How long?

Disney_Princess123

Earning My Ears
I spent a week for my last Disney World trip. I Realized that was WAY too long, and my mom agreed, because we were tired and cranky (or so my mom says) the next couple months. I am wondering how long you went or recommend going. 7 days is too long without school, friends, pets, and home.

What do you think? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

I was there 6 days and it wasnt enough!

I guess it depends on your touring style. We didnt kill ourselves, we took breaks at the hotel every day and we didnt stay out till all hours or get up very early. I'd rather stay longer and have it be relaxed than make a short trip and try to cram too much into every day.

I'd think 7 days I'd have the first and last day to travel and relax at the hotel or maybe shop in Orlando, 4 days, one in each park and one "break" day in the middle to do DTD, a waterpark, or just to relax. Sounds perfect to me! I have a toddler and we don't wear outselves out at the parks either, we just take it easy and enjoy it all.

What ages of children are going and how far do you need to travel to get there?

We're just a 6 hour drive away, so we like short & frequent trips. It also seems for our toddler that much more than 4 nights away from home would be a bit much, but he doesn't sleep as well if he's not in his bed.For many families it seems like a week is a great trip length - especially if you take some time to take it easy as the PP suggested.

We like 4-5 nights away for a Disney vacation. At a place like Destin we prefer more so we can relax, but we never relax at Disney. Two or three days at the parks is fine for us. By the 4th night we are ready to get back to our dogs and rest from our vacation!

Our trips are 15 days and that is the right amount of time for our family.

We are early risers, so we hit the parks early and return to the resort mid-day. We head back out for dinner and do a different park in the evening.

My DH just said that 15 days is not enough.:)

We do 10 days but days 1 & 10 are travel days so we don't go near the parks. Days 2 & 3 are WDW parks. Day 4 is lazy, pool & rest. Day 5 is usually Seaworld. Day 6 is Universal. Day 7 is lazy, pool & rest. Days 8 & 9 are back to WDW.

I guess even 7 days could be way too long if you keep pushing yourselves to go, go, go. We used to go for 5 full days at WDW but once the kids came it was way too exhausting to run around so much. Now that we spread it out we're all calm & rested when we get back:goodvibes

We drive down and we take 2 days to get there and 2 days to get back. (although half of one day is spent at the parks for both ways...so really 1 1/2 days of driving each way)

We spent 7 nights/8 days at DW last time and this time we'll be there for 6 nights/7 days. I think it was the perfect amount of time, especially for a first visit. Yes, I was exhausted when we left and ready for a break. But, this time around we'll be taking it easy as we've seen the majority of stuff and can focus on our favorites and what we missed last time.

I think if you just pace yourself and make a couple of days "free" days where you stay away from the parks (go to the pool, DTD, etc.) it makes it more relaxing.

We usually go for two weeks, but we don't just do WDW. I've found by renting a house off-site and a car and by taking two weeks we vacation in a more laid back manner. We usually go to the parks in the morning, back to the house for a swim and rest in the afternoon and sometimes go back at night, sometimes not.

When it was just the two of us DH and I did 5 days. Now with DS we do 8 and it is not enough. We no longer do the pak commando routine anymore. We go back to the hotel take naps, swim and retire early.

We usually do 8-10 days and while I wish I could stay longer and I am never ready to leave, it is probably just the right amount of time. We are very laid back about our park time and spend almost as much time at the resort as we do in the parks, so everyone is very relaxed and we don't really have a lot of tired and cranky adults or kids.

I don't think it is so much the length that matters it is how much relaxing you put into the schedule. We are going for 10 days.

1 day travel
2&3 park
4 relaxing pool maybe 1/2 day waterpark
5&6 park days
7&8 free days Possibly water park
9 park day
10 travel

Denise in MI

We take our 4 kids for about 8 days each time. We don't go-go-go, though. Even when we are in the parks for long days, we have sit-down breaks in quiet areas every couple of hours.

Anyway, I would not attribute "tired and cranky for a FEW MONTHS" to post-vacation recovery. A few days, maybe, but a few MONTHS is more likely a whole different cause.

We go for nearly 3 weeks and could stay longer if we had the funds!!! LOL

We go for 8 days. The first and last day are travel days and we spend a day or two in the parks and the rest of the days relaxing. We rent a villa off site and everyone has their own room in a gorgeous house with 3 or more bathrooms. It is so relaxing. Seven days would be too long for my family in a hotel room though.

Last time we went we were scheduled to be at WDW for 15 days, not including drive time of 24 hours each way. We would have loved to stay longer, and we did add on two days because if we had left on our scheduled day we would have followed a hurricane up the coast the whole way home. Not my idea of a good time :eek: I did miss my cats and my own bed but that was about it. Maybe my own laundry room too, but I hung out with some cool people in the laundry room, and DH kept bringing me frozen alcoholic drinks :cool1:

I do weekend trips. Examples Thursday - Sunday or Wednesday - Sunday That's about right for us. But I only live 8 hours away so it does makes it easier.

I have done my first week trip to WDW last year and was great. It combine trip US and WDW flea markets , outlets malls and malls. So we had a lot down time.

Last year we did 5 nights/6 days which was really more like 5 1/2 days. That did not include travel time (24hrs straight each direction). We took a very relaxed pace (except for the last day) with later mornings (wake up around 9) and breaks in the afternoon. We did not feel it was enough time. This time we are booked for 10 nights / 11 days at WDW. One of those will be a rest day (only have 10 day hoppers). But we are hoping that is a better amount of time for us.

I really think it depends on your family and your personal touring style.

We take our 4 kids for about 8 days each time. We don't go-go-go, though. Even when we are in the parks for long days, we have sit-down breaks in quiet areas every couple of hours.

Anyway, I would not attribute "tired and cranky for a FEW MONTHS" to post-vacation recovery. A few days, maybe, but a few MONTHS is more likely a whole different cause.

Yeah. I went a little overboard. Maybe a day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter