• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How many autographs to expect?

Ccems

Earning My Ears
I am going to work on my kids autograph book. I was wanting to make sure I have enough pages for autographs. Approximately how many autographs should I prepare for.

Thanks for all your input!!!

I would say 40 would be a safe number. Depends how much time you want to spend looking/waithing for characters and how long you are staying.

oooh good question :) I think it does depend how long you want to wait in lines for them, go hunting. I think 30 is how many we got last time, and we did character meals as well as hunting so 40 should be a safe number of pages to go for. have fun and what a good mom you are to do this :thumbsup2

On my first official autograph trip, we got 82 unique ones! We met I think 85 characters, as a few didn't sign autographs. I admit me and my nephew were pretty much only looking for characters on that trip! This was also three years ago, and characters don't seem as plentiful nowadays. And sometimes all it takes is to stumble upon a large greeting area at the exact right time (ToonTown Train Station, Big Hat at MGM) and get a bunch new characters at once, which adds to the total numbers of autographs on the trip! :)

If you know where to look, you can easily probably get 50 or more! :)

You'd be surprised how small they can write if they want to.

We got over 50 unique autographs and a few repeats each of our past 2 trips. My kid love hunting characters, though.

On the other end of the spectrum, my son got about 15 autographs and he was only halfheartedly trying. More pages are better than not enough! :thumbsup2

Costumes?????? What costumes?????

Joking!!!!!!!!! DD nomally ends up with 20 or so autographs, and we are not hunters. We do 3 character meals, and will queue up for characters if we happen upon one we really like. So if you plan on hunting, 30 might be a low estimate.

We only got about 10-15 autographs, and some of them were repeats. We did three character meals, and only waited in a couple of lines at the parks. They enjoyed getting autographs, but we decided as a family we would rather do other things than wait in the lines for autographs. (which is why we did character meals).

This past trip I think we ended up with about 15 (1 repeat). This was 4 parks. 2 character meals.

Many he just didn't want to wait for, others he didn't bother if he alreday had them.

Our biggest prize was the The (Evil) Queen from Snow White, we've been trying to get her's for 3-4 years.

I can't give you an estimate on that -- I am terrible at estimations and made way too many pages myself(hopefully to last many trips, though).

I did want to share that the characters really get a kick out of the customized autograph books and make your kids feel really special. Minnie Mouse particularly enjoyed them! Have fun - it will be worth the effort!

I too am making autograph books -- for DD6 & DS4, Dec 2006. May 2005 we met 53 characters not including repeats! DD6 wants to meet them all! We are going to MVMCP 2x this trip so that should help--hopefully we'll go to MNSSHP next year.

I am trying to pre-make as many as I can -- probably 50 each. But I plan to bring blanks for characters I didn't make a page for. I still haven't figured out how I am going to lug all of that around.

Wow, you guys are really hunting those characters down! :rotfl2: :lmao:
DD got about 7- 10 :confused3
Admittedly though, I am NOT a line person, so standing waiting for a signature is not my idea of fun. Some of the lines were unbelievably loooooooong. ((DD and I both know that its a dude in a costume. :lmao: so it really wasn't THAT important to us.))

I would wait for Johnny Depp's autograph though! Then I would slip him my number! :smokin:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter