• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How long should it take to get a Disney gift card refund?

Tiggs14

DIS Veteran
Hoping someone can help...

Does anyone know how long it takes for a refund to show up on a Disney gift card?

I cancelled a reservation on Monday morning and the refund still isn't showing on the gift card today (Tuesday afternoon). Not sure if it takes awhile or if I need to call to find out what has happened with the deposit that should have been put back on the giftcard. I only used one gift card and was told the money would be put back on it.

Thanks in advance!

A few years ago I changed something on my reservation and they sent a refund to my gift card. It took about a week, but that was a while ago. I say it would not hurt to give them a call and see what is going on and maybe they can tell when you should expect to see the funds.

In April of 2012 I had to take DH off our reservation on a Monday, and we arrived at WDW on Saturday night. By Sunday morning, all of the gift cards had been refunded. So give it about a week, although it will probably be less than that.

My wasn't reservation related but I had it within 5 min. of getting off phone.
When I cancelled res. The refund in form of check was in my hands in about a week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter