How many days at Disneyland?

My 19 year old and I try to make it to DL once a year. We always get 5 day hopper. Gives us enough time where we are not in a rush to do and see everything, take an afternoon break/nap/swim and have a wonderful time.

I was actually thinking of 4 or 5 days...2 days at each park, an evening or two at Downtown Disney and then maybe adding an extra day at whichever park is our favorite. Would that be TOO much time there?
No! If you can swing it take 5 park days. :)We always end up with an AP. This trip will be 6 days. But we have 2 babies.

Last edited:
I also agree with some of the previous posters that hopping is essential. For us anyway! We love the ability to hop. We go for 5-7 days usually and for us, we can never have too much time there!! We like to go, fully relax and enjoy ourselves without feeling rushed. There is so much to see and do that 4 or 5 days would in no way be too much :) Enjoy your trip!!

We started with 3 days, moved up to 5 days and then last year we got AP's so we could spend 6 days. The more time you spend the more relaxing the trip is becuase you get past this point where you think you have to get things done.

Last edited:

I would say that the minimum amount of time you would need is 2.5 days with a park hopper! That was the length of our first trip there this summer, and it was just enough time to squeeze everything that we wanted to do in, but it would have been great to have 3 or 4 full days!

I think 3 days is sufficient for what you want, but I would really reconsider the park hopper. Maybe it's optional at WDW, but really important at DL IMHO.

Since this is your first trip to California, I'd give Disneyland three days, depending how long you're going to be here), and upgrade to a park hopper on the last day so you can concentrate on your favorites. If you have a longer vacation out here and can dedicate more time to Disneyland then four days should be good for a first-time visit.

Let us know if you'd like info on various sites. We have some very knowledgeable locals who are always willing to help. :)

Four day, non-hopper would be my recommendation.

That's what my husband and I did. We didn't get to do absolutely everything we wanted to do as many times as we wanted to do them, primarily due to the "grad night" crowds and the various closures in Disneyland (which obviously make the remaining rides / attractions more popular). But, I think it was a good amount of time in the parks. We did two days at each park.

I had no problem seeing everything I wanted to see on a 3 day trip. I am one of those guys that will get there at ropedrop and leave at close, and use magic hours to my advantage. And, the hopper is well worth it at Disneyland.

We went in May after not being there in 20 yrs. and had 5day PH. As others have said PH is really worth it. You only go through security once to get to the promenade between the 2 parks so no time wasted in line for security to get between parks. Another advantage for us (DH & I) you can hold a FP for a ride in each park as they aren't connected. We went this year around the same time as you. They have something called grad night where graduates (seemed to be from any age) get into the parks at a reduced rate a few days each week starting in May so there were a few days that Disneyland was so crowded we hopped to DCA

We're going for six days, including arrival and departure days. Got a five-day hopper, plus a day at Universal.

I've found that 5 day parkhoppers work best for us. In our case, that means early travel, get in the parks around noon the first day. Then 3 full days. Then on the last day, leave around 3 and take a later flight home. We do enjoy the ability to hop to CA when DCA gets full; and we also enjoy the leisure to get out of the parks when it's hot and crowded midday, and go back to the hotel for a rest. With 5 day parkhoppers, you have plenty of time to see and do what you want, without rushing it or withstanding the busiest part of the day.

I've found that 5 day parkhoppers work best for us. In our case, that means early travel, get in the parks around noon the first day. Then 3 full days. Then on the last day, leave around 3 and take a later flight home. We do enjoy the ability to hop to CA when DCA gets full; and we also enjoy the leisure to get out of the parks when it's hot and crowded midday, and go back to the hotel for a rest. With 5 day parkhoppers, you have plenty of time to see and do what you want, without rushing it or withstanding the busiest part of the day.

Pretty much exactly what we're doing in a couple weeks. :)

4 to 5 days for a first timer. And like everyone has already said, you NEED a park hopper at Disneyland.

We're going in January for 3 full days. We have young children and were planning on getting 3 day non hopper OR get a 4 day non-hopper and just use 2 tickets on the last day (in case we want to go back to things at each park). I saw someone wrote that you can upgrade base ticket to park hopper? Whats the price for that, if we were going to do that on the last day? Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter