How Long

LarryJ

Dedicated FW 1600 "Looper"
do you stay to get your Disney fix. I see some 3 or 4 day trips and you can IMO barely get started to have a WDW experience and be satisified and the cost of doing day two or three 4 day trips in say a 5 or 6 month period over doing like a 14 day trip one would cost much more is fuel and just time getting things loaded and ready to go.

Even when we had children in school we never considered an actual stay at FW for less than 14 days and a couple of times did 30 days both of which were just great. Now with just the two of us and one yearly trip we do 40 to 45 days at FW to really get soaked.

So question is what is your target time at FW, why, and how do you relate it and then have to revisit.

Larry

A week for me a couple times a year, works for me. I will tell you I'm just about parked out and really just enjoy the Fort.

We just got home a few hours ago from a 16 day stay.

It barely wet our whistle!

We go to Disney at least once a year, but it's been 2 years since we stayed at the Fort. We were trying to figure out while we were there, how long it had been and came up with 2 years - I couldn't believe it, so I had to hop right on the Dis and check my signature line to verify! :rotfl:

But when we drove through the gates upon arrival, it was like we had barely left. Felt like home!!! Of course, as soon as we drove out of the gates to leave, I wanted to do a U-turn!

Had a wonderful time ... as always! I could just live there! (if only!)

We had annual passes that were good through 12/8, so did the parks a lot -- in hindsight, wish we'd have spent more time at the camper!

I think I could spend 10 hours/day just looping!!!! :lmao:

I could stay at Disney and the Fort for the entire fall and winter season, however, since I still work, I only have limited leave time. We often run down to Disney for 3 day weekends, but usually stay at a hotel resort when we do that. We won't pull the camper down for less than 5 nights. I just got back from 16 nights and had a great time! We had 9 trips to Disney this year (4 in the camper) and probably had close to the 45 days that you have, but just spread out over the year using long weekends and about 1/2 of my annual leave. Once I retire, of course our travel habits will change.

We live in the area so we can just go for the weekends when we feel like it. Never do the parks anymore and don't really miss 'em. Just go to enjoy the Fort and its happenings.

We've done as little as one night (in a resort), and as much as 4 months at FtW. Of course, we've never lived more than 1.5 hours from WDW. Now, we're just 30 minutes away and often go over for just a couple of hours.

My choice for a length of stay at FtW would be Halloween through mid-February. Before and after that time it's just too blankity hot!! Heck!! Here it is December 15th, and our high temp for the day should be around 85! That's just wrong on many levels.

For us, the answer depends on whether we are staying at FW or not. If we are staying at another resort, then the maximum stay is probably 8 to 10 nights... the small rooms can be quite confining after 8 nights :goodvibes

If we pull the trailer down and stay at FW, it has been anywhere from 17 to 32 nights. This summer it was 32 nights and none of us were ready to leave. We usually hit the parks each day but quite often it will only be for a few hours after dinner or first thing in the morning.

It is so relaxing around FW and we enjoy going to the other resorts to look around and quite often have a mid afternoon lunch at one of the resorts. The days go by so quickly that when the time comes to leave, there is always something that you wanted to do, but forgot :)

We try and get to WDW at least once each year depending on the exchange rate... this past year has been really good so we've booked 2 extra trips for Christmas and the school break in March. These will be shorter stays so we won't be staying at FW but we will definitely dropped by to get our "fix" :dance3:

I could stay at Disney and the Fort for the entire fall and winter season, however, since I still work, I only have limited leave time.

Ditto! Coming from southern NH, we realistically can't get there more than once a year, but we've managed to find a way to increase that trip from 2 weeks to 3 in the past couple of years. While it's fantastic, we still don't think it's long enough.

We buy APs that we stretch for 2 trips to get the max $ out of, but we don't spend all day, every day in the parks. Sometimes we just pop in and out for dinner (or a dole whip float) or fireworks. This trip we were able to hang around the Fort more and just looooooooved it. I agree with PP that we could spend a big chunk of time just looping! :thumbsup2

Our goal would be to be there from mid-October through mid-January. We still like to snowmobile, so being back here for the winter is a must, and I melt in the heat, so mid-Oct should be just about perfect. Plus WDW during the holidays is just my most favorite. :santa:

Someday. :cloud9:

It takes me about 4 days of total driving time to pull the trailer down and back, so we decided a few years ago 10 days at the Fort. That works about right for us. Just enough to be able to say it's time to go home. We tried 5 days and 7 days, but it just didn't do it and I was barely recovered from the drive down when I had to hook up and drive back. If we stay offsite or at a Disney hotel a week does it.

Had one week off in September and took the trailer to FW from Texas for its first big trip. We left Saturday, got to FW Sunday afternoon, spent 4 days in the parks and took 2 more days to drive home. Didn't have enough time to enjoy FW. The next trip to The Fort needs to be at least two or three days longer at a minimum.

My wife and I had our last day at work today we leave for the fort on Jan 4 and will stay untill Feb 28 and then be back to re open shop early March so two months at the fort not so hard to take, Just remember you don't have to shovel the heat but snow on the other hand.....it's a four letter word in my book!! And no we don't do the parks just day trips to all of central fl. attractions. And have fun and relax. K.:santa:

My wife and I had our last day at work today we leave for the fort on Jan 4 and will stay untill Feb 28 and then be back to re open shop early March so two months at the fort not so hard to take, Just remember you don't have to shovel the heat but snow on the other hand.....it's a four letter word in my book!! And no we don't do the parks just day trips to all of central fl. attractions. And have fun and relax. K.:santa:

Have I ever told you that the fishing at Disney is pretty fair ?
:woohoo: 2 months ,man, you could get in some nice fish'n time,

Realistically we can't travel that far (20+ hours) more than once a year - and since we like to pay in full before we leave - it works out to about every other year. We stay 2 weeks when we go.

We are very lucky as we only live 90 minutes away. We try to get there 4 to 5 times a year. Sometimes it is just for a long weekend and sometimes it's a week. I always cheat time and book for a Monday checkout. That way even though we need to leave on Sunday we can stay as long as we like and leave around 6 or 7 at night. It makes it seem like a longer trip. I've already got next year booked with a week at Thanksgiving (our first time to do what we want at Thanksgiving).

This is to born 2 fish aka Frank, Hi frank yes fishing is on the to do list!! the fishing at the fort not bad at all in the mornings I get up early and take a bike ride down to the lake or bike barn and watch some of the people dropping lines, Of corse with my luck Ill hook on to a gator!! and yes I have seen those there too. Like to see the wife cook that on the stove!!! Ha Ha K.:lmao:

do you stay to get your Disney fix. I see some 3 or 4 day trips and you can IMO barely get started to have a WDW experience and be satisified and the cost of doing day two or three 4 day trips in say a 5 or 6 month period over doing like a 14 day trip one would cost much more is fuel and just time getting things loaded and ready to go.

Even when we had children in school we never considered an actual stay at FW for less than 14 days and a couple of times did 30 days both of which were just great. Now with just the two of us and one yearly trip we do 40 to 45 days at FW to really get soaked.

So question is what is your target time at FW, why, and how do you relate it and then have to revisit.

Larry

We stayed 5 days and it was NOT long enough!

This was the 1st time we camped at FW and I really enjoyed it. Very peaceful. We didn't even go to the parks that much!

I wish we could stay longer, but finances and small children in school just don't allow it right now. I am hoping to someday be a full-timer! I am never ready to leave Disney, ever.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter