How long to expect for sit down meals? esp BOG

DisFam95

DIS Veteran
My FP+ booking window is coming up and I'm officially freaking out with charts and grids here! I have our sit downs set for lunch when we need a nice sit down from the heat and we wing it at night for casual meals.

I'm debating the whole rope drop morning and FP for afternoon times or FP from the get go to get more FP later.

Anyway - How long do you allow for a sit down meal before you feel ok making a FP ressie? The only one that throws a kink is my MK day I could only get a 10:45 lunch @ BOG. How long does it take to get through and order, eat, and get out? Your average experience.

Thanks!

My FP+ booking window is coming up and I'm officially freaking out with charts and grids here! I have our sit downs set for lunch when we need a nice sit down from the heat and we wing it at night for casual meals.

I'm debating the whole rope drop morning and FP for afternoon times or FP from the get go to get more FP later.

Anyway - How long do you allow for a sit down meal before you feel ok making a FP ressie? The only one that throws a kink is my MK day I could only get a 10:45 lunch @ BOG. How long does it take to get through and order, eat, and get out? Your average experience.

Thanks!

We usually allow 90 minutes for a sit down meal. I would suggest having your FP+ window beginning no earlier than that. Specifically at BOG lunch it did not take that long because it's not a served meal. We ate there twice. The first time we ordered when we arrived and there were several people ahead of us. We probably waited 15 minutes before placing our order and getting to a table and then about 10 minutes for our food. On our trip last year we preordered our meal just before we got to BOG and we were checked in by a CM right away and were ready to find a table in under 5 minutes. It went very smoothly for us. We like to take a little more time at BOG to relax, look around at the different dining rooms and take some pictures. I would say that this CS meal takes us approximately 45 minutes.

Note that your FP ressies have one hour return windows that cannot overlap. However, FPs and ADRs can definitely overlap. Also note that with FP you can return 5 minutes early and supposedly up to 15 minutes late.

BOG is different from other places. The earliest they will let you in would be 10:40am. On last trip we went later in the afternoon, we waited 5 minutes outside, then 20+ minutes inside to order at the kiosks. I would guess with your early ADR, you won't have to wait as long, but you will be going during a more busy time. You can also pre-order your meal to save time. Once we ordered, the food came out about 10-15 minutes later.

My personal preference on last trip was to have FP+ reserved for before noon, with the plan to get as many additional FP at kiosks as early as possible. If you are going during hot/busy summer, you will want to be at the park before rope drop. If it was me I would have first two FP+ reservations 9-10am/10-11am. Use the first at the end of the window, and the second at the start of the window. I would make the 3rd FP+ 11:30am, it will be ready to use when you are done with lunch, and even if you have to wait or eat really slow, you will be able to use it by 12:30pm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter