• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How long will Test Track take if I go there straight at RD?

texasgingerbread

DIS Veteran
How long will Test Track take if I go there straight at RD? I'm trying to decide when to book my first FP.

I can only say how it worked for us at rope drop, and we were NOT front of the pack, far from it.... and we didn't use the Single Rider line either.... we walked straight there through the turnstiles and I believe we were done and out the other side of TT at 9:25am. This was in January, so not SUPER busy time but it was busy enough.

We were very close to the front of the pack and we were done in about 15-20 minutes. Warning though - people start to run ahead of others in the pack so if you have small kids you might want to be careful. I wish the CMs would do better in telling people to slow down.

So do i need a Mission Space FP at 9:30? Or is that too early for backup? Just trying to decide if I do TT first what to do after to end up eventually starting on opposite side for WS in the UK at 11:00.

When are you going? I would say that MS doesn't typically need a FP but it would depend on when you are going and how busy the park is expected to be that day. Also depends on which side you want to go on - orange or green as the Orange is typically a bit busier.

Ok so I just checked the wait times for MS for today right now - it saying 65 minutes for Orange and 10 for Green!! Omg - 65 minutes!! :O

So do i need a Mission Space FP at 9:30? Or is that too early for backup? Just trying to decide if I do TT first what to do after to end up eventually starting on opposite side for WS in the UK at 11:00.

I don't think you'd need a FP for MS that early. The line there doesn't build that fast considering that most people head right to either TT or Soarin and a lot of people will not do MS for pure aversion reasons. Much of the time there involves getting through the various stages of the preshow/warning/loading process and you have to do that whether you have a FP or not.

Ok so I just checked the wait times for MS for today right now - it saying 65 minutes for Orange and 10 for Green!! Omg - 65 minutes!! :O

I just looked now (3:10 PM EST) and it says 10 minutes posted wait time for MSO.

I just looked now (3:10 PM EST) and it says 10 minutes posted wait time for MSO.

I checked again and I see 10 minutes too. But I swear to you, it was 65 minutes when I first checked!! The app must have been glitchy because that just didn't make sense.

On January 31, according to camera photos, we were sitting in our car ready to take off at 9:20. I have 3 kids and we took a bit to get there--no front of the line rush for us. Our photo of my kid's car showing his place was done at 9:27. We looped it and the next end of ride car photos were at 9:54.

Thanks everyone! I'm just having a hard time on what to use my FP on. I'm going straight to Test Track, then have a Soarin FP but not til 3:30 because we're doing Garden Grill at 4:30 so I figured since they're next to each other... If WS doesn't open til 11 does it make sense to do Test Track, then back track to Seas, Turtle Talk, etc. and then get to UK by 11:00? Open to any suggestion but I do want to be in UK before 11 for the characters. Maybe i should bump my M&G disney pals to the morning?

Has anyone signed up for Agent P? Will there be a line?

Thanks for all your help.

One more question...my boys are 6 so I think I'm going to put them on the Green Mission Space (I rode before they even had the Green/Orange option and thought I was going to die after I got off with motion sickness and headache). Do you think the green is too scary?

On January 31, according to camera photos, we were sitting in our car ready to take off at 9:20. I have 3 kids and we took a bit to get there--no front of the line rush for us. Our photo of my kid's car showing his place was done at 9:27. We looped it and the next end of ride car photos were at 9:54.

Are you saying that you rode TT twice and finished the second ride at 9:54? Were these both through the regular standby line (not FP+ or single rider?)

Mission Space green should be good for 6 year old boys who haven't had motion sickness in the past. My 5 year old enjoyed it.

If you are going to see Mickey&Minnie at the character spot that's a decent tier 2 FP+ in my opinion. Line is typically 20 minutes long most of the time for SB. You could also do FP+ for Mission Space Green at 9:30 and if it's a 5-10 minute wait then change it to something else. If you want to ride spaceship earth early (before 10:30) I've heard it's busy then so a FP+ wouldn't be a bad use there either.

You could also do Innovations instead of Seas/Turtle Talk etc. and save those for afternoon/evening.

So do i need a Mission Space FP at 9:30? Or is that too early for backup?
Don't need one at that hour. There is a natural progression that occurs at Epcot. About half of the RD crowd goes to TT and the other half goes to Soarin'. When the first groups finish at Soarin', they tend to head to TT, with some going to other places in a scatter, (including MS). The first people off of TT will be later than the first people off of Soarin'. The early TT people tend to go over to Soarin', with some scattering to other areas including MS. Bottom line is that MS (and Sum of All Thrills--the other attraction that builds up a wait time) see only a smattering of people by 9:30. Save your FP for a later time unless you are trying to burn through them to get more (which isn't typically a good strategy at Epcot.)

Thanks everyone! I'm just having a hard time on what to use my FP on. I'm going straight to Test Track, then have a Soarin FP but not til 3:30 because we're doing Garden Grill at 4:30 so I figured since they're next to each other... If WS doesn't open til 11 does it make sense to do Test Track, then back track to Seas, Turtle Talk, etc. and then get to UK by 11:00? Open to any suggestion but I do want to be in UK before 11 for the characters. Maybe i should bump my M&G disney pals to the morning?

Has anyone signed up for Agent P? Will there be a line?

Thanks for all your help.

What day are you going? Of course a lot of things depend on the crowd levels.

What things in Future World are you interested in doing? You could get FPs for any of those that aren't in Tier 1 and, if they turn out not to be necessary, there's nothing lost. Spaceship Earth can be a good choice if you think you'd be interested in that.

Going from Test Track and MS over to the Seas side is fine because that's the side closest to UK anyway. Is there a reason why you want to be at UK by 11, or were you just planning on starting your tour of the World Showcase on that side.

As for Agent P, we have never done that one, but did do its predecessor (Kim Possible) and I assume this is the same. There shouldn't be a line if you go right toward UK at 11 but, unless they have changed it, you used to be able to get a ticket for a start time and place from Innoventions before World Showcase opens. If you ask they should be able to get you the starting point you want.

What day are you going? Of course a lot of things depend on the crowd levels.

What things in Future World are you interested in doing? You could get FPs for any of those that aren't in Tier 1 and, if they turn out not to be necessary, there's nothing lost. Spaceship Earth can be a good choice if you think you'd be interested in that.

Going from Test Track and MS over to the Seas side is fine because that's the side closest to UK anyway. Is there a reason why you want to be at UK by 11, or were you just planning on starting your tour of the World Showcase on that side.

As for Agent P, we have never done that one, but did do its predecessor (Kim Possible) and I assume this is the same. There shouldn't be a line if you go right toward UK at 11 but, unless they have changed it, you used to be able to get a ticket for a start time and place from Innoventions before World Showcase opens. If you ask they should be able to get you the starting point you want.

I'm going on Thursday, May 7. We are skipping Spaceship Earth. Pretty much TT, Soarin, Turtle Talk, Seas, Sum of all Thrills (no fastpass, correct?), living with the land, and journey into imagination. i have a 10:30 mission space, 2:30 disney pals, and 3:30 Soarin but can switch it around to whatever.

Don't need one at that hour. There is a natural progression that occurs at Epcot. About half of the RD crowd goes to TT and the other half goes to Soarin'. When the first groups finish at Soarin', they tend to head to TT, with some going to other places in a scatter, (including MS). The first people off of TT will be later than the first people off of Soarin'. The early TT people tend to go over to Soarin', with some scattering to other areas including MS. Bottom line is that MS (and Sum of All Thrills--the other attraction that builds up a wait time) see only a smattering of people by 9:30. Save your FP for a later time unless you are trying to burn through them to get more (which isn't typically a good strategy at Epcot.)

Okay, maybe I'll do TT, Mission Space Green, Sum of All Thrills. Then do I need a FP for anything in the afternoon? I have one Tier 2 I wont be using. Does LWTL, Seas, or Turtle Talk get busy in the afternoon?

Okay, maybe I'll do TT, Mission Space Green, Sum of All Thrills. Then do I need a FP for anything in the afternoon? I have one Tier 2 I wont be using. Does LWTL, Seas, or Turtle Talk get busy in the afternoon?
If you are going to do MS Green, then I would do Sum of All Thrills before doing that. I've never seen "Green" get backed up in the first hour, (if ever). As for your Tier 2 FP, I know that you said that you were skipping Spaceship Earth, but that is the only one I would use it on due to the fact that the queue for that ride is torture. 25 minutes drags on for what seems to be an hour. May 7 should be a very light day. I suppose if you have to burn a FP, I would do it for LWTL. Again, you might not need it, but that queue is brutally boring. Make the FP for a late-morning time, and go to the ride. If the line is short, use the app to switch to something else. Or just use it or let it lapse.

PS - Crowd Calendar is a "4" on easywdw
"3" on Touring Plans. Which is why I am not sure that you will need your other Tier 2 FP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter