how long to find the RIGHT contract

friend2Figment

Mouseketeer
Once you figured out the resort, number of points, price point and uy how long did it take to find the right contract to fit your wishes?

If you want an exact contract, buy direct. If you do your home work, know what range you are willing to accept, take your time and check the major resellers daily you will improve your odds of finding a contract that will work for you.

:earsboy: Bill

Once you figured out the resort, number of points, price point and uy how long did it take to find the right contract to fit your wishes?

That depends on how realistic you are, how flexible you are, and what the supply of those contracts is. If you are looking for 182 points at BCV with an April use year and you are only willing to pay $90 a point - probably never.

If you want an Epcot area resort, are flexible on use year, anywhere between 150 and 200 points, and are willing to entertain a stripped contract at BWV at $90 - you can put in an offer today that will very likely be accepted and on its path to closing.

It took use three days - and only because our first contract was pulled out from us. But we were flexible - we looked at what was available to buy and made our decisions from there.

It probably took me two months to find my first contract. I wanted 100 points at BLT, and ended up with 120.
Three weeks later, I found a perfect SSR contract; same use year and fully loaded.
After that, I just browsed the listings. But, when I saw some great deals, I jumped; 40 SSR at $68, 25 BWV at $80.

In summary, it could take minutes or it could take months. Just be prepared to act when you see what you want.

it took us about 6 weeks to find a contract we wanted, as we didn't want one that was stripped till 2017 & wanted BWV. You just have to sign up for the daily email updates and know what your willing to purchase.

We are looking at OKW 100-150 points and uy range aug-oct. Price would be based on loaded or stripped or an ext contract. We are looking to pay cash so want to keep that in check. I have seen the perfect contract pending so it must exist.

It took us a few months of serious searching - by that, I mean, checking resale listings every day (usually multiple times in one day). We knew we wanted BLT and we were somewhat flexible with our use year (anywhere from June to October would have been okay). As for points, we originally wanted more than 160 but less than 200. I quickly discovered that those point values aren't very common so we ended up jumping when we saw one for 200 at a decent price. I think some flexibility is key...and lots of patience :)

Took us less than 72 hr to find OKW 270p @ $73 per point with 74 banked points for UY Sept. We felt it was a great deal so 344 points for Sept 2015 and 270 from there on!

We, meaning I, have been looking casually since around Christmas. After our trip to BWV in May that firmed up our desire to either add on to existing SSR/Aug UY or a BWV small. I was shopping based on total cost. Made an offer today on 120 SSR/Aug UY points that the owner accepted so my answer is - it depends. Good luck!

Back in '11, DW and I started looking once we found out our DGS was on the way in Feb. We figured out what we wanted, how many points, and UY. Found out what we looking for in June and we were in they system on Aug 1.

I've been looking since November and it's June, so 9 months? I know exactly what I want and what I'm willing to pay. It's hard to stay patience, especially when I make an offer that's close to seller's price and my price starts to creep....

We orig wanted a small VWL contract, but they are near impossible to find. We're planning a family trip so we wanted to move. So we settled on SSR - if we couldn't get a VWL contract, then it really didn't matter which resort.
We stared looking end of Feb and Mar 29 we found the perfect contract - 50 Pts, Mar UY, loaded.
Just as we cleared ROFR for SSR, (Apr 29) our dream contract came up: 50 pts VWL and fully loaded! Someone beat us to the punch so we didn't get it. But as fate turned out, they backed out and as we were the next ones to make an offer, we got next shot - I pounced!!! We are now in estoppel for our dream contract. :love:
I think we just got extremely lucky!!

We orig wanted a small VWL contract, but they are near impossible to find. We're planning a family trip so we wanted to move. So we settled on SSR - if we couldn't get a VWL contract, then it really didn't matter which resort.
We stared looking end of Feb and Mar 29 we found the perfect contract - 50 Pts, Mar UY, loaded.
Just as we cleared ROFR for SSR, (Apr 29) our dream contract came up: 50 pts VWL and fully loaded! Someone beat us to the punch so we didn't get it. But as fate turned out, they backed out and as we were the next ones to make an offer, we got next shot - I pounced!!! We are now in estoppel for our dream contract. :love:
I think we just got extremely lucky!!

So did you end up with two contracts or did you back out of the SSR contract?

We thought about backing out of the SSR, but that wouldn't be fair to the seller. We made a deal and are sticking to it. So we're going to end up with 2 contracts when all is said and done. We had talked about just turning around and selling it.
But now we're actually considering just keeping it and renting out the points. Tossing all options around to see what would be the best senario.
I may reach out to our wise readers here to see what folks think.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter