how long to see points AFTER you pass ROFR

mtquinn

DIS Veteran
We got the a-ok two days ago...made it through ROFR. Now the realtor said it will take ANOTHER 30 days to actually close and see the points in our account.

Holy shnikey! I can't believe the wait they put buyers through. Amazing.

Did it really take you that long?

We got the a-ok two days ago...made it through ROFR. Now the realtor said it will take ANOTHER 30 days to actually close and see the points in our account.

Holy shnikey! I can't believe the wait they put buyers through. Amazing.

Did it really take you that long?

I keep asking the same questions about my resale, and I'm still in ROFR. I finally got them to break down and tell me that it can take as little as a week to get the closing docs, and as little as a week to make it into the system, assuming you get everything back and signed in a prompt manner. However, I was told it's more likely to take a little longer, so the best you can expect is 15 days, but closer to 25-30 is more likely.

We are at two weeks and a day after ROFR and still no news regarding closing papers.

We passed ROFR on 2/21 and were told we would close on 3/10. The closing agent is Timeshshares, Titles, and More. I understand they work with many of the Disney resellers in the Orlando area.
Judy Martin ihas been great and we asked her to expedite things. She notified us today that all the paperwork was signed and as soon as she receives updates from Disney, she will proceed with the closing. She said it should be within the next few days.
The kids have no school next week, so we are hoping for some Disney magic. Who knows? Maybe we'll get lucky. A spontaneous trip to WDW would help use points 210 that will expire on May 31st. (banked from 2009).
Resort would not be a problem for us cause we love the place and we bought what we wanted for our future trips BWV!
:dance3:

We passed ROFR on 2/21 and were told we would close on 3/10. The closing agent is Timeshshares, Titles, and More. I understand they work with many of the Disney resellers in the Orlando area.
Judy Martin ihas been great and we asked her to expedite things. She notified us today that all the paperwork was signed and as soon as she receives updates from Disney, she will proceed with the closing. She said it should be within the next few days.
The kids have no school next week, so we are hoping for some Disney magic. Who knows? Maybe we'll get lucky. A spontaneous trip to WDW would help use points 210 that will expire on May 31st. (banked from 2009).
Resort would not be a problem for us cause we love the place and we bought what we wanted for our future trips BWV!
:dance3:

After you close and everything is sent to Disney, it can still take a couple of weeks for Disney to put you in their system. One CM puts in part of your info into their system, then it has to go to another CM who puts the points in your account. I wouldn't get my hopes up about next week! It took over 2 weeks for our last resale to show up in Disney's system last August - a relatively slow time for resales compared to right now.

We passed ROFR on a Friday (2/4) and I received my closing documents from Magic Vacation Title the Tuesday (2/8) after. I was delayed in returning my documents due to financing issues, but they received them on a Friday (2/18)and I closed the following Tuesday (2/22).

I was told I would be in the Disney system in 5-10 business days. I called yesterday and am not in the system yet. Even if I wasn't delayed by financing issues it would still have been 2-3 weeks after passing ROFR before actually getting in the Disney system.

Disney may have a bit of a backlog given the recent boom in the resale market.

I passed ROFR on 2/5 and closed on 2/28. It would have gone faster but the seller took her time returning the papers.

After you close and everything is sent to Disney, it can still take a couple of weeks for Disney to put you in their system. One CM puts in part of your info into their system, then it has to go to another CM who puts the points in your account. I wouldn't get my hopes up about next week! It took over 2 weeks for our last resale to show up in Disney's system last August - a relatively slow time for resales compared to right now.

Understood. Thanks for the reality check.
Just hoping and wishing for a little bit of the magic.
I will just call MS daily until we get into the system and see what's available.
:cool1:

We just got the email from the closing agent that we have closed and the deed has been forwarded to Disney!
They said to allow 7-10 days before contacting member services.
I'll be on the phone every day.
:banana:

We passed ROFR on 2/4 and closed on 2/15. Our points were in the Disney system and I made our first reservations on 2/18 -- so the magic can happen!

Congratulations and Welcome Home!

That's what I needed to hear. There's always a chance for the magic!
My DD is coming home from college next week and would love to go on a family road trip!!

I have no idea what might be available, but who cares. We would be at WDW!!
Will call MS tomorrow just in case.

That's what I needed to hear. There's always a chance for the magic!
My DD is coming home from college next week and would love to go on a family road trip!!

I have no idea what might be available, but who cares. We would be at WDW!!
Will call MS tomorrow just in case.

Passed ROFR 2/21
closed on 2/25
started to make first reservation 3/1
I finally got 6 nights at BCV
So yes it can happen -But the hard part comes making a reservation I was looking for the 3/11 -3/20 th ??????
Everything is so full I could only get 2 days here or there at the end or at the beginning -but persistence might pay off-I will be watching please post and tell what happens -

I had a particularly long wait. We passed ROFR at the end of November, paid full in December and finally got our points in our account on Feb. 23!

Bobbi:goodvibes

Passed ROFR 2/21
closed on 2/25
started to make first reservation 3/1
I finally got 6 nights at BCV
So yes it can happen -But the hard part comes making a reservation I was looking for the 3/11 -3/20 th ??????
Everything is so full I could only get 2 days here or there at the end or at the beginning -but persistence might pay off-I will be watching please post and tell what happens -

I called MS today. We're not in the system yet. will try tomorrow, but I don't think the admin offices work on the weekends, so I'll try on Monday as well. If there's any availability anywhere then wwe probably will just go for it since points from '09 will expire end of May.

Hopefully it will be much sooner than you think.

We passe ROFR on 2/18.
Got closing documents on 2/21.
Confirmed title co. received our closing documents on 2/24.
Heard nothing until 3/4. :rolleyes1
3/4 got notification by e-mail & regular mail we closed on 2/28-documents forwarded to Disney on that date but were told we should expect 10 day wait to be in system.
3/5- called Disney (with low expectations) but we were in system and able to make reservations. :banana:

So for us it took just over 2 weeks. I think it really depends how fast the seller gets their stuff in.

Here's our timeline so far...

2/16 passed ROFR
3/3 closing docs received from title co
3/4 all docs/pmts from buyer & seller confirmed received by title co

I e-mailed today to see if we had closed or if it was scheduled....she replied that we should be able to close the first of next week. Am I being impatient or is this taking ridiculously long?! I thought we would close this week for sure! I'm thinking of forwarding her message to the broker to see if there's anything we can do to expedite this.

We passed ROFR on 2/21.
Closed on 3/3.
Name was in system on 3/10.
Points in account on 3/12.
Now trying for a reservation.

We closed on 3/1 and we are still not in the system. We are so frustrated.
Why are people that closed after us are in before we are????

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter