How many character meals?

ruthfamilyvacationer

Mouseketeer
We have three so far....looking at 2 more, is that over kill? We have Crystal Palace (lunch), Chef Mickey's (bfast), and Cinderella's royal table (lunch). Thinking about 1900 Park for breakfast (DS loves the Mad hatter) and a dinner somewhere......Think it's too many? We're there for a week.

I would say no.

My son has a list of must do's every visit: Tusker House for Breakfast, Crystal Palace for Breakfast, H & V for Breakfast, and Garden Grill for Dinner.

We usually end up doing either 1900 Fare Park or Ohana, and then either the Princesses at Norway or the Beach Club.

It saves us from having to stand in line to greet characters that's for sure. And we love getting ADRs before the park opens and getting good pictures of empty parks. It also helps us be the first people to get on rides like test track, safari, Toy story mania, and big thunder railroad.

I would say no.

It saves us from having to stand in line to greet characters that's for sure. And we love getting ADRs before the park opens and getting good pictures of empty parks. It also helps us be the first people to get on rides like test track, safari, Toy story mania, and big thunder railroad.

I completely agree.:thumbsup2 We have done several in one trip and always enjoyed seeing them during our meals rather than standing in line during park time.

Have a great time!:goodvibes

You can never have too many character meals in my opinion :P Where else can you kill two birds with one stone? Rather than standing in lines to meet the characters, you get food and they come to YOU. I don't get where people say that the character meals take too long, and that it is time wasted from being in the park. If we weren't meeting all these characters during our meals (that we would be eating ANYWAY), we would have to stand in line for 30+ minutes just to meet ONE! No thanks! I'll take my 5 princesses at Akershus in one go, thanks!

Thanks for the quick replys.....I never really thought of the fact that we wouldn't have to wait in line to meet characters. Added bonus! Thanks so much! :)

we have 9 ADRs and 6 of them are character

Chef mickey dinner
CRT breakfast
1900 park fare dinner
Tusker house breakfast
Akerhaus dinner
Crystal palace breakfast

then we also have trex for the kiddos too

This is their (and my) first trip to disney so maybe we're going overboard with it all but hey why not, that's the point right??

We are doing 6 character meals

Cape May- Breakfast staying at beach club makes it easy
Tusker House- Lunch
Akershus- Breakfast
Hollywood + Vine- Breakfast to see Oso and Jake
Ohana Breakfast
Cinderella's Castle Lunch

Call me crazy but when we go, ALL of our meals are Character. Like others have said, it kills 2 birds with one stone! My husband will be thrilled we're skipping all the character lines in the park :)

All but 2 of our meals this trip are character meals. After this trip we will have done them all...my girls love them and like everyone else said I would rather eat a meal and meet the character then waste park time standing in line to meet a character.

We do one a day:cool1: We find it a convenient way to see all of the characters without waiting in line. We mostly do early breakfasts and that works best for us since we are early risers and like to be in the parks before they open.:lovestruc

If DS loves the Mad Hatter then breakfast at 1900 is a MUST. He was hysterical when we went, he sat at the table with us and teased us and was just generally a fun meet!

Also the lobster eggs benedict are amazing there!!

If DS loves the Mad Hatter then breakfast at 1900 is a MUST. He was hysterical when we went, he sat at the table with us and teased us and was just generally a fun meet!

Also the lobster eggs benedict are amazing there!!

Who are all the characters at the 1900 breakfast? Is white rabbit there? Thanks!

As everyone else said, you can't have too many character meals and saving time by not having to wait in line for meet & greets is a great bonus!
We are going for 8 nights/9 days and are doing:
Chef Mickey's Dinner
Chef Mickey's Breakfast
Crystal Palace Dinner
1900 Park Fare Dinner
1900 Park Fare Breakfast
Akershus Dinner
'Ohana Dinner
Boma Dinner
Hoop Dee Doo Revue

So...9 ressies, 6 character meals and 3 non character (one of which is a dinner show). This year we had 7 ADR's and all but one was a character meal!

We have 13 of 19 reservations that are character meals. Of the other 6, one is Biergarten and another is SciFi.

The remaining 4 are Jiko, Brown Derby (twice), and Tony's Town Square.

Let's hear it for free dining upgrade to Deluxe!

First time we went we had all of our TS (6) reserved as character meals. Due to illness we only made 4 of them though. It was awesome to get so much character interaction so easily, especially with it being Thanksgiving week. And since I had an older, but non-walking infant, it was the best way for me to get pictures of him interacting with a character. One of my favorites was at Crystal Palace. He and Piglet were nose to nose and ds had the cutest smile. Plus, if he didn't want to participate, we haven't wasted any time in line.

Upcoming trip is 9 nights, and I may reserve 7, the 4 we went to the last time plus one of the ones we had to cancel and two more. Dd said she wanted all the ones we did before, and wanted 2 princess meals, but did not want to meet the Stepmother ("She's mean and she creeps me out, mom."), so the list of hopefuls for our upcoming trip is

Crystal Palace breakfast
Garden Grill Dinner
Cinderella's Round Table Dinner
Akershus Breakfast
Tusker House Breakfast
Chef Mickey's Dinner
Hollywood and Vine Breakfast

The one meal I'm hoping to get that won't be a character meal is an Ohana Dinner on our non park day. I might possibly cut Chef Mickey's, but we're staying at WL and I read they have a direct boat to CR so it's still on the list for now. It kind of makes me feel like we're still accomplishing something in our downtime.

I think the record I've seen on here is sixteen character meals in one week. You can book as many as you can handle. I've seen things like some guests who book multiple character meals get tired of the buffet food, some find out their kid is scared of the characters, others just get bored.

These days, when booking character meals you have to be careful of the credit card guarantees, which mean that if you booked your reservation on or after October 26 you have to cancel "a day in advance" or you pay a $10 per person no-show fee. Applies to all character meals. There's a thread about it on the Reservations board.

When we went for 1900 Park Fare for breakfast there was Alice, Mad Hatter, Mary Poppins, Tigger, and Pooh.

We love character meals we have must do list for every trip. It's nice to get the pictures and autographs done without standing in long lines in the park. For our March trip we have the following character meals planned.

Crystal Palace- Breakfast
1900 Park Fare-Supper
Hollywood and Vine-Lunch
CRT-Breakfast
Chef Mickey's-Supper
Ohana's- Breakfast

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter