How many and what kind of pets do you have?

We used to have 2 cats and a hamster. Sadly the hamster died and we had to put down both cats, all within 5 months. The 16 year old cat had advanced kidney failure, the 10 year old cat had liver cancer, and the hamster was 2 years when she died.

Needless to say our house has been sadly quiet the last 2 weeks. Once my heart heals we will look at having another pet and the kids can't wait but I'm still to weary to go thru that heartache anytime soon.

We have 2 dogs. A Jack Russell Terrier who would hang from the ceiling fan if we let him. Our 2nd, is a Bichon Mix that we rescued to give our JRT a buddy to play with. That backfired, as our Bichon Mix is quite content being a slug, and smooshing all of the back pillows on our couch, all while watching our JRT try to hang from the ceiling fan. Both are 2.5 years old.

Yeah, our house is pretty much run by the dogs.

:lmao:

We have 2 rescues, a beagle mix (13) & a choc lab/pointer (7) mix. The lab adores the beagle. It was love at first sight for him, he has not left her alone since they met. She used to tolerate him but now we think she secretly adores him too. They have a funny relationship. Both are great with our kids & sleep in their rooms on the floor. Girls together & boys together. :rotfl:

Right now I have 1 dog - a shepherd/Boxer mix named Nikki. She was supposed to be a lap dog. My son lied to me. She's a rescue and I fell in love with her the moment I saw her.

I also have 3 cats. Simba is 13 and a long haired orange tabby. I also have brothers - Capt Jack and Barbossa. They will be 1 next month. There is a stray in my DD's neighborhood and she found the babies in her backyard. When we couldn't find a no-kill shelter my DH and I took them in. We have been trying to capture the mommy and get her to a rescue but we've had no luck with that.

One cat who is a year and a half old named Skittles. Shes quite tiny compared to other cats I know, so I call her "Fun Sized"
482807_10200110470582381_573724395_n.jpg

Oh, my goodness, we have 7 horses, 9 cats, 3 dogs and 2 cockatoos.....11 were rescues.

2 dogs and a cat. My first dog was bought from a breeder, then I learned... My cat and second dog are adopted. Will never buy again.

1 cat Miss Faye. We found her on Craigslist they wanted $20 for her but once they saw how much we fell in love with her (she's the runt and at full grown weights 5lbs and that's with a little bit of a belly) they let us have her for free. She's just a tabby/calico mix, who acts more like a dog then a cat. She sleeps with us, begs for our food, follows is from room to room, waits for us in the window and knows my car and will start meowing as soon as we pull in. The only person she doesn't like is DS who she tolerates and he wants to be her best friend. I am waiting for the day he get's clawed for grabbing her. And it's gonna be his fault not her's, she's just defending her self.

I have 2 dogs, both rescues. Mia and Bella. I have 3 cats and they were rescues too. Bigbee, Miss Little Bo Peep, and Captain Jack. He is a one eyed cat and he was a rough, tough outside cat. He desperately wants us to let him out, but he has FIV and cannot go out. However, not only does he know what the word "out" means, he shows the dogs where the door is, in case they forget. And I know that cat has said "out" twice. He will also let me know when the dogs want back inside.
Oh, we also have a turtle.
My oldest has an english mastif named Kittie, and she loves her grandma. Brittany also has her snake Rio, and a tarantula too. It was a rescue too. Now she also has 3 rats that were going to be snake food, but they are now pets as well. I forget one name, the other Bri insists the name is "dinner". :rotfl:

1 dog, Charlie, Springer Spaniel who is AKC but we got for free because the previous owners had no time for him and were not very nice to him keeping him caged up for up to 18hrs a day. He was pretty skinny when we got him, the kids fattened him up rather quickly with what ever they dropped on the floor and we also have 3 cats, one is a Polydactyl cat. She has 22 toes and isn't the brightest animal but is VERY loving sweet and talkative!

2 dogs and 2 cats

All given away or rescued. One of our sweet dogs came from an animal hording situation.

My husband wants to get our son a puppy but I think our house is plenty full of animals right now.

6 outdoor cats
5 outdoor pot belly pigs
1 indoor mini pot belly pig
and soon will have 2 outdoor dogs

All are pets!

3 cats:
One who was caught in a box trap and is emotionally unstable.

One who was rescued from the pound after being a stray in our
neighboorhood for months (who will not drink out of a water bowl)

One who was my moms cat, rescued from the humane society, who fell in love with me and conviced me to take her sociopathic self with me when I moved out :rotfl:

One rescued guinea pig. He was living in a pet shop and ate his cagemate and was to be killed. A family freind rescued the little one, but then found out she was pregant. She didnt have the time for him and bamm, I got a guinea pig with an attuide.

2 fish....named Fishy and Rainbow.

Technically, they belong to the kids, but since I'm the only one who feeds them, I'm going to claim them as mine!

One dog--Standard Schnauzer--rescued from DH's family after they rescued her from a shelter. They had two other dogs, bigger than her, and she was definitely not an alpha there. Piper Anne

One cat, rescue. DD#2 gave her to me for Christmas (and kept the sister cat). MJ (for Marie Jane; Marie because she looks like Marie from Aristocats, and Jane from Tarzan, because she was very skittish when we first got her, and then she became unstoppable).

3 cats; the 14 yr old one was rescued from a shelter; the other two were kittens from a stray cat

As a family, we have two cats and a tropical fish tank. DS also has a guinea pig, a goldfish, and two aquatic frogs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter