How Many ADRs Can We Fit in One Week?: April 2015 TR- Finished 7/3!

Love your trip report so far. Can't wait to read more. Congratulations on your wedding!

Joining in and I'll be back to catch up! I just saw you are from Richmond. I grew up in Chesterfield so small world! We moved to Pennsylvania about 4 years ago and I miss Richmond so much!

Congratulations on your wedding! Can't wait to read about your "Disney-moon"!

Super small world, I actually live in Chesterfield!! I just always say Richmond since most people don't know where Chesterfield is! I've lived here my entire life! I see you must have gone to Tech. I'm a Longwood girl, but a lot of my friends went to Tech. Thanks for your nice comments!

Joining in on your TR! Congrats on your recent nuptials. :cheer2:

I'm so happy for you getting your "savannah view" at AKL.

It sounds like you had an amazing first day at MK. I'm glad you got a chance to do the Jungle Cruise before it closed.

Your breakfast at Boma looks yum! I really wish I didn't like the taste of alcohol. It would save me some money spent on cocktails. :rotfl2:

Your Boma meal looks great. I'm still kicking myself for not eating there last time we stayed at AKL. One of these days...

Had to laugh at your "mimosa" in the oj glass ; ) Unfortunately for me and my disney food bills, I love alcohol a little too much.

Yeah for pixie dust on the Rockin' Roller Coaster!!!!!

Joining in on your TR! Congrats on your recent nuptials. :cheer2:

I'm so happy for you getting your "savannah view" at AKL.

It sounds like you had an amazing first day at MK. I'm glad you got a chance to do the Jungle Cruise before it closed.

Your breakfast at Boma looks yum! I really wish I didn't like the taste of alcohol. It would save me some money spent on cocktails. :rotfl2:

Thank you! Yeah, I thought Jungle Cruise was cute. Very kitschy, which I enjoyed.

Your Boma meal looks great. I'm still kicking myself for not eating there last time we stayed at AKL. One of these days...

Had to laugh at your "mimosa" in the oj glass ; ) Unfortunately for me and my disney food bills, I love alcohol a little too much.

Yeah for pixie dust on the Rockin' Roller Coaster!!!!!

I promise that we are actually adults lol. I definitely want to eat dinner there next time! I've heard that is amazing as well.

I promise I'll be writing more this week, just a busy week at work! And still trying to get my name changed! Yuck!

Joining! Beautiful wedding pictures, congratulations! I love your TR! I know the exact feeling of staying onsite for the first time together as a couple and never looking back! We used to stay off site but my DH and I stayed onsite for the first time in 2010, and we were absolutely hooked!

You were lucky the lines were so short! We just got back from a May vacation and the parks were relatively packed!

All caught up!

You had such a productive first day at MK - you rode pretty much all of my favorites! I'm a total Small World lover too - it must be done at least once every trip! And your BOG dinner does sound amazing! We have a lunch ADR there during our next trip but we're going to need to try dinner at some point too!

Fun morning at HS! Tower of Terror is one of my favorites too. And great luck with the short wait at RnRC...and front row too!

Super small world, I actually live in Chesterfield!! I just always say Richmond since most people don't know where Chesterfield is! I've lived here my entire life! I see you must have gone to Tech. I'm a Longwood girl, but a lot of my friends went to Tech. Thanks for your nice comments!

Small world! I usually tell everyone I'm from Richmond as well. It just makes life easier! And yes I went to Tech - obvious from my name but I know most people on these boards have no idea what it means!

Great TR - can't wait to read more!

Joining in. Great report so far, and congratulations on your wedding! Your charcuterie board at Be Our Guest looks amazing :O I had the shrimp and scallops last time too, and I thought it was so so so good.

Joining in! Loving you trip report. How lucky are you to get that great view. Congratulations on your wedding. Can't wait to read more

Joining in! Off to a wonderful start on your TR. Congratulations on your wedding. The pictures you shared are gorgeous.

What an amazing way to begin your trip it was to see that you had such a great view! Looking forward to seeing more of where your honeymoon took you.

Joining! Beautiful wedding pictures, congratulations! I love your TR! I know the exact feeling of staying onsite for the first time together as a couple and never looking back! We used to stay off site but my DH and I stayed onsite for the first time in 2010, and we were absolutely hooked!

You were lucky the lines were so short! We just got back from a May vacation and the parks were relatively packed!

We were very fortunate on our lines, but as you'll see later, they picked up towards the end of the week! Thanks for your nice comments!

Thank you all for following along! I should have a relatively free weekend so I'm hoping to get more written and posted. It seems it isn't the writing that takes so long, but organizing all the pictures!

Joining in! Congratulations on your wedding! My fiancé and I are planning a Disneymoon as well. Disney's food is one of the things we are most excited about, so I am loving all the food pics and info!

Congrats on your wedding and disneymoon! Your dress was absolutely beautiful. We are having our first stay at AKL in late July and I am so excited.

Glad you enjoyed your Boma breakfast - even if you did get "tricked" by the (non)alcoholic drink.

That is great you got on ToT (and RnRC) with such short waits. I too love ToT and think of it as an attraction Walt would really like due to how immerse and unique it is. That is great you got "pixie dusted" to re-ride RnRC. You sometimes hear about free dessert or something but offering a re-ride is a little different and a nice touch.

Joining in! Congratulations on your wedding! My fiancé and I are planning a Disneymoon as well. Disney's food is one of the things we are most excited about, so I am loving all the food pics and info!

Congratulations! When are you heading down there? The food was incredible. I can honestly say we didn't have a bad meal the whole week. Some were better than others of course, but everything really was good.

Congrats on your wedding and disneymoon! Your dress was absolutely beautiful. We are having our first stay at AKL in late July and I am so excited.

Thank you! So jealous that you're heading down there! I'm already ready to go back. Are you doing a savannah view room? I have to say, that hotel truly is magnificent. I definitely want to stay a lot of different places at Disney in future trips, but I really do think AKL might be the nicest hotel they have.

Glad you enjoyed your Boma breakfast - even if you did get "tricked" by the (non)alcoholic drink.

That is great you got on ToT (and RnRC) with such short waits. I too love ToT and think of it as an attraction Walt would really like due to how immerse and unique it is. That is great you got "pixie dusted" to re-ride RnRC. You sometimes hear about free dessert or something but offering a re-ride is a little different and a nice touch.

I thought the re-ride was nice too, I'd never seen them do that for anyone either. It definitely made our day!

Congratulations! When are you heading down there? The food was incredible. I can honestly say we didn't have a bad meal the whole week. Some were better than others of course, but everything really was good.

We are headed down there in almost a year exactly! We are in the thick of wedding planning now, but I am so looking forward to a vacation at Disney to relax and have fun. We are both graduate students so this will be our first real vacation in a while! Glad to hear the food was good - I can't wait to try Be Our Guest!

Day 2 at Hollywood Studios: Are We Actually Permanent Guests in the Hollywood Tower Hotel?

Plans for the Day:

ADRs: Boma 9:50; 50s Prime Time Café 5:15
FP+: ToT 1:05; Star Tours 2:55; RnRC 4:20

Once we’d finished up with our multiple rides on RnRC, we hit our FP+ for ToT again before doing a little shopping and grabbing a snack. We did a little shopping in the Villains in Vogue store. Chris is a big fan of Jafar and Maleficent and I always think this store has some neat stuff in terms of clothes. We still didn’t really feel like buying much yet though. I prefer to sort of survey the parks once and pick out some favorites before actually coming back through and buying something! We headed empty-handed (for now) to the ABC Commissary and just split a burger since we would be eating at Prime Time Café in just a couple hours. The burger was just enough to satisfy us, and now we could head for our FP+ for Star Tours. I’m a really big fan of Star Wars, and have been ever since I was little! We came to Disney in 1998 after Episode I came out and I remember being really excited to ride Star Tours. I was 9, ok, don’t fault me for liking Episode I then! I’ve since learned better.

We hopped on quickly with our FP, though there wasn’t too much of a wait. I had ridden Star Tours when we came for our long weekend back in 2012. I remembered being somewhat motion sick then, but just thought I was having an off day. NOPE. As soon as the ride started this time I thought “oh dear god, make it stop.” I honestly couldn’t even tell you which scene we had since I just spent the whole time telling myself “you’re fine, you’re not going to get sick.” Thankfully it is a fairly short ride. It makes me sad because I’d really love to ride it multiple times and see all the different scenes. I don’t know what it is about it, other 3D experiences don’t bother me, and even Mission Space doesn’t bother me! Unfortunately, I will definitely not be riding Star Tours again in the future. No pictures from back there. Apparently we were just kind of cruising through haha.

Once we were done with Star Tours, we hoofed it back across the park to check out the Beauty and the Beast show! I’m hard-pressed to pick just one favorite Disney movie, but Beauty and the Beast would probably be close just in terms of musical numbers. I have to say, I really enjoyed this show. I’m usually not a real big fan of shows, which I may have mentioned earlier, but I thought this was very well done. The singing and dancing was all excellent!

11149272_10156075642540377_4921519912775495394_n_zpsklihn9tx.jpg

11150311_10156075642940377_2572644408594262199_n_zps4n3s0hpy.jpg

11109505_10156075642620377_5952229403485295174_n_zpstoy3pkdg.jpg

By the time we’d made it through the store, it was time for us to use our next FP+, which was RnRC! I feel like I might be repeating myself in this trip report... Can you tell we’re fans of thrill rides? I never say no to roller coaster, even if we’ve already ridden it back to back earlier in the day! I promise future days will have more variety. To be far though, there really aren’t THAT many “big” rides in Hollywood Studios.

11162037_10203945723714520_1897213863133774974_o_zpst34bazyl.jpg

Once we got off RnRC, it was 5:00 and we hustled over to 50s Prime Time Café for our 5:15 ADR. It was just starting to sprinkle when we walked into the restaurant, and ended up downpouring while we were eating, so I was thankful we did an early dinner! I had eaten at 50s Prime Time on my trip 10 years ago and remembered enjoying it then. We had a phenomenal waitress then who was really great with my young nephew, and I remember loving the theming. I have to say, I still love the theming! My grandma lived in the same house from 1959 until 2010 without ever changing a thing, so the décor in the restaurant looked pretty familiar to me haha.

11182825_10203945723674519_7558266350449159958_o_zpspmt2zr6c.jpg

11150353_10156075641780377_7066308614889169571_n_zpsma7gxnw5.jpg

We only sat down for a minute before hearing “X kids, come on, dinner’s ready!” and heading back to our table. We had a nice waiter who was good with the theming while not being over the top for a pair of adults on their honeymoon. We had a large table with about 5 kids and three couples at the table next to us though, and got to watch him “torment” them a little, so that was fun. I was pretty happy with my meal, thought I sort of wish I’d ordered something different. I got the fried herb and garlic cheese in raspberry sauce for my appetizer and really liked that. Chris got the iceberg wedge and that was fine. I ordered the fish of the day for my meal with potato hash and broccolini. I can’t complain about it, there was nothing wrong with it, I just kind of wished I’d ordered what Chris got—the fried chicken! That was really delicious and was a huge amount of food.

11045423_10156075837900377_281079141130698786_o_zpsnncrkbcf.jpg

11149777_10156075838055377_4993882423327713462_o_zpspzzyrzwa.jpg

For dessert, Chris got a milkshake and I went with the brownie sundae. I really, really wanted a milkshake, but I recently began to suspect that I might be a little lactose intolerant. I don’t seem to be bothered by a serving of ice cream or cheese, but I had drank a milkshake shortly before the wedding and felt AWFUL. I didn’t care to repeat the feeling in Disney World, so I just decided to steer clear to be on the safe side. Instead I got this GINORMOUS sundae

11165063_10203945723594517_916999058639639733_o_zpsgpdzdfa6.jpg

The picture really doesn’t do it justice. Anyone who has eaten here knows this thing is huge. It barely looked like I’d made a dent in it even though I ate a significant portion of the brownie.

Once I managed to extricate my now overly-stuffed body from behind the table, we decided to head to a very popular ride that neither of us had tried- Toy Story Midway Mania. Yes, can you believe it?! Neither of us had ever done this. I don’t know how or why. I think I just really didn’t know what it was, so I had never checked it out. When we got over there, the line was at about 55 minutes, but we really didn’t have anything else planned until Fantasmic at 9:00, and it was only about 6:20 at this point. We decided we may as well wait it out and see if it was really worth it.

We both loved waiting in line! Not only is it nice to wait inside in A/C, but the theming was great! Chris took a ton of pictures in line.

11159487_10156077911450377_6050867048326821878_n_zpsilnwgb3a.jpg

11133686_10156077912420377_5608151049350360637_n_zpsndb0kx0m.jpg

10653419_10156077912800377_1469834152219241191_n_zpst5si1meg.jpg

11009957_10156077912610377_9059541287698999928_n_zpsup4xaorg.jpg

Also, the woman in front of us in line had these AMAZING nails that she did herself! I can barely just paint my nails a solid color on my own. I couldn’t believe it, but she did confess that she’d been a nail tech previously. Still though, that’s gotta be tough to do by yourself!

11174735_10203945724594542_936427199971983710_o_zpswffj9nlz.jpg

After waiting the full 55 minutes, we were finally ready to ride!

10389550_10156077911670377_2003797694597297014_n_zpsynb37cnf.jpg

WE LOVED IT. What is it about this ride that is so addicting?! I don’t know if it’s the competitiveness of it or what, but we were hooked. I really had a great time on it and couldn’t figure out why I hadn’t gone on it before. Even though Chris beat me, I still had fun.

11149351_10156077911775377_2595697470877418793_n_zpsnflx7oql.jpg

At this point, we still had a little over an hour until Fantasmic started. We’re not the type of people to worry about getting the best seats or anything, so we decided to do a little shopping on Hollywood Boulevard. I actually bought a couple things this time around. I purchased a new pair of sunglasses with Mickey heads on them. I had somehow managed to hold on to my last pair that I had bought on our trip in 2012 and was still wearing them! I really don’t even know how I managed this feat. I lose sunglasses all the time. I think this new pair was well-deserved!

209599_3508060351282_370321155_o_zpsgy3aw78j.jpg

I also bought my mom some Mickey pajamas while we were here and we bought a couple pins as well. Of course I don’t have pictures of them. I really should’ve kept up with photos of them as we bought them. Oh well.

Since we finally purchased some items that were more substantial than pins, we decided to go ahead and have them sent back to AKL for us. I’ve always loved this system, and have been really happy with how it worked. I have to say though, you’d think now that they have the magic bands that perhaps they’d figure out a way for you to just scan your magic band instead of writing out a ticket. I guess they’d still need something to go on the bag, but maybe once you scan your band it would print something for it. I don’t know, just a thought. Anyone know if Disney is working on something like this?

By the time we were done shopping, it was time to head over to Fantasmic. It was pretty crowded when we got in there, but not nuts. We just headed straight over to the fair left side where there was a lot of seating available. We probably could have found something closer to center, but I didn’t feel like fighting that battle.

Fantasmic= WOW. I had remembered enjoying it ten years ago, but couldn’t really remember what it was about other than sort of a vague good versus evil type deal. I have to say this is really one of the most phenomenal shows I’ve ever seen. Chris was very impressed as well. Plus, Sorcerer Mickey is my favorite, so I always love seeing him. We didn’t get any photos as we were just soaking in the experience, plus that’s a hard show to get pictures of with the dark, but this handy photo came with our Memory Maker! It was definitely well done all the way around though.

wd014wdw2015090212151264_zps0m8erxpj.jpeg

In our way out, we decided we’d stop by ToT and just see how long the line is. I LOVE riding ToT at night and the experience is vastly improved by the dark in my opinion. By now, the park was in EMH time, so we were stopped at the entrance to ask which hotel we were staying at. We then looked at the wait time and saw that it was 10 minutes. Heck yeah we’re getting on it!

10 minutes turned out to be “walk directly into the elevator of your choice.” There was NO ONE in there. I thought for sure a lot of people would be getting out of Fantasmic and heading straight to ToT and RnRC. It’s not like we were at the front of the exit line from Fantasmic or anything. When we got onto our elevator, there were two other people on the ride with us. I’d post the picture, but I downloaded the darn thing on my work computer! I’ll update later with the pic :goodvibes

So we get into our elevator with the two other people and after waiting for a couple seconds to see if anyone else is coming, we take off. So you all know how the ride goes. You get to that one part where the elevator is moving forward and there’s the scenes around you and then the star field into the elevator shaft. Well, the door opens for the elevator to travel forward into this hallway—and we FREEZE. No music. Door is just open. Total silence. It seemed like forever, but in reality it was probably only 5 seconds. But when there’s only two other people on the ride with you, it gets scary quick! We were all just like “uhhh...” into total silence haha. Finally, the ride just takes off and the music starts. For a second there, I thought we might be on the actual elevator! I know plenty of rides in Disney will freeze momentarily or so, but this was a scary time to do it in pitch black silence! We had a great ride in the dark though. I just love looking out over the park while it’s dark out.

Once we were all done, we checked the wait time for TSMM on our app and saw it was only 25 minutes, so we decided we’d go ahead and hop on it again! Chris beat me again though L Still a great ride though!

1909275_10203945724634543_7826775565310896581_o_zpsdbtoz1yx.jpg

We were officially pooped by this point after a full day at the park. We hopped on the bus and headed back to AKL to get a good night’s sleep before day three at Epcot!

That sundae is SUPER intense! Also delicious. Mmmm 50's Prime Time.... Sounds like you had the perfect Hollywood Studios day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter