How long will Disney Reservations be down?

I hope it's soon! An easy way for me to know if they are up or not is to search Expedia. If Disney properties aren't on there, the reservation system isn't up.

It looked like it was back online but when I tried to book it was processing for 10 minutes. Gave up and booked online. The resort I wanted finally opened up and there was only 1 room left so i snatched it up!

They were adding more availability to the Free Dining promotion to August and September dates. It's up now if anyone is interested!

I am trying to book for Sept. There are finally more rooms available for FD'ing but the prices are either much higher or the prices are the same and the system lets you get all the way to the end and then tells you that the room category is no longer available. Hello frustrating experience :headache:

I have been checking the travel agent site and the site directly and it is still not working properly. If the update to the site is completely done, they took out a lot of the rooms that were available for the free dining promo during the week leading up to and the week of Thanksgiving. They are showing no accessible or regular rooms available at all. The night before the site went down, there were still quite a few available and I am sure they weren't all booked in the few hours before the site went down for maintenance.

I have been checking the travel agent site and the site directly and it is still not working properly. If the update to the site is completely done, they took out a lot of the rooms that were available for the free dining promo during the week leading up to and the week of Thanksgiving. They are showing no accessible or regular rooms available at all. The night before the site went down, there were still quite a few available and I am sure they weren't all booked in the few hours before the site went down for maintenance.

Yes..the message may be gone..but there are still issues.

Well I hope there are still glitches because the vacation I want to book for beginning of December is sold out according to travel websites! I'll give it another day or two before I freak out...

Still down...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170611-131445.png
    Screenshot_20170611-131445.png
    154.6 KB · Views: 25
I just tried to pull up the free dining offer for 12/23-12/28 and I keep getting the message no resort has this offer. Are the rooms sold out for this offer or could it still be website problems? I don't think it's my dates because the offer says check in dates up to 12/23- or am I wrong about that?

I just tried to pull up the free dining offer for 12/23-12/28 and I keep getting the message no resort has this offer. Are the rooms sold out for this offer or could it still be website problems? I don't think it's my dates because the offer says check in dates up to 12/23- or am I wrong about that?
Website problems

This is so aggravating. I'm trying to book an August trip, trying to compare dates, resorts, dvc cash availability, etc. Can pull up any pricing. Day three of this nonsense. Dvc seems to be up and running.

I can search for rooms but all special offers currently have no availability when I search. So I guess there are still issues.

Yep, for me even the Room Only rate won't display. Either that or every single resort is completely and totally sold out when we are going.o_O

Yep, for me even the Room Only rate won't display. Either that or every single resort is completely and totally sold out when we are going.o_O
It's not just you. I checked my preferred resort (Fort Wilderness Cabins) for EVERY WEEK after Thanksgiving and through December and they showed no availability. I can't believe that they'd have absolutely no rooms for an entire month. Thanksgiving holiday? Yeah. Christmas and New Years? Absolutely booked! December 1 through 6? No rooms available? Sorry - I don't buy that. I think they're still having system problems.

Yep... everything is showing no availability. No matter what I put in for dates/resort. So it's bugged out for whatever reason.

There must be something big that went wrong. Which can honestly happen to any company. Though I wonder why Disney doesn't just use their backup. I mean, I know tech support is not their strong suite, but they have to have a backup. Of course, I am not sure how that would impact anything that WAS done within the last few days like ADRs, FPs, and the like. So maybe they don't want to risk that either.

And it's not going to "hurt" Disney all that much. People don't exactly have a lot of options when it comes to booking a Disney resort. They may lose a few to going off site, but I doubt it would be a considerable number.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter