how long to see points AFTER you pass ROFR

The seller in my case won't return the closing documents!!

Uh oh. That's not good. My seller's docs are in, my docs will be there Monday. I am in touch with my closing agent and she assures me she'll expedite everything. Naturally, I will be on her a-- like grass :lmao:

I hope to have the points in my account in a week. Hope...

We passed ROFR on a Friday (2/4) and I received my closing documents from Magic Vacation Title the Tuesday (2/8) after. I was delayed in returning my documents due to financing issues, but they received them on a Friday (2/18)and I closed the following Tuesday (2/22).

I was told I would be in the Disney system in 5-10 business days. I called yesterday and am not in the system yet. Even if I wasn't delayed by financing issues it would still have been 2-3 weeks after passing ROFR before actually getting in the Disney system.

Disney may have a bit of a backlog given the recent boom in the resale market.

As mentioned above, I closed on 2/22. I wasn't in the system on 3/1 but was in the system when I called 3/5. As of today I still haven't received anything from Disney but can access my info online and made my first reservation for the food and wine festival.

Grumpy175......

Did you push for an answer as to why closing would be delayed for a month? Even with the slowness right now because of volume, that seems a bit much.

Did all parties return paperwork? Have you already sent in the funds?

I don't think I would just accept a month delay without a really really good reason.

We got an e-mail on Friday 3/11 that our contract closed on Thursday 3/10 and was forwarded to DVC. It said to allow 7-10 business days for our points to show up. Naturally, I've called every day this week hoping for a quick turn around. And, naturally, since I'm in a real hurry to get these points and book a vaction for this summer, they've not shown up yet.

I passed ROFR on 2/22. I was told by TT&M that my closing date was scheduled for 3/23. My closing documents arrived by email Sat 3/12. I was told by closing agent that the seller had already signed their contract and they were just waiting to receive mine to close. I am hoping to be in the system within the next week so I can book a trip in May. :rolleyes1

We got the a-ok two days ago...made it through ROFR. Now the realtor said it will take ANOTHER 30 days to actually close and see the points in our account.

Holy shnikey! I can't believe the wait they put buyers through. Amazing.

Did it really take you that long?

It's been awhile but I think our resale took around 5 weeks from ROFR until we were in the system.

Many resale agencies will say it may take 30+ days just in case there are some delays; but it usually does not take quite that long. For them to under estimate the time it will take and then have things take longer :scared1: is not a situation they want to find themselves in with the buyer.

Best wishes, hope things move along for you. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter