How Long to Buffalo Airport from Mississauga?

Vallie

DIS Veteran
How long approximatly does it take to get to Buffalo Airport?
Our flight is at 6am, I would like to be there for 4,
assuming the weather is ok.. what time should we leave mississauga?!

also which is the best bridge to take into the US?

thanks in adnvance!

also does anyone have the exact address to buffalo airport so i could mapquest it?

well my mom is driving me and my friend.. i dont want to stay overnight in buffalo to be honest.. not the safest place in the world

Google Maps says 1h 43m, so that's not bad at all... certainly no need to stay overnight. I'm not sure about Mapquest, but with Google Maps I just had to type BUF (the Buffalo airport code).

I hear that taking the Fort Erie crossing tends to be faster than the Queenston/Lewiston crossing.

http://www.buffaloairport.com/

thanks! i googled it as well and got the same time... im just concerned with how long it will take to cross the boarder!

my mom said if we leave by 1:30-2 we should be fine

I would take the QEW to the Peace Bridge.

If weather is an issue, I would consider staying in Buffalo. There are many secure hotels at the airport, quite a few built in the last few years. I always leave my car there without issues.

2 hours is plenty of time to get down there. There will be little to no traffic on the QEW and at the border. We had a 7:30am flight in October and made sure we were on the highway by 4am which got us into the airport at 5:30 sharp. That left us enough time to eat a bagel breakfast at the airport, get through security and sit an hour before our flight boarded.

Btw, cross at Fort Erie. It's the most direct/quickest route and there is no tolls between the bridge and the airport.

We went from Buffalo to Mississauga on Dec 18 via Fort Erie at 1 am. It took us about 2 hours to go from Buffalo Airport to Mississauga, including going through border crossing. We had a 7 am flight from Buffalo on Dec 13 and it took about the same 2 hour drive. Fort Erie is convenient, especially when driving to the border during late-night hours.

Thank u for all your help!!
the directions I got from mapquest do not include the Fort Erie bridge...
could anyone give me directions from there or tell me where i can get those directions to use that bridge?

it seems like that is the best choice!

From Mississauga, it's easy to find the Peace Bridge, in Fort Erie.

Get on the QEW -- and drive until you see the USA flag. Fort Erie is about 20 minutes past Niagara Falls.

From the USA border, get on I-190, and drive to the I-90E (about 8 - 9 minutes).

Drive approx 3 - 4 minutes on the I-90, and get off at exit 51E (driving past Walden Galleria).

The airport is 3 - 4 minutes from the I-90.

From Mississauga, it's easy to find the Peace Bridge, in Fort Erie.

Get on the QEW -- and drive until you see the USA flag. Fort Erie is about 20 minutes past Niagara Falls.

From the USA border, get on I-190, and drive to the I-90E (about 8 - 9 minutes).

Drive approx 3 - 4 minutes on the I-90, and get off at exit 51E (driving past Walden Galleria).

The airport is 3 - 4 minutes from the I-90.

o wow those directions are sooo much easier then the ones given on map quest! thanks again!

I'm in Mississauga too! We did the Fort Erie bridge too in March for BUF to MCO. Our flight was 10am....but I wanted to stay over the night. I didn't want to get up in the middle of the night to drive two hours in unknown weather to BUF. We stayed in a lovely hotel with shuttle service to BUF...they watched our car SAFELY for two weeks and feed us dinner and breakky. It's called Homewood Suites. Lovely indoor pool too. It's a loooooooong day to do it all at once. S

From Winston Churchill and the 403 area to the Buffalo airport using Highway 407 toll roads and the Peace Bridge took exactly 1:47 minutes in good weather. We hit the border at 4 pm and it took 10 minutes at the most.

coming back via Queenston/Lewston Bridge and the toll road ($1.00) took about the same amount of time. We hit the border at 7:30 pm and there was not a single car in line to return to Canada.

Bank on 2 hours in good weather. If crossing at the Peace Bridge just make sure there isn't a Sabres hockey game if you are crossing at 4-7 pm. It slows you down a bit due to all the Canadians going to the games. Also if you have passports for everyone and say you are going to the airport to fly to Disney you will likely get cleared in about 2 minutes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter