How long until I have a membership number?

lacool

The second mouse gets the cheese!
Color me elated. Jaki called last night with news that our resale has closed. I'm coming home!!!!

Now, here is a question for those of you who have purchased through a resale...How long did it take for Disney to get you into their system and issue you a membership number? I am so anxious to make my first ressies. Shall I call on a daily basis, or give them at least a week?

As an aside, Jaki told me that Disney exercised ROFR on 10 of the 12 resales that she had offers on this week. Yikes! Makes me feel even luckier to get the deal I did.

Leigh Ann
:earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsgirl: :earsgirl:

lacool- Congratulations!!! Would you mind giving us the details of your purchase? Such us # of points, place, and if there were points banked. Your statistic of 20% successful sales worries me. We are currently waiting for one to go through and are not very optimistic hearing that. Thanks!

I have mine........
Congratulations Leigh Ann, I got mine before you and already made my ressie for May. The 404 OKW contract I had was bought back by Disney. We were lucky to get ours through when we did. Happy DVC'ing. Rich:Pinkbounc

BTW Mine closed a weekago last Friday and I had my number
on Thursday.

We bought through Jaki, too back in November. Not listening to Jaki's advice that our number probably wouldn't be available until the following Friday, I called every day. What a waste! Our number was not available until Friday just as Jaki had stated. Bottom line: I would wait a week like she says.

Almost another whole week -- nooooooo! I hate to sound like Veruca Salt in Willy Wonka, but I want it NOW! Rich, didn't you make your offer after I did? How did you close so fast???

Carlnne, we purchased 250 BWV points with 219 banked from last year and all this year's points available. We paid $70 per point ($72 if you factor in the closing costs). It was a bit higher than what seemed to be the going rate, but I really liked the idea of all those points immediately available. It also doesn't seem like a great deal with the current MB program Disney is offering, but then we wouldn't have had any points available until August. Overall, I think I made the right choice.

Hey Rich. Your countdown says 215 days, but you mention going in May. Is your counter operating on the Aztec calendar?

Hi Leigh Ann, I made the September ressie before I bought the points. I actually rented points to go in September. Now I have 696 points to use in 2003-2004. I forget how to update the countdown calendar. Any hints. BTW I paid the extra $15.00 to overnight it to Disney. But I know what you mean,I was chomping at the bit to get my number. Good luck,you'll get it soon. Rich

Figured out how to update countdown.

That makes much more sense, Rich. Nice job on the countdown. I'm looking forward to having something to count down to. I sprang for the $15 extra to rush it to Disney, but I cheaped out in the beginning and didn't overnight my deposit to the law office. Perhaps that is the difference that I am paying for in wait time now. Who knew these six weeks would pass sooooo slowly. The problem could be that I am on these boards daily, reading about everyone else's plans and growing more envious every day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter