How many comps have you recieved?

We are here this week and my friend checked in to her room at CBR to find both night stand drawers containing "adult" toys. Ahem. They called for a manager who came and casually picked them up with his bare hands and left without so much as an apology. What if kids had found those! Gross! :)

Maybe they were his. :scared1:

At Disney, I was in Club Cool and the floor was so sticky my flip flops broke. The CMs in Club Cool could not have cared less. I went to MouseGears, where they were super helpful and gave me a new pair of flip flops for free. Cheapy Mickey flip flops aren't exactly a replacement for Havaianas, but I REALLY appreciated it. I sent Disney an email letting them know much I appreciated the free flip flops and how awesome the MouseGears CMs were. I also added that they really should make cleaning the floors in Club Cool more of a priority. That was June 2013, when I was on a business trip. I got a call from a Disney rep who was super apologetic about the incident and asked when I'd be returning to Disney. My next trip was September 2013 and when we came to our room after our first day, we had a bunch of snacks in a nice red cooler. I sent the rep I spoke with on the phone an email thanking her profusely. It was totally unnecessary.
Outside of Disney, I received my entire 1-night stay at a hotel comped. I was at the hotel for a wedding and SO much went wrong. No available parking was bad enough, but not something I would have complained about. What made me complain was an article of clothing getting stolen. I was given the run around by lower level employees until I finally got to talk to the general manager. I did not say I expected/wanted compensation, but I let her know how frustrated I was. She was awesome, totally understood, and said she'd refund half the cost of the room, which was more than the clothing was worth. When I checked my credit card, though, she actually had refunded everything.

We stayed at the Poly last October, and had A LOT of problems getting our Magic Bands and room cards to work. It took us an hour to check in, all due to the magic band issue. We were told then that the backup room cards weren't available temporarily due to some type of system issue. My husband and 3 yr old went back and forth 2 or 3 times while we checked in trying to get into the room, and each time no luck, even though the CM kept trying our bands and saying they should be programmed. We finally thought it was all good, went to our room and then headed out to dinner. When we got back at maybe 9-ish neither our magic bands or keys to the world (that they had finally been able to give us) would let us into our room. So we headed back with our HUGE double stroller (didn't use that again next trip. Hello, 2 umbrella strollers!) and were met by the same CM who felt terrible and had a passing manager walk us to the room and let us in. She said she would fix it and get us new bands and cards. Sure enough, maybe 30 min later she came up to our room and had it fixed. We had to use new grey bands instead of the colored ones we chose, but at least they worked for the rest of the trip. It really wasn't that big of a deal, especially because we were club level and all of this happened between the club concierge and our room on the 3rd floor. It would have been much more frustrating if we had been trudging back and forth between the grand ceremonial house and our longhouse, as well as standing up at the front desk with 2 little kids for an hour to check in. As it was my husband took the 3 yr old to the lounge while we checked in. we never complained throughout, not even in a polite way, if you know what I mean :thumbsup2. I guess I was in a good mood to be checking in to the Poly and we had a spectacular TPV room despite paying for LV. My husband, who is actually by far the least likely of the 2 of us to complain, was starting to get exasperated and made a few comments about not feeling the magic, where is the magic in this, etc. (only to me, not to anyone else). He was just getting tired of lugging a 3 yr old and a 6 month old back and forth, and just wanted to get to bed. After the wonderful CM brought us new magic bands and KTTW cards, she said she had also refunded out first nights stay. That was very unexpected, actually I thought more than would have been appropriate for the issue, and such a nice touch. It also was probably smart of them - we had 8 nights in a very expensive room, and instead of having a take home of how irritating the first night went, we have a take home of getting a free night for our troubles. it left a much better taste in our mouths, and instead of complaining about the experience if it ever comes up we say how nice the CM was and how happy we were with how it was handled. In addition, they actually comped that exact night instead of 1/8 of our stay. That night was Saturday, and the most expensive of the 8, and that's what we got credited on our account. The CM was Sabra, and she actually checked us in again when we stayed there again 2 weeks ago and remembered us. She was so nice and helpful that night, which made all of the difference when dealing with an irritating situation.

October 2012, we stayed at All Star Sports. On the 2nd to last day of our trip, DD12 took off her lanyard of pin trading pins (about 20 pins collected over the past 3 days) and set them on one of the large letters at the front of the resort so I could take a picture of her without the pins. The bus to our park comes and we quickly gather the kids and jump on the bus. I notice DD12 is looking sad and her pins are missing. Uh oh, I think she has forgotten them!

Turns out that wasn't the case. After I took her picture, she went to retrieve her lanyard (they were behind her, inside the letter) and witnessed a member of a very large tour group pick up her lanyard, examine it, and place it around their own neck. DD was timid and did not want to confront the *adult* member of the tour group and we were already on the bus by the time I noticed it. Completely not Disney's fault....

Upon our return from the park, I approached the front desk and asked if they could contact the leader of whichever tour group was wearing XYZ t-shirts (I forget what they looked like, but I described the matching shirts every member of the group was wearing), to have them ask the group members if they had picked up the lanyard and could they please return it. I was hoping somebody's guilty conscience would get the best of them.

The person at the desk apologized for the incident and reported that the tour group had checked out that morning! DD was devastated, but then the CM sprinkled a bit of pixie dust! She told DD to go into the gift shop and pick out ANY Pin Lanyard and Starter pin set (approx $35 value) that she wanted for free. Additionally, she gave DD a newly released CM only pin to add to her collection. It didn't completely replace the 20 or so pins that DD had lost, but the pixie dust certainly made things a lot better. We <3 Disney!

Not exactly a comp.....but once they screwed up our dinner reservations...we showed up to find we were not listed....they realized their mistake....they made reservations at another restaurant, of our choosing based upon availability that same evening....on the house!
Was actually quite the upgrade too from our original plans....
When we showed up at the new venue, we were treated like royalty....they really went out of their way! We were very impressed!

We were still billed for the alcohol, and of course a gracious tip!

We got terrible service at Mama Melrose once. We didn't get seated for an hour after our ADR and had extremely slow service. Anyway we did not complain bc my wife and I both served and have been there. Our server gave us preferred fantasmic viewing area. I guess it's not really a comp bc it doesn't cost disney anything but the CM realized what was going on and tried to make it right. We appreciated it.

We still won't go back to Mama Melrose again tho but I think it's bc the food wasn't that great either and there is so many great restaurants in the world. I think if it was one of our go to's we wouldn't let the experience stop us from going back.

We haven't had any issues at any of the resorts we stayed at.

On our last trip, we were on PoTC when it broke down. We were stuck in the mermaid room for at least 30 minutes. When we got off, CMs were standing there handing everyone a Super FP for any attraction except Belle.

That was the closest thing we ever received to any kind of comp.

We got comped $200 once for our stay at POR. It was a disaster. Waited about an hour and a half hour at check in. Put in room that was one of the furthest from the lobby (but at the time, I thought that was no big deal as we don't usually go to the lobby much). First night we got back around 8, our keys would not work. Hiked to the front desk. Waited in line for about 1/2 hour. Couldn't help me, went to guest services and waited another 1/2 hour. Finally got new keys. They wouldn't work. Went back to front desk. They had maintenance go & open the door (it is now after 10pm after traveling since 6am with 3 kids, 8, 6 & 2).

Next night, we have the same problem. Go to guest services, wait in line for another 1/2 hour. They say keys work fine. Go back to room, keys don't work, back to GS, and again, have to get maintenance out to open the door. They say it's a problem with the lock, and should now be fixed. Want to go to the pool that night but are honestly afraid to leave the room. DH leaves the next morning for a conference elsewhere in FL. Kids & I go back to hotel in the evening to change for princess dinner in Epcot. Get to room & can't get in again. Drag all 3 kids to Guest services. Line is a mile long. CM checks keys, tells me they should be all set. Go back to room, they don't work!

Go back to GS & wait in line again (we have now missed our ressie). CM tells me again the keys are fine. I mention my room number & she says that we are not assigned to that room, we are in room XYZ. I say "no, we are in room ABC". She proceeds to tells me I am wrong and that "I couldn't possibly in room ABC because it's closed for servicing so there is no way we are staying in that room". I ask to speak to a manager. After about 1/2 an hour one is finally available. Goes in the back & keeps coming out asking me if I am sure about what room I am in. Finally after about another 45 minutes they figure it out. The first night I went to have my keys replaced, the CM made them for the wrong room. So every time I went back they were programming them for the wrong room. So, I must have spent at least 5-6 hours figuring out this mess, missed our princess dinner, and had 3 absolutely starving kids crying abut missing dinner. They then proceed to offer me a $200 credit for the issue. Personally, I didn't feel that it was at all sufficient for what we went through. The manager really didn't even apologize. I was so frustrated at that point I just said fine & walked away. A guy next to me was complaining that he didn't get mousekeeping for 2 days, he got a $300 credit. Guess I should have complained louder.

I am not a picky person. I don't care too much about room location, towel animals, or even a not perfectly clean room. But this issue really ruined my first 3 nights of vacation. I was so stressed out & frustrated by the time I left GS that last time and that's not at all how I want to spend my Disney vacation. We were never able to get another princess ressie that week either. I know a lot of people love POR but we've had such better service at the Values. I thought the management at POR was terrible, they really did not even offer an apology to me. So many other people were also at the desk with room issues. This was early Dec, not a super busy time of year.

We had a reservation at AK jambo house in an accessible studio last October. We had stayed already elsewhere at another DVC resort but were changing for 2 nights for my birthday as I just adore AK. Anyway whilst we were at the other DVC resort VWL we got a call from AK to say there was an issue with the accessible room savannah view we had booked for 2 nights and it wasn't available. Would we mind a standard no view room and another room which wasn't accessible with a savannah room. My DW said no thanks we only want one room no point going across the hall for the view! We thought never mind one of those things we will enjoy it anyway. Well they upgraded us to a 2 bed accessible room at Jambo at club level! I have never seen a room like it! I was blown away it was the best birthday ever and we did not even complain or push for it! Loved club level def be doing that again! Pixie dust :-) we since bought more DVC points so just shows it doesn't hurt!

Not a comp, but an upgrade. While staying at the BC a few years ago, our room (standard view, juliet balcony) had a water leak and we needed to switch rooms. We weren't really complaining other than that there was the leak which maintenance determined was behind a wall. They moved us to a lake view, full balcony room - would love to stay there again!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

We were at ASMo on 9/11, supposed to leave on 9/12. Obviously all flights were cancelled for a few days, but Disney comped EVERYONE rooms if they were supposed to check out and couldn't get home. It was a great response and honestly they handled it so well. It was a big shock to leave the Disney "bubble" and return to normal life after that trip.

We were at ASMo on 9/11, supposed to leave on 9/12. Obviously all flights were cancelled for a few days, but Disney comped EVERYONE rooms if they were supposed to check out and couldn't get home. It was a great response and honestly they handled it so well. It was a big shock to leave the Disney "bubble" and return to normal life after that trip.
how nice! That does warm my heart :-)

We were comped a night at BC last May. We had tons of issues checking in. They couldn't figure out why my daughter wasn't showing up on our park tickets. We had spent two hours at the front desk, then told to go to Epcot and speak with Guest Services, which took another two hours. They never were able to fix the problem, just gave us 8 individual park passes that she would have to use each day to get in.

We go back to our room and there was hair all over the bathroom around the toilet and in the tub, there was no shower curtain, the showerhead was getting ready to fall off, toilet filthy, carpet was crusty and coming up, wallpaper ripped, closet wouldn't open, broken phone and rust and mold everywhere. The room was a disaster.

I had gone downstairs to speak with management letting them know that we had wanted to move to the WL and that this was unacceptable for $400/night, he agreed, comped us for that night, added park hoppers to our package and moved us to another room which was much better. It's because of Disney making right by it's customers that people go back each year.

we had several issues with our stay at POR and nobody did anything about it. They didn't even offer to move us! So not happy about the issues. The issues were broken towel rod, that has hanging above the toilet, mold in the tiles on the bathroom floors, a gas smelling fridge, rude cast members, you could feel and hear the springs in the beds, our daughters beloved stuffed animal went missing after the cleaners, attempted to clean the room (only left clean towels, put stained sheets on the bed and didn't even vacuum the floor ) Was just not impressed with the response we received. We just wanted them to care about the issues that we were having. It was not a a cheap stay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter