How many animals have you killed?

I've lost count of roadkill. There have been a handful of birds, snakes, squirrels, one skunk, a couple of opossums and something crunchy that may have been an armadillo.

I'd also like to take a moment of silence for the 4 chickens that lost their lives so that I could eat hot wings for dinner.

A bird committed suicide on my car. I was driving, and all of sudden something flew into my hood. We pulled over, and it was a small bird.

I could only think the bird must have had something weighing deep on his/her mind to do this.;) Possibly pooped on the wrong person? I guess I'll never know.

Needless to say, the breakfast date I had with my mom was ruined by my tears and thoughts on this bird's troubles.

Seriously, it freaked me out.:scared1:

opossum
bird
maybe a squirrel..can't remember
maybe a rabbit....can't remember

Yeah, we have those "suicidal squirrels" in our neighborhood and I have taken out quite a few.

The other day I was behind someone that was trying to spare the life of one of those damn squirrels. She SLAMMED on brakes while we were doing at least 50 mph (this was a few miles from the subdivision) and I came thisclosetoputtingmycarupherrearend!!!!:mad: :mad: She better be glad I didn't hit her.....I would have found that squirrel and she would have seen they have more than one use!

For some reason, in the fall and early winter, these little brown birds (I don't know what breed they are, I just call them stupid birds) decide that the road is the best place to hang out. The problem is that they are really slow taking off when cars are coming. I don't know how many I've killed, but it's got to be in high double-digits. I always feel bad, but i'm not going to swerve to miss them because it's not worth killing myself or someone else.

I killed a squirrel today...or he committed suicide on my car. He fell on to the top of my car, then onto the front of my car. I thought it was a piece of wood at first, then I saw his body writhing and flopping around in the street behind me. Just as I realized I'd have to go back and run him over (which I was not looking forward to) he stopped writhing. :(

I did the same thing with a squirrel on my parents' circular driveway, only he didn't stop writhing. I had to go around the circle and hit him again, and I cried the whole way home. Poor thing. :(

I did the same thing with a squirrel on my parents' circular driveway, only he didn't stop writhing. I had to go around the circle and hit him again, and I cried the whole way home. Poor thing. :(

Don't feel bad. Cry, because I would too, but you did the right thing.:flower3:

I too wiped out a family of racoons :sad1: I was rounding a corner and there they were. I could not stop in time. It was devastating. I have also run over a turkey and a cat. Just an hour ago, I killed one of my kids fish!!!! UGH!!! What a world!!!

The stories of the suicidal squirrels are killing me!!!! I watch them jump fromm 100 ft pine tree to 100 ft pine trees in my backyard!! It is like a little squirrel Fear Factor!!! :lmao:

Denise

One time driving to work on the interstate, there was a red Cardinal, the state bird of VA. He was flying really low and at me, I couldn't slam on brakes and have the person behind me hit me, so the bird got it. I had red feathers in my grill.

The same thing happened to me on I-40 in Morganton NC. It is also our state bird too.

One bird and 2 armadillos. To be fair though, I consider the bird to have committed suicide. I mean, it isn’t like my car suddenly left the ground and hit it in the air. It dove into the grill of my car.

The armadillos really made me cry. I came around a curve, they panicked and froze in the middle of my lane. I didn’t have time to stop and really thought I might just pass over them. Than at the last possible second, they split up, one going left and the other going right. I ran over one with each of my front tires (and quite possibly both back tires as well). It was horrible…and SO loud. I thought the engine was falling out of my car!

I forgot the wild turkey I hit. It ran off into the woods though, so I choose to believe that it eventually fully recovered.

I have yet to kill anything with my car, but one night in boston a little mouse ran under my high heel boot. All my friends thought it was amazing-because really, what are the odds?? But I just started crying:guilty:

1 cat, 1 possum and 1 bird. Tuesday night we ran over a deer right after 2 other cars hit it (this happened really fast, the three cars were traveling together) so I'm not sure who killed it. It was pretty sad.

Something like this happened to me. My friends and I were following each other to the beach, and there was a deer carcass in the far left lane. My boyfriend at the time was driving his truck in front of my car, and was the 2nd person (I think) to hit it. I'll never forget the spray it made, half of it just liquidfied and made one heck of a mess. :scared:

Luckily, I avoided it. The only animal I've killed is a bird, it committed suicide and got stuck in the grill in the front of my car. :(

Wednesday night I ran over a bunny rabbit. I've never run over an animal before so it was a little traumitizing. It happened on work property. One of my male employees went out and cleaned it up for me.

Years ago I hit a black lab. It died while I was crouching down to him. I was driving my first car, a beater Chevette. It didn't have power brakes...the street was really dark, with no street lights. The dog just ran out from what seemed like nowhere. The owner came out of her house..and said oh well he was deaf and blind anyways!! OMG!! Well that is all I say about that!! :sad2: I have seen many animals hit though...just recently I saw a Beagle get hit...he died in my husbands arms, we were picking him up to take him to the vet as the man who hit him didn't care and was too busy....:mad:

Tiff

Many a bug commits suicide on my windshield if that counts.......

I hit a dog on I95 somewhere in NC or SC (it was really late one Feb and we were driving to FL). The dog came out of nowhere and I clipped him with my front end. I don't think I killed him but surely someone behind me did :guilty: When it was safe to pull over, I cried and cried. It was awful.

A raccoon, a bat and a squirrel.

The bat really freaked me out. I was driving on an interstate right after drak and it looked like a leaf fluttering towards the windshield...but then it crunched when it hit and left a little bit of blood. Ewww....

I've done two deers... you haven't lived until you've had to scrape deer fur out of your door hinge a few weeks later...:scared:

My DH hit a skunk once--- YUCKO!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter