How many "days off" do you take at WDW?

Asnell

Mouseketeer
Planning our trip to WDW and I'm wondering how many days to get theme park tickets. We'll be there for 7 nights (arriving in the evening on day 0 and departing on a 5pm flight on day 8). At first glance, that seems like 7 park days, but I'm wondering if folks usually find they want a day or more without any theme parks.

The price difference from 6 days to 7 days is so small ($9 per person) that it seems worth it just in case we want to enter a park. But I'm also getting the Water Park & More option, since the upcharge for that is less than a single admission to Disney Quest, which my kids will want to do. That gives us water park options if we want them, but we're visiting in January, so I doubt we will.

Would you get the full 7 day pass, or do you usually give yourself a "rest" day without park admission when you visit for a full week?

I would rather more days and be able to take them a bit easier. If I have 2 MK days, I can watch wishes on one night and leave during night time parade for the other or 2 EP nights, I can use one for RD and one for later arrival and illuminations (just examples.)
We do not take a break from parks for a day, we do a few hours of pool time most days(when on site.)

We usually go for 11 or 12 days, and only take 1 day off as a resort day. On parks days, we don't go all day though, we take a mid-day break for a swim and shower, then head out to a nice dinner. :goodvibes

We usually go for 10-11 days. We don't take any days "off" but often do some half days or long afternoon breaks.

We usually have non park days, since we typically stay 8 days or more. But not when we're there during the winter. We find that we don't get as tired in the cooler weather. And the park hours are generally quite a bit shorter, so we are back at the resort earlier in the evenings. The end result is that we get sufficient rest without taking a day off.

However, if you think you may be able to get value from the WP&M options, there is little point in buying 7 day park tickets. If you decide during your stay that you would like an extra day or 2 in the parks, you can add them at that time.

Personally, I would get the full 7 day ticket... if there is a day or more, where it rains most or even half the day, there may be things you did not get to do, or skipped because of the rain... and if there is lighting,ect, sometimes rides are shut down, ect... you may be glad in the end you have the extra time...
...besides the regret of spending the extra money is usually less than the regret of missing something and always wishing you got to do _________ on the trip.

No days off, no breaks, very little rest. We hit the parks, and we hit them hard. Even the two-year-old. If we do a seven-night stay, we almost always have eight-day PHs. We love going straight to a park right after checking in and just soaking in the Disney magic. We also go to the parks on departure day to wring as much as we can out of every minute.

However, for our upcoming trip, we are traveling with family members who are more "relax and take it easy" types. It should be...interesting.

Never been before, but this is our plan for June with 10 day park hoppers. We are there for 13 nights. We would have got more than 10 days, but that was the most we could get.

Arrival- flight lands after 6pm so just check in
4 park days
1 day off
4 park days
1 day off
2 park days
Leave- plane leaves around 4pm so sleep in, eat breakfast, probably go to DTD for a little while.

We are going for 10 days on our next trip, and only doing 6 days in the parks.

If you're not sure, I'd buy six-day tickets for now, knowing you can add that seventh day later for $9. Why spend the extra money (even though it's not very much) if you're not sure? If you save $9 per ticket multiplied by four or five tickets, that could buy a nice souvenir!

I don't take days off, but, sometimes, I go back to the hotel and take a swim. I might even throw showers in there. But with the magical days we can have there, I never like to rest and stay at the hotel for a day. That's for when we're home :rotfl:

Our ideal is 2 park days/non-park day (rest, pool, DTD or waterpark).
Rinse.. Repeat for length of trip.

This would be for trips where weather is warmer and suitable for swimming and park hours are longer.

During January (never been then), I could see only taking one non park day midweek as hours are shorter and it would be too cold (for me) to swim.

We usually go 10 days at a time and don't take an off day. We have days that are shorter like our AK days so we relax then. We go in the fall, if we went in the summer I'm sure we would do things differently. We have a pool in our yard at home, at Disney we want to play.

We don't.we used to park hop like crazy but now with a toddler, we stopped that to make it easier.

We take it easy on day after arrival day and don't do rope drop ( I know, blasphemy) one or two days.

Also, we are trying something new this year. Doing DTD and t-Rex for lunch on he day after son has seen all four parks. At that point we are going to ask him what park he wants to go to.

We usually stay for 14 days, and we also have WP/DQ days. In AP years we never skip the parks entirely, no matter how long we spend at WDW - even if it is only to go into a park for dinner and the night show (Wishes, Illuminations or Fantasmic). When we do not have APs, we buy 10 Day hoppers with WP&M and we would have 4 days with no parks.

I don't take any days off or breaks when I'm in Disney...but I do go at a slower pace and take it easy. I prefer the more relaxed pace and going with the flow vs running around trying to fit EVERYTHING in. Don't get me wrong...I still always get done everything I want and hit my favorites up multiple times...but I like having every day be a park day. The extra days in the parks (instead of rest days) allow me the opportunity to sleep a little later (if I feel like it) or leave the parks earlier (if I feel like it) or to just sit and soak up the atmosphere whenever I feel like it without feeling like there's something I am not getting done by "just sitting." This includes arrival and departure days too...I plan my flights so I land at MCO around 11am and leave at about 8pm on departure day...that means I get to go to parks on both days and stretch my park time even further. :)

Everyone's different...but I would go with the extra day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter