with 3 for MK, 3 for Epcot, 2 for HDS and 2 AK. I'll prob use the day of arrival as a rest day and the remaining 3 for hotel/pool time and a visit to Downtown Disney.

we are doing 10 days so 2 mk 2 ep 1hs and 1 ak with some off days to enjoy the pools watercrafts etc...if i was there for 14 i might add on universal or sea world plus some dtd time ,maybe a waterpark or minature golfing?

We usually do 10 days because we like to do everything and our favorites more than once. We also like to take it slow and enjoy the small things that you can't do when you are going comando. We are planning afternoon rests that will be relaxing in the room and swimming for adults while DD does some if the work she is missing from school. When we went on our honeymoon we took it really easy and would go for romantic moonlight swims etc. We didn't have to be at rope drop, running to everything or felt like we missed anything. Keeping the relaxing touring in mind we do 3 days each MK and EPCOT. 2 each Ak and HS. These are usually mixed days. Start at MK then after our rest go to EPCOT etc. There are also things like the mini-golf, looking at resorts while having a meal there, renting boats, watching the lighted boat parade, and downtown Disney. Enjoy and take time to sit back and really feel Disney.

Thanks for the replies! I think I'll go with 3 for MK, 3 for Epcot, 2 for HDS and 2 AK. I'll prob use the day of arrival as a rest day and the remaining 3 for hotel/pool time and a visit to Downtown Disney.

We went for 15 days/14 night in July 2009 and will again in Oct this year. It is wonderful to have so much time! :cloud9: Like you, our plan was and is 3 days MK, 3 days Epcot, 2 days DHS, 2 days AK. :thumbsup2 We don't plan all full days, though - one day we did MK rope drop-4ish, another day we arrived at noon and stayed for Wishes.

My DBF is not a RD person and having so much time allows us to compromise. We did RD at MK, DHS and Epcot one or two times each and caught the headliners. The rest of the days we arrived between 10am and noon to watch shows, parades and do "filler attractions". This time around, we will do the same. We also sometimes used and will use Park Hoppers to switch parks after a midday break - e.g. start with MK RD, take a break mid-afternoon and hop to DHS to catch Fantasmic! :goodvibes

This year, we'll throw in a day at Universal to see WWoHP and we will do MNSSHP twice so won't enter the parks till 4pm. This leaves us with plenty downtime since we also won't be at the parks all day every day - and that pace suits us just fine. Going commando for 15 days would kill me for sure!! :rotfl2:

Two straight weeks at WDW would be a dream come true for me. We typically do one week stays. I saw that you won't be traveling with children, so I'll have to think back to recall what that was like. I guess if it was me, and I had the budget to do whatever I wanted, my two week vacation without kids would look like this;

I'd pick up annual passes with our DVC discount, get a Tables in Wonderland card, stay at the Beach Club in a 1BR Villa and get a rental car. I'd split the days in half, with the mornings being in the park of our choice and then back to the room for swimming in the afternoon or perhaps some resort exploring. For Dinners, I'd probably head to one of the countries in Epcot, do a couple of dinner shows and go off property to a couple of our favorite places.

In terms of how many days at which parks, I'd probably do 4 days at the MK, two days at the AK, two days at DHS and two days at Epcot. That would leave three full days for exploring or going off property - so I'd probably try to do a day at Cape Canaveral and have another at one of the water parks with a private cabana.

I second the vote for park hoppers and playing it by ear. That gives you the freedom to change your mind and/or to go back and revisit things you really liked. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter