How long should it take to get a Disney gift card refund?

Discussion in 'Budget Board' started by Tiggs14, Sep 10, 2013.

1. Tiggs14

Tiggs14 DIS Veteran

Hoping someone can help...

Does anyone know how long it takes for a refund to show up on a Disney gift card?

I cancelled a reservation on Monday morning and the refund still isn't showing on the gift card today (Tuesday afternoon). Not sure if it takes awhile or if I need to call to find out what has happened with the deposit that should have been put back on the giftcard. I only used one gift card and was told the money would be put back on it.

Thanks in advance!

2. jmartinez1895

jmartinez1895 DIS Veteran

A few years ago I changed something on my reservation and they sent a refund to my gift card. It took about a week, but that was a while ago. I say it would not hurt to give them a call and see what is going on and maybe they can tell when you should expect to see the funds.

3. angierae

angierae DIS Veteran

In April of 2012 I had to take DH off our reservation on a Monday, and we arrived at WDW on Saturday night. By Sunday morning, all of the gift cards had been refunded. So give it about a week, although it will probably be less than that.

4. Fire14

Fire14 Spartan Living in land of Buckeyes.

My wasn't reservation related but I had it within 5 min. of getting off phone.
    When I cancelled res. The refund in form of check was in my hands in about a week.