So I was wondering..
how long does it take
to do DL, CA, and DTD?
My mom thinks we
should only go for two
days but I'm not sure if
thats enough, what do
you guys think?

I would say a minimum of 3 days. We went for 5 days, and I still feel like I would have liked more time. :sunny:

You're welcome! Hopefully more people will chime in with their opinions too! :)

Well any trip to Disney is amazing im sure. But in all honesty, if its your first time, I would give at least 2 to 3 days min. I've never been, but ive learned so much on disboards already that I know theres way too much to see, and that you cant see it all in one day. You will probably be able to see it in 2-3 days but will feel quite rushed.

3 is good 3 1/2 would be great. We did DTD the 1st nite we were there then DL, DCA then back to DL.

Kae

We are going for 5 days, but then I have a 1 yo, and 4 yo, so we take things slow.

I think at the very least you will need 3 days, 4 would probably be better. Also consider if you are going on a weekend, things will be more crowded you may have to wait in longer lines.

i'm going with 2 other people who are over the age of 22 for 5 days and i'll still want more time :goodvibes but :goodvibes but you should be good with 3 days..

We are going for four next trip. Two days is not enough time at all especially for your first trip!

Well,I'm chiming in. 3 days MINIMUM, especially if this your first time. Depending on when you arrive,you can cruise DTD for a few hours(take in the sights and sounds,or may a 'little' shopping or a meal). At least 1 full day @DL then split the next 2 days btwn DL/DCA. Just mho. ;)

But what ever you do,HAVE A GREAT TIME,please? :cool1:

We just got back from our first trip to Disneyland. We were there 8 days, but in the park 7 full days plus only 1 hour on our first day. I wanted to see everything, but knew that would be impractical with two young children in tow.

As it was, we hit most of our 'must do' rides (in both parks), met many characters (I haven't counted them all up yet), saw the Parade of Dreams, the Block Party Bash and the fireworks and attended two character meals.

We did not find hidden Mickeys, or all the pressed penny machines (we pressed pennies for our favorite attractions, though.) We did not see shows except for Playhouse Disney, did not tour the tortilla factory or Boudin's Bakery, did not bake cookies, did not visit the 50th historical presentation or view the Disney animated shorts at the theater on Main St. We did not sail on the Columbia, meet villains at the Villains' Lair or hit too many rides at DCA.

We went (last week) at a time of year when it's not terribly busy, so I can only imagine what it would be like at high season!

I think it's true that you just can't do it all in one visit. Even with our 8 days and all the fun we crammed into each day, we were ready to go home by the end and were flat-out exhausted!

However much time you have to spend there will be great and action-packed! My philosophy is this:

Go into it concentrating on what you most want to see and do and try to get all that in. If you have time to fit in some other fun, then great. Whatever is missed you can hit on your next trip!

It only took us 13 years to make our first trip to Disneyland, and we're already planning to head back within the next year or two!

I totally agree 3 days minimum. I have learned my lesson and do 4 1/2. Don't overlook Down Town Disney. I think Libby Lu is pretty cute.

:tinker: Disneyland is magic no matter how long your there

3 days minimum, 4 or 5 is great for a first time. Have fun. :banana: Any amount of time at all is great, because all Disney time is great time.

Steph~ When are you going in April??? We're going in April also. I have 3 small kids so we're going for 8 days, I'm hoping we can get it all done :thumbsup2

We are going April 23-April 30, but we are doing other things besides Disneyland (even thouhg I wish we were going to Disneyland the whole time ;] )

I agree with the 3 days min. 4 or 5 if you can would be great.

When we only have 3 days we usually go to DL one full day, DCA one full day and on the 3rd hop back and forth to do what we missed or what we want to do again. If the park closes early (8pm) we usually do DTD shops after leaving the park on the 3rd night otherwise we stay a little longer on the 4th morning and then do DTD then before heading off.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter