How long to receive Membership Number?

betsywdw

DIS Veteran
We went through the Timeshare Store and purchased a contract at BLT. We received the email that the Escrow has closed and we are now the owner of the points. Now we will wait to receive our Membership number. The email states 14 - 28 days. Is it possible to get it any sooner? Just wondering :)

We went through the Timeshare Store and purchased a contract at BLT. We received the email that the Escrow has closed and we are now the owner of the points. Now we will wait to receive our Membership number. The email states 14 - 28 days. Is it possible to get it any sooner? Just wondering :)

My 2 contracts took 20 and 21 days from the date the sale was closed. Hopefully it'll be fast for you. This wait seemed worse than ROFR for me because you know they are yours and it makes you want them even more :)

I called member accounting 6 days after my deed was recorded and they gave me my member number over the phone and I made my reservation that day. I had points expiring within the month so I don't know if that's why they were willing to helps out or not but it worked out in my favor!

What did you tell them when you called after 6 days to get them to give it to you?

Thanks for all of the responses! I agree, this wait is worse than ROFR! I called my guide and she said I could call her in a few days and she would check again. I may not make it to 28 days! Lol

I'm at 19 days and counting waiting for our membership #. Not booking anything until late 2015 so not in a rush...but still counting. Lol.

We closed on our BLT resale contract on January 28. Received our Membership # in the mail on Feb. 18.

I called this morning. The CM that answered was friendly and tried to look me up but couldn't find me yet. My deed was just recorded on the 14th. I'll try again next week.

I was able to get my membership Id from accounting this morning. She then transferred me to get my online activation and club id. Very helpful.

We bought our membership on our cruise Feb. 12. We have recieved our membership card in the mail, but no activation code yet. We called membership services and were told that the sale would not be recorded until the end of March, so we would not receive our activation code until then. Is this standard? I thought that since we had received our membership card, maybe we would be able to access the website, but apparently not.

We bought our membership on our cruise Feb. 12. We have recieved our membership card in the mail, but no activation code yet. We called membership services and were told that the sale would not be recorded until the end of March, so we would not receive our activation code until then. Is this standard? I thought that since we had received our membership card, maybe we would be able to access the website, but apparently not.

Direct buyers can usually book as soon as they pay the deposit. I would call your guide and have him/her fix the problem and help you book your first reservation, that's the least that they can do since you paid a few thousand dollars more direct compared to resale.

:earsboy: Bill

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter